Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave

Monday, October 5th, 2015 3:15am CDT

Categories: Game News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 33,708

The official Facebook page for Transformers Devastation have been counting down to the game's release, and added some more concept art as they went along! Mirrored below for your convenience are the Battlecharger drones, Shockwave and latest addition Soundwave in their sketch format. Are you ready for Devastation?

Transformers News: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave

Credit(s): Transformers: Devastation

Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731512)
Posted by BumbleDouche on October 5th, 2015 @ 6:00am CDT
Do my eyes deceive me? It appears the folks working on this game were privy to Masterpiece Shockwave before the rest of us!

*Edit* - Never mind... I just had a closer look at the animation model
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731514)
Posted by Coptur on October 5th, 2015 @ 6:41am CDT
They really need to remember Reflector and Buzzsaw more
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731517)
Posted by padfoo on October 5th, 2015 @ 8:00am CDT
Coptur wrote:They really need to remember Reflector and Buzzsaw more

So true I have been blowing the Reflector horn for so long now.
The character needs only a slight update. He needs to be a minion
Of Soundwave (he fits into the spy network perfectly) and he
needs to combine in vehicle and robot mode. Essentially he becomes
a 3 robot combiner, he would then be about as tall as Soundwave in this mode.

An update for alternate mode as a spy satellite would be perfect based on his tech specs.
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731523)
Posted by Coptur on October 5th, 2015 @ 8:33am CDT
I'm so glad there's another Reflector fan out there LOL.

I loved the TF Animated design for Reflector.

My personal preference for him is no Viewfinder, Spectro & Spyglass just Reflector with two hard light 'reflections' of himself (but that's me)

From a game perspective he'd be a great end level boss making the player fight through hordes of reflections until you get to the main bot(con) in the middle. As a side challenge he could be a survival mode doing the same thing just forever ha ha ha.

His basic design/reflections would've been great monoformer early level baddies..oh well :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731524)
Posted by Shuttershock on October 5th, 2015 @ 8:36am CDT
padfoo wrote:
Coptur wrote:They really need to remember Reflector and Buzzsaw more

So true I have been blowing the Reflector horn for so long now.
The character needs only a slight update. He needs to be a minion
Of Soundwave (he fits into the spy network perfectly) and he
needs to combine in vehicle and robot mode. Essentially he becomes
a 3 robot combiner, he would then be about as tall as Soundwave in this mode.

Exactly. Or you could have multiple members collectively referred to as the Reflector Corps., which turn into surveillance vans, news vans, UAV drones, news helicopters, etc.
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731573)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 5th, 2015 @ 12:04pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
Shadowman wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:At this time in 24 hours, I'll be waiting in line at my local Gamestop to pick up the game. I may just bring my Combiner Wars Optimus figure to wait in line with me. I can't wait.

You know, there was something I was going to say, but I think it'd be funnier if you go and find out for yourself.

Oh, I know. I'm literally planning on waiting all night until the store opens in the morning. I've even scoped out the spot, and I know where I'm going to be sitting, sleeping, and everything. I'll even vlog my journey of waiting at the door for 10 hours, just so I'll be the first in line. I've never done it before, and I don't have anything better to do.

It'll be cute when you get picked up for loitering. Also, that you think there's going to be a line for this game.

They won't care at 12 in the morning when there's no one there for me to bother. And even if there is no line, at least I'll be able to exercise my loyalty to the Transformers brand.

I am smirking right now. This is too great!! :lol: :lol: :BOT:

Don't I know it! There's so many ways this can end for him, and all of them make me laugh.

