Transformers News: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip

Tuesday, July 24th, 2018 8:00AM CDT

Category: Cartoon News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 16,440

From the Second Quarter investor conference with Hasbro, which took place in the past couple of days, we have some news regarding the Transformers Cyberverse animated series and its broadcasting future: according to the remarks transcript on the Hasbro page, it is confirmed to be airing this fall on Cartoon Network, following the steps of Robots in Disguise and its later Combiner Force incarnation!

What do you make of this news? To flesh out the conversation, make sure to also check out a clip from an episode of season 1, shown at the San Diego Comic Con panel (starts at 20:40 minute mark)!

We continue to execute our multi-screen content strategy for TRANSFORMERS, with new product innovations supporting each of our unique stories. In addition to our feature film TRANSFORMERS BUMBLEBEE coming in December, we have a new kid-targeted animated series, Transformers Cyberverse, this Fall airing on Cartoon Network.

We also continue with our fan-targeted Power of the Primes series and preschool targeted Rescue Bots series with all new content and product innovation. Our animation studio is producing both the
TRANSFORMERS CYBERVERSE and RESCUE BOTS series.

Credit(s): Hasbro

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1977998)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 11th, 2018 @ 6:08pm CDT
Thanks to fellow Seibertron user Surivivefan23, we've been informed that a new clip from the Transformers Cyberverse Animated series has been placed on YouTube, courtesy of YouTube user Angelina Pax.

The clip shows Windblade talking to Bumblebee, asking about his memory. The yellow bot cannot remember anything other than being able to do doughnuts. It's worth pointing out that apparently at this point, he can only talk through his radio, like in previous incarnations of the character, most notably his live action movie counterpart. With Windblade getting no further answers out of bee, Thundercracker attacks and looks to over power Windblade till Bumblebee steps in...

Check out the clip below!

Tell us what you think of this below in the comments and stay tuned to Seibertron for more news and updates!
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1977999)
Posted by Moonshot on August 11th, 2018 @ 6:20pm CDT
Meh
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978000)
Posted by Skritz on August 11th, 2018 @ 6:29pm CDT
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978003)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 11th, 2018 @ 6:37pm CDT
Umm...

Uhh...

Hrmm...

Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978006)
Posted by DeathReviews on August 11th, 2018 @ 6:45pm CDT
Skritz wrote:This is not good...Not good at all. We're not getting a good TF cartoon again any time soon, huh? #-o

2.11 sums it up...
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978013)
Posted by Skritz on August 11th, 2018 @ 7:01pm CDT
I believe the internet word for this is 'cringe'.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978014)
Posted by Decepticon Stryker on August 11th, 2018 @ 7:02pm CDT
This fight reminds me of an MST3K riff:

Tom: "So why don't they use the ray gun?"

Joel: "Well because back then even the bad guys had a sense of fair play, Tom Servo."
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978016)
Posted by Deadput on August 11th, 2018 @ 7:18pm CDT
Just another typical Children's cartoon in this day and age.

Might as well wait for the afterlife or whatever for a chance to have a perfect Transformers show.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978018)
Posted by Sunstar on August 11th, 2018 @ 7:39pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:

2.11 sums it up...

giggling my brains out at "Screamed hams"

It looks light hearted.

I still, love TF Prime being dark and gritty. I really miss TFprime.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978019)
Posted by Lore Keeper on August 11th, 2018 @ 7:49pm CDT
I'm really hoping that Bee talking through his radio is temporary. The character model is so dynamic and expressive, it's an absolute waste to prevent him from speaking.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978020)
Posted by Nexus Knight on August 11th, 2018 @ 7:54pm CDT
Wow, I am slightly surprised by the negativity in the comments. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, but in mine, this looks promise. The hand on hand action is pretty good, albeit a bit choppy, and the voice acting is good as well. The animation is... well, it may grow on me. And the lack of using the ranged weaponry when it is obviously there... well, context is everything. But the story seems promising. Keeping my mind open.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978022)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 11th, 2018 @ 8:12pm CDT
its not bad i kind of find it fun to watch
however the retractable wings on thundercracker and wingblade bot modes, thats new :-?
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978025)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on August 11th, 2018 @ 8:32pm CDT
I was actually really entertained by Bee's radio talk and expressions to go with them. That was entertaining!

