Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype

Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype

Sunday, March 6th, 2011 11:18am CST

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 59,384

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The infamous b-o-t of ACToys has posted several new images of figures from the upcoming Transformers DOTM line. We get in package shots of Deluxes: Bumblebee, Roadbuster, Crankcase, and Ratchet. We also get an out of package image of Leader Ironhide with "not for sale" stamped on his side, and what appears to be a prototype Leader Sentinel Prime. Check out the mirrored images below!

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Credit(s): b-o-t of ACToys


This article was last modified on Sunday, March 6th, 2011 12:02pm CST

News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1190986)
Posted by Valandar on March 6th, 2011 @ 11:27am CST
I dunno... looking at the size of those pins, that Sentinel Prime proto seems a bit smaller than Leader class to me. Like, maybe Voyager class.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1190989)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on March 6th, 2011 @ 11:31am CST
Is Ironhide hauling around a pack of chinese smokes? Great message for little chinese children everywhere.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1190990)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 6th, 2011 @ 11:34am CST
All size classes have been shrunk for the DotM line, supposedly so that they can allow for the large weapons. The only thing that hasn't shrunk is the price. You'll still get dinged Leader Class prices for just barely over a Voyager Class toy.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191001)
Posted by El Duque on March 6th, 2011 @ 11:54am CST
Image

Image

Image

Image

I'm pretty sure it's the Leader class.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191003)
Posted by chrisc4 on March 6th, 2011 @ 11:57am CST
i gotta say, i really like the packaging art for the dotm line
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191006)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on March 6th, 2011 @ 12:00pm CST
I like Roadbuster.. He may be one of the only ones I pick up from this line.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191018)
Posted by Primeultimus on March 6th, 2011 @ 12:44pm CST
Those look like a baby puked and shat on them. What is with the color schemes and the head design?

I swear the Movie figures look like poop!
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191030)
Posted by Mykltron on March 6th, 2011 @ 1:23pm CST
That Ratchet is looking good!
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191035)
Posted by Astronopolis on March 6th, 2011 @ 1:42pm CST
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Is Ironhide hauling around a pack of chinese smokes? Great message for little chinese children everywhere.

i would agree if little chinese kids were really privy to images like these. for all we know it was taken so (smoking?) adult nerds can wank off to how in (or out-of)-scale ironhide is to the rest of his-her collection ;)

Primeultimus wrote:Those look like a baby puked and shat on them. What is with the color schemes and the head design?

I swear the Movie figures look like poop!


i cant beleive im saying this, as i hated the movie aesthetic from the get-go, but really? the designs have become much more refined over the years, and while i wont defend the mech-tech weapon gimmicks, i think the re(re-re-re-re in bumblebees case)-iterations of the first movie characters are pretty good.

not that im drooling over them, i still dont think theyre my cup of tea and wont buy except for the large HA and select leaders,(lookin at you Ironhide!) the movie was a huge milestone in the transformers brand IMHO so i wont ignore it.

if you notice, theyre taking on a more blocky appearance with the toys, and i think this is good for two reasons:

1. somebody correct me if im wrong, but hasbro reps thought the ROTF toyline was too complicated for kids, and so theyve made them a bit simpler this go-round. i think this is a step toward more classics-style toys

2. with the movie trilogy complete, all you have to sit through is just one more movie toy blitz, excellent conditions for fat wallet syndrome. more money for when CHUGRtS starts up again in full force!
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191038)
Posted by El Duque on March 6th, 2011 @ 1:51pm CST
I think these are looking better all the time. When the first leaked images started to trickle in I was completely underwhelmed, and really thinking this would be the first line in a long time I skipped out on. Now though, I'm totally in. I can't wait to get the Wreckers, Shockwave, and Sentinel Prime. Heck, even Crackcase is starting to look good.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191042)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 6th, 2011 @ 2:05pm CST
Wasn't Crankcase's name supposed to be Dreadbox? Or did Bay name him Crankcase, but nicknamed him Dreadbox? Or is he actually not Dreadbox? Or am I actually making this up? :???: :BOOM: Are you confused yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191046)
Posted by El Duque on March 6th, 2011 @ 2:15pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:Wasn't Crankcase's name supposed to be Dreadbox? Or did Bay name him Crankcase, but nicknamed him Dreadbox? Or is he actually not Dreadbox? Or am I actually making this up? :???: :BOOM: Are you confused yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:


