Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season

Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season

Thursday, February 27th, 2020 7:02pm CST

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 47,916

We have some sad news to bring to you today regarding the Transformers Cyberverse TV show. It appears as though the 26 episode 3rd season will be the final season for the show.

This news comes to us from Ehud Landsberg, who is one of the 3 directors for the show. He posted on his LinkedIn account that Season 3 will indeed be the final season for the show, which is a shame considering how good the show has been getting and also just how much love has been shown by the show to many corners of the franchise.

With Season 3 having finished airing this week in the UK and the season actually getting ready to kick off around the rest of the world shortly, it seems we have both a lot to look forward to, and a lot to mourn, as we could have had a long running show with Cyberverse.

What do you think of this news? Are you sad the show is ending? Let us know in the comments section down below.

Transformers News: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season

Credit(s): Ehud Landsberg

Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054783)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on February 27th, 2020 @ 7:09pm CST
Like I said earlier, this sucks. We could have had something incredible. We got something great, but this is too soon a conclusion.

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054785)
Posted by Whifflefire on February 27th, 2020 @ 7:21pm CST

Edit: I totally blanked on Rescue Bots Academy, that's still on tv.

Favourite episode is still Wheeljack "teaming up" with Shockwave. Good times.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054786)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 27th, 2020 @ 7:27pm CST
Thank you so much for not posting the very spoilerific image that a certain other article included with this news of Season 3 being the end.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054790)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 27th, 2020 @ 8:24pm CST
Just finished Season 3, and wow, what a ride.

I will not post any too spoilerific, but I will say this: Dead End became one of the standout characters, and he is one of my favorite cons now. He joins First Aid as combiner characters i love outside of the combiner.

Also, The end felt a bit rushed, and I honestly wish this show had used 22 minute episodes, and it really felt like they had another season in mind for this.

This is an incredibly enjoyable show, i loved it!
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054802)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on February 27th, 2020 @ 10:20pm CST
Whifflefire wrote:That's too bad, the show has a lot of potential I feel it hasn't lived up to yet. Hopefully season three fulfills that potential, at least enough to leave a good legacy. I also hope it gets a satisfying conclusion, all ends tied. Probably won't hear of a new show until after WFC, so no more TF shows on television for now (as if they were ever prominent programs).

Edit: I totally blanked on Rescue Bots Academy, that's still on tv.

Favourite episode is still Wheeljack "teaming up" with Shockwave. Good times.

What's really funny is the fact that the episodes seem to be written as classic 22 minute episodes, but the format seems to just split them apart. The first four episodes (or rather, the opening two parter if we're being realistic), lead into a season that clearly had an emphasis on a whole season arc versus individual, standaloneish episodes. There's a very strong, fun "found family" vibe that makes up a big part of the first half of the season, characterization none of us saw coming. but its pure gold.

In the end, each episode could have GREATLY benefitted from being 22 mins each, but its great for what it is, and we can hardly complain with the (seemingly) mature Netflix show coming out in a few months.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054833)
Posted by Deathsanras on February 28th, 2020 @ 4:59am CST
Cyberverse seems like s filler line with a filler cartoon. Bang together a dollar-store toyline from the G1 Evergreen designs (they're basically Authentics), and knock out a cartoon where lots of stuff happens yet none of it of any real consequence, handled bizarrely, like the Seekers.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054848)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2020 @ 9:50am CST
Deathsanras wrote:Kind of unmemorable as a series. Honestly, Rescue Bots Academy is more memorable with more personality, and that's been dumbed down for the younger audience than its predecessor.
Exactly how far into Cyberverse are you? Cuz it sounds like you've only watched Season 1 and maybe a little of Season 2.

While Season 1 was just okay, Season 2 was really good and Season 3 is balls to the walls amazing!
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054856)
Posted by o.supreme on February 28th, 2020 @ 11:26am CST
not surprised, and I'm honestly glad. The show did nothing for me. I know some fans liked it, and that is fair, but it is high time we just get away from Bumblebee as a main character. There honestly hasn't been a good TF animated series since Prime, and that's been almost a decade ago now.

I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment again but...I'm hoping the Netflix series satisfies the part of me that loves classic Transformers. For a newer Younger/Target audience, I'd love to see something brand new, something I' thought I'd never say. I mean as much as I dislike the Unicron Trilogy, I appreciate its ability to innovate and bring in a whole new generation of fans. The original RiD (Car Robots) was a treat as it brought back vehicles, but preserved the fun and action of a classically styled Robot Anime.

I'd love to see a brand new series, take a dare if you will. Beast Wars was revolutionary for the time, I'd love to see something completely different. All new characters that have no ties to previous mythology. No name drops, just go all out and brand new.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054857)
Posted by Deadput on February 28th, 2020 @ 11:42am CST
I think the best way to handle a new series with mostly new characters is to have it so both new and old fans could appreciate it. Don't have much to say about the story besides hopefully it's written well or if failing that it can be entertaining regardless, I have no idea what a new story could be like, I presume it will be another Autobots vs Decepticon conflict, the question is what would the conflict be.