Thundercracker's grunts though, eh, let him talk! Give my favorite seeker some lines!
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978029)
Posted by Latebrus-K on August 11th, 2018 @ 8:44pm CDT
Sweet, a free app game with all my favorite characters! Can't wait to play as G1 Wreck-Gar, Ayy Lmao, and Steve the Vehicon! :-D

...

What do you mean 'this is an actual cartoon meant to market Transformers to a new generation of kids and carry on the legacies of animated, prime, etc.'?
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978031)
Posted by Black Bumblebee on August 11th, 2018 @ 9:01pm CDT
Yeah, that's Wreck-Gar, not Bumblebee. But, you know, I'm sort of resigned to that. The actual animation is rather vacant and bland, but I dig it's to save money. What bothers me, however, is the lack of Decepticon banter. There's no smack talk. No back and forth. Just Windblade (who is playing the straight bot part, so not really showing any personality) and Bumblebee. You can cheapen out on a lot of things, but if you cheapen out on dialogue... I have no interest.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978033)
Posted by #Sideways# on August 11th, 2018 @ 9:06pm CDT
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978036)
Posted by Sunstar on August 11th, 2018 @ 9:56pm CDT
I am actually really liking the retractable wings on the Seekers - reminds me of my cosplay this summer at TFcon in toronto. The more I see that, the more I like it.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978049)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on August 12th, 2018 @ 12:02am CDT
Whelp. so much for the hope I had for this. The curse of Bay's talkless Bumblebee continues and I'm just not feeling this animation style. How can the drawn art look so much better than what they're actually going with?
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978054)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 12th, 2018 @ 1:42am CDT
Okay, I think I will hate the characters, but I'm loving this new art style.
Re: Transformers Cyberverse to Air in Fall 2018 on Cartoon Network, plus Season 1 Clip (1978057)
Posted by BeastProwl on August 12th, 2018 @ 1:57am CDT
Okay.

So, this isnt the worst thing I've ever seen.

I appreciate the designs and the general aesthetic they're going for with the robots, and I like the sort of cell shaded CG visual mixture. It's done WAY better here than it was in Rid.

The combat and animation could use some time to develop but the choreography isnt terrible. I especially like the use of dynamic angles and the fact that you can actually see the hits connecting. There are a few flashy coverups for punches and kicks here, but for the most part it's just a fight animated between two giant killer robots.

I also like the little creative touches, like the retractable wings, as others have mentioned.

I like the expressive faces, although they weirdly kinda remind me of that old movie, Robots...not sure why.

Now, for the things I didn't like.

uuuugh...the dialogue. So, Windblade is the only character who really speaks. She's like a teacher or a mother scolding an annoying child, and that's because Bumblebee IS an annoying child here. I thought we were over the whole radio bit, but I guess not....And it's not even really convincing either. It's just Wreck-Gar but less funny. As for Windblade, her lines seem underdelivered, like she isnt trying. Almost like these were her first takes or something. She's just sort of a generic tough girl character, and considering they basically showed her getting her aft kicked, that's not saying a lot.

As for the seeker...no lines. Generic grunts, and that's it.
Also something to note, he had the perfect chance to kill Windblade but instead went after bumblebee. It would have been much more decepticon-like had he tried to take that chance to kill her whle she was down. They could have had Bumblebee save her somehow, making him show a bit of initiative instead of just being annoying and winning via perceived deus ex machina.

All in all im not exactly excited for this. I'll keep an eye on it in case it gets better, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. If children latch onto it, good for them, but all I personally see here is some potential that can very easily be squandered, and if I'm being completely honest, probably will be.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Legends Class Brawn" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
"The Real Ghostbusters"
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots 10, 2 Of Salvage, Chase, Boulder, Heatwave, & Hightide" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Mighty Muggs BUMBLEBEE, OPTIMUS PRIME, SOUNDWAVE, MEGATRON" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Arms Micron Vehicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots repair/part/incomplete lot AS IS Chase, Salvage etc" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron SHOCKWAVE MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Cybertronian Optimus Prime WFC FOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Mini Bot Lot-Fireplug, Boulder" on EBAY