I believe Crankcase took on the nickname "Dreads" because of his dreadlock like head tentacles. I don't think there was ever any intention of that actually being his name. The name Dreadbox is now being associated with the Ferrari.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191047)
Posted by xtsaur on March 6th, 2011 @ 2:16pm CST
Michael Bay was quoting as saying the Ferrari was a Decepticon named Dreadbox... not the Insecticon like Crankcase. However, I believe this is misinformation given by him to throw us off. :P
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191051)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 6th, 2011 @ 2:32pm CST
El Duque wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Wasn't Crankcase's name supposed to be Dreadbox? Or did Bay name him Crankcase, but nicknamed him Dreadbox? Or is he actually not Dreadbox? Or am I actually making this up? :???: :BOOM: Are you confused yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:


I believe Crankcase took on the nickname "Dreads" because of his dreadlock like head tentacles. I don't think there was ever any intention of that actually being his name. The name Dreadbox is now being associated with the Ferrari.


Oh, right. Forgot, it was the Ferrari, not the Suburban. My bad. :lol: Also, other than Roadbuster, what were the names of the other two Wreckers? :???:
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191067)
Posted by El Duque on March 6th, 2011 @ 3:35pm CST
Mindmaster wrote:
El Duque wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Wasn't Crankcase's name supposed to be Dreadbox? Or did Bay name him Crankcase, but nicknamed him Dreadbox? Or is he actually not Dreadbox? Or am I actually making this up? :???: :BOOM: Are you confused yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:


I believe Crankcase took on the nickname "Dreads" because of his dreadlock like head tentacles. I don't think there was ever any intention of that actually being his name. The name Dreadbox is now being associated with the Ferrari.


Oh, right. Forgot, it was the Ferrari, not the Suburban. My bad. :lol: Also, other than Roadbuster, what were the names of the other two Wreckers? :???:


The Lowes car is Topspin and the Target car is Leadfoot.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191072)
Posted by Mindmaster on March 6th, 2011 @ 3:56pm CST
El Duque wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
El Duque wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Wasn't Crankcase's name supposed to be Dreadbox? Or did Bay name him Crankcase, but nicknamed him Dreadbox? Or is he actually not Dreadbox? Or am I actually making this up? :???: :BOOM: Are you confused yet? :lol: :lol: :lol:


I believe Crankcase took on the nickname "Dreads" because of his dreadlock like head tentacles. I don't think there was ever any intention of that actually being his name. The name Dreadbox is now being associated with the Ferrari.


Oh, right. Forgot, it was the Ferrari, not the Suburban. My bad. :lol: Also, other than Roadbuster, what were the names of the other two Wreckers? :???:


The Lowes car is Topspin and the Target car is Leadfoot.

Thanks! ;)
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191081)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 6th, 2011 @ 4:15pm CST
The packaging is much better than the first two movies in my opinion. I'm really liking the new deluxe Ratchet. Roadbuster and Bee don't look bad either.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191106)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on March 6th, 2011 @ 5:31pm CST
Sentinel Prime looks good, as do the NASCARS. Will have to take a close look at Bee's bot mode.

Ironhide looks promising. He'll be great for [reasonably] in-scale display with HA Bee and Jazz. Wish I had a pack of Chinese smokes to gauge his size.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191155)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on March 6th, 2011 @ 8:30pm CST
ok crankcase is a predator ripoff, paint it like one and i might be inclined to get it but as of now probably not til its on sale for like 5 or 7 bucks so i can paint it myself, at 13 no way.
Re: Transformers DOTM Deluxes in Package, Leader Ironhide, & Leader Sentinel Prime Prototype (1191174)
Posted by Rated X on March 6th, 2011 @ 9:41pm CST
Why does Crankcase resemble Predator ??? Not just the dreads but his whole damn jaw is a straight up bite off of Predator. That is so wack.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Legends Class Roadtrap" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Deluxe Class Autobot Novastar" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warriors Class Autobot Jazz Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
Twincast / Podcast #267:
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

New Items on eBay

Buy "Takara tomy Trans Formers Transformers Prime First Edition Vehicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UNIVERSE RED ALERT & BRAWN, Universe Legends 2008" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot NEW" on EBAY