Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns!

Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns!

Thursday, March 31st, 2011 2:12pm CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 55,282

Known to most people as Mr./Commander/Captain/Ambassador Spock from the Star Trek Franchise, Leonard Nimoy holds a special place in the hearts of many Transformers fans as the voice of Galvatron in Transformers: The Movie. Following Peter Cullen for Transformers and Revenge of the Fallen came G1 Megatron Frank Welker as Soundwave in Revenge of the Fallen. Now, another voice from the past will join the cast of Dark of the Moon. Entertainment Weekly is reporting that Leonard Nimoy will voice Sentinel Prime in the new movie.

Transformers filmmaker Michael Bay had toyed with the idea of inviting him to play a voice in the second movie, Revenge of the Fallen, but wasn’t sure he could pay the veteran actor enough. “I was too scared to ask him,” the director says. “Plus, he’s married to Susan Bay, who’s a cousin of mine. So I had to be careful. I’ve met him at family functions. But he told me, ‘I would be honored. I’m glad to be back!’”

See the full article here.

Credit(s): Supreme Convoy

Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203040)
Posted by AutobotTrainer on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:15pm CDT
Oh PLEASE let this be true!
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203041)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:16pm CDT
Let's hope there are no obligatory Mr. Spock lines written in to be 'funny'.

Nice to see that Bay did get him involved in the movie franchise afterall.

EDIT: And looking at Sentinel's picture, he reminds me of Nimoy. Perhaps the evil alternate universe Spock, but for some reason the face looks similar. The power of suggestion...
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203042)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:16pm CDT
Good news I guess, as long as he doesn't say "my bad" :roll:
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203043)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:18pm CDT
MINDVVIPE wrote:Oh, so THAAATS why Sentinel Prime looks like a dried up old bean in the face. :lol:
Good news I guess, as long as he doesn't say "my bad" :roll:

Ten bucks says he uses the words "logical" and "fascinating" at least once.
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203044)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:19pm CDT
RodimusConvoy13 wrote:
Good news I guess, as long as he doesn't say "my bad" :roll:

Ten bucks says he uses the words "logical" and "fascinating" at least once.

Hah, yea. I wouldn't wager against that. :roll:
*eyes fall out*
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203046)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:21pm CDT
I've totally forgot Nimoy was in the animated movie when I read the EW article earlier. :lol:

Nonetheless I'm stoked for the news! He should be great.
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203051)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:24pm CDT
This would be awesome, please let it be true!
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203053)
Posted by Red 50 on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:25pm CDT
From G1 Decepticon leader to Movieverse Ancient Autobot...

I GOTTA get tickets for the Movie's premiere!
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203054)
Posted by FanimusMaximus on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:26pm CDT
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203057)
Posted by AutobotMR2 on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:29pm CDT
FanimusMaximus wrote:Image

I get the feeling you aren't quite happy enough. :lol: But I digress. I'm stoked, but as always I reserve judgment until I see the movie.
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203062)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:34pm CDT
Wow. He pulled it off. Nimoy + TransFormers = Awesome.
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203067)
Posted by Red 50 on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:38pm CDT

Wait, so Nimoy is MB's relative?
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203077)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:47pm CDT
Red 50 wrote:

Wait, so Nimoy is MB's relative?

Long story short, yes. In-law.
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203081)
Posted by Crosshairs on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:57pm CDT
W00T!
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203082)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 31st, 2011 @ 2:58pm CDT
Still not going to see this movie
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203083)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on March 31st, 2011 @ 3:03pm CDT
YESSSS! Please have him say “Ceremony? Starscream this is bad comedy!”
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203084)
Posted by Heavy B on March 31st, 2011 @ 3:04pm CDT
OH MY GOD YES.
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203093)
Posted by Road-hole on March 31st, 2011 @ 3:11pm CDT
Perfect. I imagined him sounding somewhat like Sean Connery anyway.
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203094)
Posted by griftimus prime on March 31st, 2011 @ 3:13pm CDT
galvatron or no. what a slap in the face.
Re: Transformers Dark Of The Moon: Leonard Nimoy Returns! (1203095)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on March 31st, 2011 @ 3:14pm CDT
griftimus prime wrote:galvatron or no. what a slap in the face.

How do you mean?

Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Nightbeat" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "MOSC Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Bisk Lobster Crab Car MISB" on EBAY
Buy "WFC-E40 BATTLE SQUAD Transformers Earthrise Micromasters Direct-Hit Power Punch" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers SOUNDBLASTER Siege War for Cybertron MISB Walmart Exclusive Netflix" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Earthrise - Direct-Hit & Power Punch [WFC-E18]" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Powertrain & Highjump Siege War for Cybertron Micromaster 2018 MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Deluxe Class Cliffjumper (c)2011 TOMY  RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege Deluxe Bluestreak! War for Cybertron Walmart Exclusive Hasbro" on EBAY