Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide

Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide

Friday, July 6th, 2007 4:48pm CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: Hotrod   Views: 8,072

The Transformers Movie is continuing to cash in at the box office. After setting box office records for the Fourth of July, Box Office Mojo has reported that the film has already taken in $121,156,989 world wide and the film has not even made it to it's first weekend in the United States. This means the film should earn more the the $150 million it cost to make. You can get all the latest Transformers Movie news in the Seibertron.com Transformers Movie Section.

Credit(s): Box Office Mojo

Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203623)
Posted by Flashwave on July 6th, 2007 @ 4:57pm CDT
Tht's/... A lot of cash

We seem to just keep rolling out the news, don't we
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203630)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on July 6th, 2007 @ 5:00pm CDT
Hot damn, that's sweet!
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203635)
Posted by D-340 on July 6th, 2007 @ 5:03pm CDT
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: HELLS YEAH :grin: ;)^
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203649)
Posted by Collector Maximus on July 6th, 2007 @ 5:07pm CDT
Go Transformers Go!
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203666)
Posted by First-Aid on July 6th, 2007 @ 5:13pm CDT
"This means the film should make the $150 million it coast..."

Ummm...SHOULD? SHOULD? Congratulations! You just won the Understatement of the Year award! Past winners include the French government ("We surrender", multiple winner), Captain James Johnson from Pearl Harbor, HA ("I think those are Japanese planes", award given in absentia), and the crew of Apollo 13 ("Houston we have a problem"- trademark pending).

Ladies and gentleman, I do believe we have a smash hit on our hands...this movie is going to put every other movie this summer to shame completely. I'd wager on it even beating out Harry Potter...
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203668)
Posted by Grimshock on July 6th, 2007 @ 5:13pm CDT
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203682)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 6th, 2007 @ 5:20pm CDT

I admit everyone was right about them being available in abundance, and that I was impatient about finding them all, but...this is ridiculous.

June 2nd, I couldn't find more than one Scorponok and Wreckage each. (I didn't care about Wreckage then...) and now, I see Scorp and Wreckage all over the place, but we're inundated with Brawl and Bonecrusher. Even Swindle is starting to sell better than they are.

Not the way I expected things to go. Perhaps I was far too optimistic.
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203687)
Posted by Sunstar on July 6th, 2007 @ 5:21pm CDT
I haven't seen it...
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203715)
Posted by D-340 on July 6th, 2007 @ 5:33pm CDT
Grimshock wrote:Actually, this is too bad. It means they'll never listen to our desires for future movies. They disregarded us with this one and there are no consequences.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Thanks, that made me laugh.
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203719)
Posted by Robinson on July 6th, 2007 @ 5:34pm CDT
And people said it would flop.

As far as the movie toys go, anywhere I go I cant find any of the core characters, so they are selling and selling good.
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203724)
Posted by opjet on July 6th, 2007 @ 5:35pm CDT
come on half a billion yeah moter fecking
ha
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203735)
Posted by blkbitcloud1 on July 6th, 2007 @ 5:40pm CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I sure hope it at leasts breaks even...although I'm surprised...the toys are not selling as well as I thought they would. In fact, they're starting to clog shelves and then some.

Not the way I expected things to go. Perhaps I was far too optimistic.

Hi, Im new here and this is my first post but the toys are selling very well here in upstate NY! Only a few shelf warmers here and Im still trying to find the Walmart 2 pack with Bumble and Barcarde.

blkbitcloud1
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203747)
Posted by Danish-Liokaiser on July 6th, 2007 @ 5:44pm CDT
Okay, lets all go see it again :grin: !!! More money to Dreamworks and woot ever is behind all this :-P
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203896)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on July 6th, 2007 @ 7:02pm CDT
Ad about $150 to that, my plans for this weekend are taking 3 seperate groups of friends to see just how awesome TFs are(and maybe get alittle something-something to boot)
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203917)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on July 6th, 2007 @ 7:10pm CDT

Oh, and haters, you want some "shut-the-hell-up" juice to go with that crow? :grin:
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203938)
Posted by Anonymous on July 6th, 2007 @ 7:22pm CDT
I think when all is told, the film will pull in $400-500 million worldwide.

Hey! Just because I did not love it does not mean everyone else won't. I know it will do very well, and the sequels are a guarantee at this point.
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (203990)
Posted by bobpiecheese on July 6th, 2007 @ 7:49pm CDT
Darth Bombshell wrote:Add thirty bucks to that, as me and my mom went to see it today, and I'll be going to see it again tomorrow.

I'l go and see it on Monday, so you can add whatever price I'll have to pay.

And what's with the crow? I haven't heard of that expression. I thought they would've had a hore :grin:.
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (204051)
Posted by Valandar on July 6th, 2007 @ 8:38pm CDT
"Eating crow" = being forced to admit you were wrong when you make an absolute statement, like "Transformers movie will SUXXOR, kthxbai"

Me, I always said I hated the look of the movie characters. I still do. So what? The movie was still a lot of fun.
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (204180)
Posted by Nemesis Cyberplex on July 6th, 2007 @ 9:53pm CDT
On the other hand, this could be the start of Hasbro stepping up & saying, "Ok, we know know that this is going to be a big hit....& since we know the next one is pretty much in the bag, we'd like to have a few changes made to some of the existing characters to be more representative of traditional TF designs, such as Starscream not looking like a gorilla with chicken legs...that way the movie would not only be a big hit with your precious non-fans but also those that grew up with the orignial designs & those of us here at Hasbro that want Starscream to not look like a gorilla with chicken legs."

Disclaimer: The part about hasbro not liking Starscream's design I got from a recent interview with Bay where he said they had a "big f***ing problem" with Starscream's design.
Re: Transformers Earns $121 Million Worldwide (204193)
Posted by stocky on July 6th, 2007 @ 9:58pm CDT
I agree with Valandar. It took me some time to get used to the look of things, but once I got past it, I just hoped for a good movie. And while it wasn't the best movie I've ever seen, I didn't go into it thinking it would be. But it was a good start, and it truly was great to see the Transformers on the big screen. I will, however, have MUCH higher expectations for any sequels that are coming -- more robots, more transforming, less panning and zooming, and a much better story -- one that is based more on the Transformers war with each other than with their "invasion" of earth (does THIRTEEN robots really constitute an invasion???)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #281 - Netflix Kingdom Reviewed
"Netflix Kingdom Reviewed"
Posted: Tuesday, August 3rd, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Grimlock" on EBAY
Buy "Sandstorm Voyager Generations 2013 MISB Transformers Hasbro WRECKERS IDW" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations FOC Fall of Cybertron Voyager Soundblaster/tapes" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Go G21 Judora Takara Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Wheeljack Elite Construct-Bots Transformers SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Thundercracker" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers generations Combiner wars Buzzsaw" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME Construct Bots Build Your Own Transformer Autobot" on EBAY