I was really laughing because of the conversation, not because of his situation. To me that is great! :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731610)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 5th, 2015 @ 1:23pm CDT
You can use Megatron's shotgun from DOTM. I hope there are more movie weapons in the game. That would be great.
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731710)
Posted by talisac on October 5th, 2015 @ 4:25pm CDT
I played this game all night last night. I had low expectations for it but I can't believe how much fun I had. I was going to stop to watch walking dead and decided to play challenge mode. Fight the constructicons!!! Played as wheeljack. It was so hard! And finally beat all 6 and of course here comes devastator with full health. There's a rpg side to the weapons and skill bonuses to make your character better so probably easier down the road, I had just beat chapter 1. Played on the 360 looks really good for a 360 game compared to next gen. Is it a buy idk... at full price idk.. but definitely worth getting at some point
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731760)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 5th, 2015 @ 7:58pm CDT

Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731765)
Posted by padfoo on October 5th, 2015 @ 8:16pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:I just uploaded a fanmade trailer to my You Tube page, but Platinum just uploaded an official one. Yay. Probably the last real new trailer for the game. Forever.

That looked amazing, Megs in the back of Longhaul, doing something with his cannon other than clubbing another bot or missing a shot...... Tank Megatron needs to be the next masterpiece Megatron figure!
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731769)
Posted by padfoo on October 5th, 2015 @ 8:37pm CDT
Shuttershock wrote:
padfoo wrote:
Coptur wrote:They really need to remember Reflector and Buzzsaw more

So true I have been blowing the Reflector horn for so long now.
The character needs only a slight update. He needs to be a minion
Of Soundwave (he fits into the spy network perfectly) and he
needs to combine in vehicle and robot mode. Essentially he becomes
a 3 robot combiner, he would then be about as tall as Soundwave in this mode.

Heck yeah, Reflector fans unite! :D
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731779)
Posted by It Is Him on October 5th, 2015 @ 9:10pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731780)
Posted by Shadowman on October 5th, 2015 @ 9:11pm CDT
talisac wrote:I played this game all night last night.

A full day before it came out. Sure.
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731785)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 5th, 2015 @ 9:28pm CDT
It Is Him wrote:Now do I stop reading this thread to avoid spoilers, or do I risk it to continue reading the Shadowman versus SlyTF1 pillow fight? This is a tough call.

Keep reading. The pillow fight is pretty funny. funny as hell even. I'm with Slytf1's side here. we got some general enthusiasm and it's cool to see people use that enthusiasm. Plus it's funny (did I say that already?) :-D :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731786)
Posted by SlyTF1 on October 5th, 2015 @ 9:29pm CDT
Shadowman wrote:
talisac wrote:I played this game all night last night.

A full day before it came out. Sure.

There are plenty of people who have already uploaded entire playthroughs on You Tube. It isn't that far fetched.
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731794)
Posted by It Is Him on October 5th, 2015 @ 10:00pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

I think most of us are with Sly in our enthusiasm for this game. It's Platinum + Transformers. There's no way it's not going to be bananas, which is exactly why I don't want it ruined for me either. I can't get mad seeing spoilers in a thread about a video game once it's out. But then again, you are totally on the nose about their arguments.
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731835)
Posted by -Soundwave- on October 6th, 2015 @ 1:19am CDT
I'm so disappointed. It comes out tomorrow, and it's not my payday. Medical leave is a kick in the butt.

I like the way it looks I really do. I'll save how I feel about it after I have a few hours of game play down.
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731847)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on October 6th, 2015 @ 2:31am CDT
I wonder how Sly's loite...er, "waiting in line" is going. Did he bring snacks? A chair? Maybe he's in county jail already?
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731859)
Posted by Insidious on October 6th, 2015 @ 5:34am CDT
I've just played a little so far, but it's a batch of nostalgic awesomeness for me. I would have sunk a thousand quarters into this game as a kid. :-D :lol:

I just don't get why it's not co-op.

Beyond that, it's fun. ;)^
Re: Transformers: Devastation Concept Art - Battlechargers, Shockwave, Soundwave (1731890)
Posted by Va'al on October 6th, 2015 @ 9:50am CDT
The day has come, fellow Seibertronians of the gaming persuasion, for Transformers: Devastation to burst into your consoles and devices and take up time, money and effort after months of previews and teasers! Check out below the Activision press release for the game, along with a brand new trailer!

ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC. LAUNCHES PLATINUMGAMES’ EARTH-SHATTERING ACTION-BRAWLER: TRANSFORMERS: DEVASTATION

SANTA MONICA, Calif. – Oct. 6, 2015 – Activision Publishing, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), today released TRANSFORMERS: Devastation. This new third-person action-brawler rolls into battle with Hasbro’s classic Generations designs and developer PlatinumGames’ renowned flair for slick visuals and free-flowing, high-speed combat.

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation moves at a breakneck pace: rocket through danger in vehicle mode before bursting into robot mode to unleash a barrage of close-quarters combos and blaster fire. Tackle the game’s gripping single-player campaign and 50 highly challenging bonus missions with any of five playable heroes – OPTIMUS PRIME, BUMBLEBEE, SIDESWIPE, WHEELJACK and GRIMLOCK. Each of these characters can be evolved with new abilities, unique talents and more than 150 upgradeable weapons.

Brought to life with bold, cel-shaded artwork, TRANSFORMERS: Devastation features legendary TRANSFORMERS voice actors like Dan Gilvezan as BUMBLEBEE, Frank Welker as MEGATRON and SOUNDWAVE, Michael Bell as SIDESWIPE, Gregg Berger as GRIMLOCK, and Peter Cullen as OPTIMUS PRIME. As the fates of Earth and Cybertron collide, the noble AUTOBOTS must face off against the DECEPTICONS’ most ruthless champions in an original adventure from veteran TRANSFORMERS writer Andy Schmidt that expands the series’ ongoing Combiner Wars story arc.

TRANSFORMERS: Devastation is now available for MSRP $49.99 on the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and Windows PC via Steam. It is rated T (Teen) by the ESRB. For more information, please visit www.TransformersGame.com and www.facebook.com/TransformersGame.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision Publishing, Inc. is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment. Activision maintains operations throughout the world. More information about Activision and its products can be found on the company's website, www.activision.com, or by following @Activision.

About PlatinumGames Inc.

PlatinumGames Inc. is an independent entertainment developer based in Osaka, Japan, dedicated to making high-quality, next-generation games for a variety of hardware platforms. Under the slogan “Taking on the World as the Representative of Japan,” PlatinumGames works hard to deliver fresh surprises and new experiences to gamers all over the world. Official website: www.platinumgames.com.

About Hasbro, Inc.

Hasbro (NASDAQ: HAS) is a global company committed to Creating the World’s Best Play Experiences, by leveraging its beloved brands, including LITTLEST PET SHOP, MAGIC: THE GATHERING, MONOPOLY, MY LITTLE PONY, NERF, PLAY-DOH, TRANSFORMERS, and premier partner brands. From toys and games, television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive lifestyle licensing program, Hasbro fulfills the fundamental need for play and connection for children and families around the world. The Company’s Hasbro Studios creates entertainment brand-driven storytelling across mediums, including television, film and more. Through the company's commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. Learn more at www.hasbro.com and follow us on Twitter (@Hasbro & @HasbroNews).

©2015 Activision Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. "PlayStation" and "PS3" are registered trademarks. "PS4" is a trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.

Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #271 - Meh-pisode
"Meh-pisode"
Posted: Friday, March 5th, 2021

Buy "New Authentic Transformers Combiner Wars Defensor Lot of 7. Protectobots MISB." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars: Scattershot" on EBAY
Buy "Brand New Transformers Bot Shots Battle Game Series 1 Mirage L@@K!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro Combiner Wars Legends Rodimus loose" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the primes POTP Leader Rodimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Headmaster Rodimus Prime diecast head" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Hasbro RID Deluxe Cliffjumper" on EBAY
Buy "*READ** Transformers Netflix Edition WFC Earthrise Optimus & Siege Nemesis Prime" on EBAY