Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview

Transformers News: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview

Tuesday, September 21st, 2010 9:14AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Comic Book News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 39,773

Drift's life changing experience continues this week, as you'll find Transformers: Drift #2 at your local comic store this Wednesday, September 22. Drift's now in the company of some Transformers lookalikes. What will they lead him to? We'd like to thank IDW for sending us a Preview, which we've extracted for you below! Check out the covers, description and everything to get your riled up Drift #2!

What is the secret behind DRIFT’s startling rescuers? How is it they came to be on the isolated, desert planet and what does this have to do with DRIFT’s future? As DRIFT uncovers answers, he’s suddenly faced with a decision that could alter his life forever!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): IDW
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1127094)
Posted by partholon on September 21st, 2010 @ 10:18am CDT
i really REALLY like where this is going.

the ideological side of the war is ripe for stories and near on never has been touched.

combined with the gorgeous art and youve got a customer in me !

Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1127117)
Posted by sabrigami on September 21st, 2010 @ 11:25am CDT
partholon wrote:i really REALLY like where this is going.

combined with the gorgeous art and youve got a customer in me !

I agree. It seems like they are really biting into the story now. I also like how Drift is still a total jerk. It will be interesting to see what actually gets him to change his mind about being a con. Also, is that Megatron on the second cover?
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1127134)
Posted by Sky-Quake on September 21st, 2010 @ 12:14pm CDT
I'm definately picking these comics up and after reading this I really want a toy of Deadlock maybe fansproject could make an add on for generations Drift
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1127135)
Posted by orion prime on September 21st, 2010 @ 12:15pm CDT
This whole Third Faction scenario smell of the G1 cartoon episode "Fight or Flee" and Paradron with a little Planet Master from The Headmasters cartoon mixed in. I love G1 so it is no big deal but you can see similarities from the preview.
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1127284)
Posted by Bobton03 on September 21st, 2010 @ 4:04pm CDT
This looks very promising -- I am going to pick it up on Saturday.

- Bob
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1127374)
Posted by Blurrz on September 21st, 2010 @ 8:00pm CDT
LOL. Hot Shot gets killed..
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1127386)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on September 21st, 2010 @ 8:27pm CDT
*sigh*

Someone wanna remind me why this guy's getting a Mini?
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1127775)
Posted by Stormer on September 22nd, 2010 @ 7:26pm CDT
So far, so good! It's keeping me interested! I like it!
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1128492)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 24th, 2010 @ 1:12pm CDT
This series has barely got me. The circle of light bots, especially WING and DRIFT, look too similar. They each carry some blade in the middle of their back? Way to be peaceful!
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1128497)
Posted by Sky-Quake on September 24th, 2010 @ 1:18pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:LOL. Hot Shot gets killed..

how I don't care about spoilers
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1128819)
Posted by Blurrz on September 25th, 2010 @ 2:09pm CDT
Sky-Quake wrote:
Blurrz wrote:LOL. Hot Shot gets killed..

how I don't care about spoilers

[color=teal]
Spoilers? His death is in the freaking preview buddy. Port Alberni Pulp Mill fumes getting into your head? [/color]
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1128915)
Posted by Stormer on September 25th, 2010 @ 9:08pm CDT
...and Drift isn't wearing the Decepticon badge by the end of the story.
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1129225)
Posted by Bobton03 on September 26th, 2010 @ 8:12pm CDT
I just read Drift #2 and I have to say that the series is really growing on me. The first issue of the mini-series seemed to be a little of a stutter-step, but #2 - in my opinion - has corrected this with the introduction of substantial plot and dialogue.

From the issue I do have one question: What is the story with Dai Atlas? I have seen his name appear on occasion on this website, but beyond that, he is an unknown quantity to me. The TF Wiki has a page devoted to him, but it seems that IDW might be recasting his character...

- Bob
Re: Transformers: Drift #2 - Five-Page Preview (1130108)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 29th, 2010 @ 7:04pm CDT
Indeed, IDW is creating some of their own stuff from characters with less background than others.
Transformers products from AMAZON