Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview

Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview

Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 10:14pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 33,270

From Deadlock to Drift, we've watched the turncoat through three issues so far, and his spark-alternating adventure ends in Transformers: Drift #4. Courtesy of IDW Publishing, we've got a five-page preview uploaded to Issuu. Check out the description, the cover, and the preview at Issuu or embed below. Drift #4 is available at your local comic store today!

The time for conflict has arrived! But can Drift possibly hope to survive the coming onslaught? Old fears are put aside and new bonds are forged as Drift and the Knights prepare to make their final stand!

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the latest Transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): IDW Publishing

This article was last modified on Wednesday, October 20th, 2010 10:15pm CDT

Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1138076)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 20th, 2010 @ 11:04pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1138082)
Posted by Blurrz on October 20th, 2010 @ 11:15pm CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:Has the Trade been solicited yet? And is the Last Stand of the Wreckers trade out yet? I have a feeling I missed it if it is...

LSOTW Trade was released in September. Ironhide's trade is in December for some odd reason, so it's likely Drift's will be in January/February.
Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1138129)
Posted by GEEWUN on October 21st, 2010 @ 5:23am CDT
It looks too much like Gundam and Robotech...
Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1138143)
Posted by Sodan-1 on October 21st, 2010 @ 6:16am CDT
NuclearConvoy wrote:And is the Last Stand of the Wreckers trade out yet? I have a feeling I missed it if it is...

I'm in the UK, and I've had the Last Stand trade paperback pre-ordered with play.com since August. The release date came and went and there was no word of it being shipped to me. It's STILL listed as a pre-order. So I ordered it from Amazon as well. Just yesterday, three weeks later, I get an email from them saying it's taking longer to get stock from the supplier.

So here I am. Still waiting. Could get it off ebay, but with postage it'd be three times as much.
Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1138178)
Posted by It Is Him on October 21st, 2010 @ 8:24am CDT
Shane McCarthy's pastiche of cheesy kung-fu "wise-mentor" archetypes for Wing had me hating his character the entire time. The bigger crime: All the fun the series promised was spoiled by a predictable plotline. Who couldn't have phoned in that ending after issue #2? Thankfully, this series is a noticeable improvement over the first AHM TPB (I haven't read the others), but the story seems a little contrived compared to the complexity of Mike Costa's ongoing arcs, the excitement of Furman's 'tion" series and sheer fun of Roche's Wreckers.

Not recommended.
Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1138255)
Posted by Sky-Quake on October 21st, 2010 @ 10:45am CDT
these previews are making it hard to wait for the trade paperback
Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1138258)
Posted by Sagitta on October 21st, 2010 @ 10:52am CDT
Oh, bah to all the naysayers. I really like the Drift mini-series. Of course, Drift is a favorite character of mine anyway. So I may be a bit biased. :D
Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1138274)
Posted by AutobotTrainer on October 21st, 2010 @ 11:49am CDT
GEEWUN wrote:It looks too much like Gundam and Robotech...

Huh, that's weird. If I don't read that carefully, its as if you are saying that is a bad thing...

GUNDAM RULEZ!

ROBOTECH IS NOMINALLY TOLERABLE!
Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1138288)
Posted by moritron on October 21st, 2010 @ 12:13pm CDT
this series was pretty good, lately the idw stuff is getting better after the awful _tion books,(those series were awful i don't care if it was furman),AHM was ok, and the ongoing is slowly getting better. i still wish they'd just scrap this continuity and go back to the dreamwave storyline.
Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1138291)
Posted by Chaoslock on October 21st, 2010 @ 12:14pm CDT
Story is still better than Ongoing, Bumblebee or the Avengers crossover. But that doesn't say much.

I like the aesthetics of the mini, but Spotlight: Drift had a beautiful shading to the art on top of the art. I demand more figures made by Hasbro with similar designs like Drift.
Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1138475)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on October 21st, 2010 @ 6:59pm CDT
Ugh, DISAGREE! The AHM books were the distinct low point in the series!
Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1139206)
Posted by Sagitta on October 24th, 2010 @ 1:21pm CDT

Only similarity I see is a nod to Japanese Transformers anime/magna.
Re: Transformers: Drift #4 Five-Page Preview (1139214)
Posted by Blurrz on October 24th, 2010 @ 1:44pm CDT
Sagitta wrote:Huh. Comparing this to Gundam or or Robotech? Has one actually watched either to make the comparison? The only Autobot who can claim a close resemblance to one of the series is Jetfire due to being patterned after a Veritech fighter.

Only similarity I see is a nod to Japanese Transformers anime/magna.

I concur.. they don't have the gold V head-dress.. which ultimately has them fail the Gundam comparison.