Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay

Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay

Tuesday, May 29th, 2012 8:42am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 101,791

Remember late last year when we were all wondering when that Target Exclusive two-pack featuring the screen accurate Deluxe Leadfoot was going to show up at retail? Toy Fair 2012 rolled around, and to the disappointment of many we found out the remaining unreleased DOTM figures had been cancelled. Thanks to eBay we finally get a look at the Autobot Team Racers set featuring Autobot Topspin and Leadfoot in-package complete with it's Target exclusive sticker. When this set was initially announced at BotCon 2011 we were told the figures would be Twin Twist and Leadfoot, but as you can see it ended up being Topspin.

Check out what could have been in the images mirrored below.

Credit(s): eBay

This article was last modified on Tuesday, May 29th, 2012 9:19am CDT

Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384858)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 29th, 2012 @ 8:45am CDT
Why, Hasbro? O wait... Why, Target, WHY?! :sad:
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384869)
Posted by mattwhite924 on May 29th, 2012 @ 9:07am CDT
Considering my local Target has the DotM Deluxes priced at $30 right now, I'm a bit scared what they would price this at.
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384870)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 29th, 2012 @ 9:08am CDT
So wasteful.

So stupid.
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384871)
Posted by It Is Him on May 29th, 2012 @ 9:13am CDT
Wait. Could this still happen?

I have to wonder why this is showing up now.
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384874)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 29th, 2012 @ 9:19am CDT
El Duque wrote:Remember late last year when we were all wondering when that Target Exclusive two-pack featuring the screen accurate Deluxe Leadfoot was going to show up at retail? Toy Fair 2012 rolled around, and to the disappointment of many we found out the remaining unreleased DOTM figures had been cancelled.

Still, leftovers can be sold off...
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384875)
Posted by Fox Thiagarajan on May 29th, 2012 @ 9:36am CDT
This is wishful thinking of course, but it would be more than great if Hasbro opened up a retail outlet so that people had a chance to purchase the toys which were not picked up by the main retailers.
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384899)
Posted by triKlops on May 29th, 2012 @ 11:11am CDT
regardless of the fact that it was packed with Topspin and not Twin Twist, I think Target really missed out on something good here to complete the wrecker trio
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384902)
Posted by It Is Him on May 29th, 2012 @ 11:24am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Still, leftovers can be sold off...

And that's if they were ever produced in the first placed.
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384911)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 29th, 2012 @ 11:57am CDT
triKlops wrote:this absolutely breaks my heart that we never got this release as it was the one DotM release i was truly looking forward to

Me thinks "Twin Twist" was actually a misnomer for Autobot Armor Topspin, who was believed to come with Leadfoot in that set.
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384950)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on May 29th, 2012 @ 2:43pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

The guys from Hasbro not only said Twin Twist in the presentation, it was printed on the slide that announced it.

They even had a picture, looking like a slightly different Topspin.
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384964)
Posted by Mkall on May 29th, 2012 @ 3:37pm CDT
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384968)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 29th, 2012 @ 3:59pm CDT
Mkall wrote:I'm being skeptical, but I'm betting the seller has at least a box full of these and will sell them slowly over the coming months.

Well, for $300 he can keep them. That's all I'm gonna say.
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384969)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 29th, 2012 @ 4:01pm CDT

And I'm sure he'll make a nice profit off of it. These come in cases of 2-4. If the rest sell at the same price as this one, he'll make $600-1,200.00 off of this for little to no investment.

He'd be an idiot not to sell them.
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384977)
Posted by Seibertron on May 29th, 2012 @ 4:15pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:

He'd be an idiot not to sell them.

Agreed. If people really just want Leadfoot, they can buy the Takara version for $60 to $100.

I have a feeling that these could be coming out though. Seems odd that this would come out of Massachusetts first and not Asia if it was an unreleased prototype or a test sample. That's not what I would consider normal. If it is coming from an American seller, I can't help but wonder if cases of these are showing up at stores now. Could be a possibility!
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1384993)
Posted by It Is Him on May 29th, 2012 @ 4:44pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:

He'd be an idiot not to sell them.

A TFW user claims to have e-mailed the seller, and says the seller was an ex-employee, and that this is a packaged sample. If this is true, I am crushed.
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1385000)
Posted by LiKwid on May 29th, 2012 @ 4:59pm CDT
Hmmm... Not sure how I feel about this one. I mean i'd like to complete thw wreckers too but man, thats alot of coin for movie figures..The fact that some of these could come out in the states does make it intruiging..
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1385017)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on May 29th, 2012 @ 6:02pm CDT
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1385032)
Posted by Seibertron on May 29th, 2012 @ 6:42pm CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:It wouldn't surprise me in the least if these started showing up at TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Ross.

I bet the Leadfoot mold shows up at some point here in the US. Might be a year from now. Might be five years from now. Just seems like it's very rare that the US doesn't get a mold eventually, in some form or another.
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1385068)
Posted by RAcast on May 29th, 2012 @ 9:18pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Agreed, if the mold exists, logically, Hasbro will want to make a profit off of it. There's already precedent for Movie figures outside of the movie lines (ex: Cyberverse Black Soundwave and Evac), so it will certainly happen eventually. I'd wager by the time TF4 rolls around we'll (FINALLY) see the Deluxe Soundwave and WJ/Que molds.
Re: Transformers DOTM Target Exclusive Autobot Team Racers Surface on eBay (1385095)
Posted by Screamfleet on May 29th, 2012 @ 10:53pm CDT
Good thing it's just topspin. If it came with a armored/weaponed Roadbuster that would have hurt.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #287 - Pulse Con 2021
"Pulse Con 2021"
Posted: Monday, October 25th, 2021

Buy "transformers botbots series 4 disaster master" on EBAY
Buy "New Megatron AND HotLink Transformers War Cybertron Figure Netflix Trilogy" on EBAY
Buy "????Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron-LaserBeak Blast Soundwave" on EBAY
Buy "Vintage G2 Transformers Action Figure Road Pig" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS Dark Of The Moon 2019 Limited Edition RSD brown vinyl LP NEW/SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Calendar Dreamwave 2003 2005 Calendar Pat Lee Don Figueroa RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bot Shots Action Figures - Powerglide - Leadfoot - Sentinel Prime" on EBAY
Buy "NEW TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBEATRON WFC-05 SCRAPFACE from Japan" on EBAY