An actual war, the RID Cops vs Crooks approach, politics, etc

I do think the best way to handle a new cast would to do something similar to the newer RID cartoon sorta, have the mentor/leader character be a "legacy" character like say Jazz or something, someone recognizable to fans while the rest of the main cast be new characters. (Can it be a cast of 6 or 7 this time, I hate the band of 5 trope, it's limited and boring) The rid Cartoon had Bumblebee, Sideswipe, Grimlock, Strongarm and Fixit, the latter 2 were pretty much new characters entirely while Sideswipe and Grimlock were sorta like their G1 counterparts I'd say they were pretty much new characters besides the names.

Other legacy characters could be supporting/background characters like a Bumblebee who shows up from time to time like in Rescue bots but is not a main character.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054861)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2020 @ 12:02pm CST
o.supreme wrote:not surprised, and I'm honestly glad. The show did nothing for me. I know some fans liked it, and that is fair, but it is high time we just get away from Bumblebee as a main character.
Did you only watch Season 1 or something? Bee is not the main character.

If anything, Hot Rod is.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054917)
Posted by Whifflefire on February 28th, 2020 @ 7:17pm CST
Stormshot_Prime wrote:Prepare to be blown away by Season 3, beacause it's good. Like real good writing good. I would reccomend it for any fan looking for good, original fiction. Yeah Cyberverse is a sort of "neo-G1" but this season helps break away from those stereotypes.

Well in that case,I'll be quite looking forward to it! Just hope it's not too long a wait, last two seasons came out in September in the States.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054918)
Posted by Skritz on February 28th, 2020 @ 7:23pm CST
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2054928)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2020 @ 8:42pm CST
Skritz wrote:Transformers show never get more than three seasons. Its kind of a rule at this point.
Rescue Bots with its 4 seasons of 104 episodes says "Hi!" ;)
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2055027)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on February 29th, 2020 @ 11:56am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Rescue Bots with its 4 seasons of 104 episodes says "Hi!" ;)

And all of them were 22 minutes!

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2055080)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on February 29th, 2020 @ 5:58pm CST

Cyberverse season 3 may be one of the best and most original takes on Transformers in a while, it was truly a blast
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2055091)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on February 29th, 2020 @ 6:46pm CST
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I really think there are some folks here who did not watch past Season 1. Season 2 centered on different characters and Starscream and Cheetor if anyone were the standouts from that season. Season 3 was mostly Hot Rod as well, with another great mix.

Totally agree.

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2055092)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on February 29th, 2020 @ 6:55pm CST
Just finished the show. (Spoilers alone from here on out.) This was a fantastic finale, but I want Season 4 so badly right now! :-( I happened to love "The Other One", and his army of Tarns! Astrotrain desperately needs an Ultimate Class figure. I loved every moment, and the "Autobot All-Stars" at the end were awesome! Perceptor, Rack'n'Ruin, Whirl... Before, I just liked them. Now, I love them! Every character was awesome. I especially wanted more of "The Dweller", as well as a spin-off of Megatron and Dead End's adventures across the multiverse.
Standout characters who need Deluxe Class toys:
Soundwave
Wild Wheel
Shadow Striker
Dead End
Windblade
Whirl
Cheetor
Perceptor
There, I just gave myself an entire wave!

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2055093)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on February 29th, 2020 @ 6:57pm CST
Ticking off alert: After finishing Season 3, I now understand all the Bee-Windblade shippers out there. :P

:BH-PREDACON:
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2055096)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 29th, 2020 @ 7:10pm CST

Indeed. Cyberverse season 3 is legit "Beast Wars good".
Re: Transformers Cyberverse Season 3 Confirmed to be Final Season (2055195)
Posted by Tigerhawk7109 on March 1st, 2020 @ 6:52am CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Indeed. Cyberverse season 3 is legit "Beast Wars good".

Beast Wars, Prime, Animated... Take your pick. :P

:BH-PREDACON:

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Skywarp Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #255 - Judgment Day
"Judgment Day"
Posted: Sunday, July 19th, 2020

Buy "TRANSFORMERS BERSERKER - THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION. NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return REPUGNUS LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeA x Transformers Generation One Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Dead End Complete Deluxe ROTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Brunt Figure Hasbro 2018 Aus Seller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Hotrod Battle For Cybertron - SHARKTICONS" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series Lot Of 3 Decepticons Lockdown KSI Boss Crowbar" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 41 CONSTRUCTICON SCRAPMETAL Deluxe MISB Devastator" on EBAY