Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC

Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC

Thursday, October 13th, 2011 5:35pm CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 76,542

The highly anticipated Transformers Dark of the Moon Deluxes Soundwave and Wheeljack are on display at NYCC. Hasbro presented the figures during a slide show at SDCC, but now the actual figures are on display for the world to see. The figures are part of DOTM Deluxe wave 6, which is scheduled to hit shelves in December. Our fellow Transformers enthusiasts over on TFW2005 have posted images of the figures on display, click here to view their post and see the figures in vehicle mode.

Credit(s): TFW2005

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300021)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on October 13th, 2011 @ 5:46pm CDT
I'm loving all the new TF Prime stuff coming out. I only hope and pray that this is not going to be repeat of the TFA debacle, where many of us fell in love with the show and it's accompanying toys, only to have the rug pulled out from under us before it's time. (I know that there are those here that see that as a good thing, but I speak only for those of us who DID like TFA).

It would be a shame to invest so much in a series that just gets put down in it's prime.

Oops, looks like I just created a pun! 8-}
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300022)
Posted by Captziltoid on October 13th, 2011 @ 5:46pm CDT
ok what is up with soundwaves right arm. and as for wheeljack. meh
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300025)
Posted by El Duque on October 13th, 2011 @ 5:52pm CDT
Captziltoid wrote:ok what is up with soundwaves right arm. and as for wheeljack. meh

He's holding his MechTech weapon.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300026)
Posted by DavidT on October 13th, 2011 @ 5:53pm CDT
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300027)
Posted by Captziltoid on October 13th, 2011 @ 5:55pm CDT
El Duque wrote:

He's holding his MechTech weapon.

oh. still looks weird
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300028)
Posted by prowl123 on October 13th, 2011 @ 6:01pm CDT
Not liking either of there. Soundwave's head looks too big, and Wheeljack/Que's just...
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300029)
Posted by El Duque on October 13th, 2011 @ 6:01pm CDT
Captziltoid wrote:oh. still looks weird

Yeah, it threw me off for a second too.

DavidT wrote:That's not Wheeljack! That's Que!.... Wheeljack comes out later with a different head sculpt!

True, but the place card has him labeled as WJ.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300030)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on October 13th, 2011 @ 6:08pm CDT
both look like crap, soundwave has to much kibble the mold itself is just bad but the head is the worst part & wheeljack/que looks like he'll break as soon as you touch it and just looks uninspired. It feels like hasbro is just rushing DOTM stuff out instead of sitting down for a while & trying to make it good. Still say DOTM is the worst line in TF history both concept & quality wise.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300033)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on October 13th, 2011 @ 6:25pm CDT
ok i never liked soundwave being a silver car to begin with, and now his figure has the whole roof and hood on his back, with no effort to hide any of it. que, looks ok and i actually dig that he's rockin the clip system, probably still wont get him. the Prime figures are what im looking forward to, i may just stick to the basics though, i dont exactly have any disply room left anymore :(
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300036)
Posted by Optimus1138 on October 13th, 2011 @ 6:45pm CDT
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300039)
Posted by TimothyR on October 13th, 2011 @ 6:51pm CDT
Optimus1138 wrote:Wheeljack looks pretty good. I like his weapon. Assuming it has the right kind of peg, I might give it to my Voyager Ratchet. As for Soundwave, he looks great in vehicle mode, and he'd probably look good in robot mode if he were transformed correctly, but why does he have no silver paint? He'd be far better with silver paint! I honestly wouldn't mind if Hasbro got rid of all his other paint apps just so he could be all silver in vehicle mode. I suppose I'll have to use my silver Sharpie on him, which I don't want to do. The thing I hate most by far about the DOTM line is the all around crappy, minimal paint jobs.

how 'bout this.. instead of getting rid of his other paint apps.. WHY DON'T WE GET RID OF ALL OF THE SHITTY BUMBLEBEE REPAINTS and give soundwave a silver paint job lol. i bet that would make sense to mostly everyone else in the world except for hasbro apparently.

and i agree que looks great. i really like that color blue. it seems nice and rich.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300049)
Posted by scypris115 on October 13th, 2011 @ 7:12pm CDT
all hail WHEELJACK!!! I AM SO GETTING HIM x3!!! :D
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300053)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on October 13th, 2011 @ 7:23pm CDT
Um hmm Que looks much better now. Uhm (oh dear) It looks like My Maxwell's Silver Hammer Custom may now be H.A Soundwave not deluxe Soundwave. What do you who customize think?
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300055)
Posted by Random on October 13th, 2011 @ 7:29pm CDT
This explains why I couldn't find any info on a "Q" character. Actually have been looking forward to this figure...both of them now.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300056)
Posted by GetRightRobot on October 13th, 2011 @ 7:34pm CDT
I love that SOUNDWAVE! Absolutely picking this up! This is one DOTM I want repaints of, come on blue and gold G1 and Soundblaster!
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300068)
Posted by JRFitzpatrick7 on October 13th, 2011 @ 7:59pm CDT
deluxe soundwave, in this picture at least, reminds me of TFA Blurr.

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300072)
Posted by Nekoman on October 13th, 2011 @ 8:18pm CDT
Shouldn't Soundwave look a little more squaty? The toy's all lanky and really doesn't look like what I saw in the movie.

Wheeljack looks like a very good toy, very accurate, though for once his characterization would bother me when buying him. He didn't do crap in the movie.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300109)
Posted by ubersoundwave on October 13th, 2011 @ 9:49pm CDT
I know this is totally off topic, but is there any news about that one unlicensed third party masterpiece soundwave? It looked cool.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300118)
Posted by jaws on October 13th, 2011 @ 10:46pm CDT
I am blown away as to how close these 2 match their CGI counterparts. Soundwave is purely evil especially with that silver head and cannon. Que kicks ass, hopefully that olive green weaponry changes color between now and release date. I'll probably see these 'bout February, I just found the wave with Cyberfire BB yesterday.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxe Soundwave and Wheeljack on Display at NYCC (1300128)
Posted by Rated X on October 13th, 2011 @ 11:05pm CDT
I like Soundwave. Ill buy Wheeljack just to complete the movie lineup, but Bay really hit the ball to far out in the left field with "Que".

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Titans Return Legends Class Seaspray" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WFC E24 SKYLYNX E11 OPTIMUS PRIME" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire & Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Timelines Collectors Club TFCC Runabout and Runamuck" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Cliffjumer MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Windblade & Scorchfire Complete with weapons." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition RID Starscream Deluxe Class Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-37 LG37 JAGUAR RAVAGE Legends Titans return" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Grax & Skullsmasher New Damaged Package" on EBAY