Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed

Friday, January 20th, 2017 12:28AM CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: D-Maximus_Prime   Views: 27,674

Thanks to both Seibertronian Shauyaun and Twitter user Snakas, we now have images of the next 2 combiners making their way into Earth Wars: Optimus Maximus and Bruticus! The 2 new combiners are both 5 bot combiners instead of 6, so they should be slightly easier to collect. Bruticus follows his Combiner Wars toy design faithfully minus his thighs being turned 90 degrees like several fan modes. Optimus Maximus is weird: he follows his 'Ultra Prime' color scheme with his 'Optimus Maximus' limb design, but instead of the combined mode chest we are used to, he instead uses his Masterpiece MP-10 chest design with the little yellow spoiler/ax that came with Rodimus, who is not part of the set, making his design very.... interesting. Check out the new images below, which include the upcoming new cover screen, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Credit(s): Earth Wars
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853315)
Posted by King Kuuga on January 20th, 2017 @ 1:15am CST
I just noticed Bruticus also has Onslaught's arms by his sides (like Hot Spot) instead of on his shoulders where the tabs are on the toy. It helps his cannons stand out but also makes him look more like his mold mate.

I'm kinda WTF on Optimus Maximus's chest design. Why not just use the toy design that can, in turn, easily translate to a Menasor design down the road? (surely you've all noticed them introducing more Stunticons on the down-low)

As far as collecting Bruticus goes, I have 60% of him: 3* Swindle, Brawl, and Blast Off, and also a 4* Blast Off. Meanwhile for Devy I have 3* Scrapper and Long Haul and 4* Mixmaster and Scavenger. So overall I have 60% of Bruticus and 67% of Devastator. Yet I expect to finish Brute more quickly.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853325)
Posted by Kurona on January 20th, 2017 @ 7:21am CST
Also strange if that for Bruticus, his chest and crotch armour fly onto him after everyone combine - despite Onslaught having that armour on his vehicle and robot mode models like the CW toy.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853334)
Posted by Kyleor on January 20th, 2017 @ 8:32am CST
"slightly easier to collect" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853335)
Posted by Jones on January 20th, 2017 @ 8:44am CST
Kyleor wrote:"slightly easier to collect" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853341)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on January 20th, 2017 @ 10:13am CST
Jones wrote:
Kyleor wrote:"slightly easier to collect" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, ya know, 5 instead of 6!

I have 2 of each team, so I'm already farther along towards Brute than Devy!
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853346)
Posted by Jones on January 20th, 2017 @ 10:21am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I have 2 of each team, so I'm already farther along towards Brute than Devy!

In all seriousness, though, the character acquisition system this game uses is one of the worst, if not THE worst, I've ever experienced in gaming.

There is absolutely no way to work towards earning a specific character that you're missing to complete one of these combiners.

I have every piece needed to form a 3* Superion EXCEPT Alpha Bravo. Had this since the combiners were first introduced in to the game, and each and every time I open a crystal it's like simply rolling a thousand dice and hoping that I get the one permutation from the RNG that gives me the missing bot.

I enjoy the gameplay, but the character acquisition system has me teetering on the brink of deleting the game entirely. It's just not fun to grind events and save up shards to have zero payoff.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853454)
Posted by Burn on January 20th, 2017 @ 10:43pm CST
Got a 3* crystal from shards.

Got a 3* Soundwave.

Not a dupe.

Probably would have preferred a dupe.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853468)
Posted by King Kuuga on January 21st, 2017 @ 12:41am CST
Burn wrote:Got a 3* crystal from shards.

Got a 3* Soundwave.

Not a dupe.

Probably would have preferred a dupe.

Wait, you didn't already have 3 star Soundwave?

Jones wrote:

See, there's a very easy way to get all the characters: Spend boatloads of money on crystals! :D What's the problem here?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853469)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on January 21st, 2017 @ 12:52am CST
Got enough shards for a 3* crystal.

I only have 6 3*s.

Got a Dupe Brawl.

:( :evil:
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853471)
Posted by Burn on January 21st, 2017 @ 1:26am CST
King Kuuga wrote:Wait, you didn't already have 3 star Soundwave?

Nope. He's probably the last of the original line up that I didn't have as a 3*
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853482)
Posted by BumbleDouche on January 21st, 2017 @ 3:12am CST
Chumps! I've got Devastator AND Bruticus 8-)
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853485)
Posted by Burn on January 21st, 2017 @ 4:00am CST
MegaDump wrote:Chumps! I've got Devastator AND Bruticus 8-)

And?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853488)
Posted by BumbleDouche on January 21st, 2017 @ 4:46am CST
Burn wrote:
MegaDump wrote:Chumps! I've got Devastator AND Bruticus 8-)

And?

It made me feel momentarily superior lol
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853491)
Posted by Burn on January 21st, 2017 @ 5:39am CST
MegaDump wrote:
Burn wrote:
MegaDump wrote:Chumps! I've got Devastator AND Bruticus 8-)

And?

It made me feel momentarily superior lol

So you're either still playing the beta, or you have Devastator and all the Combaticons. Which is it?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853492)
Posted by BumbleDouche on January 21st, 2017 @ 5:50am CST
Burn wrote:
MegaDump wrote:
Burn wrote:
MegaDump wrote:Chumps! I've got Devastator AND Bruticus 8-)

And?

It made me feel momentarily superior lol

I have Devastator already and all the Combaticons... So it was an anticipatory, preemptive hit of smugness that compelled me to try and lord it over others, the Decepticon way.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853501)
Posted by Kurona on January 21st, 2017 @ 7:33am CST
Soundwave isn't terrible - especially after his recent buff, 5% increase to strength and health.
He's not, say, Vortex or Thundercracker. Ignoring that the former has for obvious reasons taken on increased value...
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853566)
Posted by Burn on January 21st, 2017 @ 4:54pm CST
MegaDump wrote:
Burn wrote:
MegaDump wrote:
Burn wrote:
MegaDump wrote:Chumps! I've got Devastator AND Bruticus 8-)

And?

It made me feel momentarily superior lol

Oh ... well ... that's a fail because yeah, I have Devastator AND all the Combaticons as well.

Plus the majority of people in this thread are Decepticon players so attempting to make any of them jealous is pretty much a waste of time. None of us care enough as long as we have Autobots to beat up :-P
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853568)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on January 21st, 2017 @ 5:09pm CST
Did I hear 'Autobot to beat up?'

*gets out the weapons
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853693)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on January 22nd, 2017 @ 12:43pm CST
Don't know how to feel about this one exactly.

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853718)
Posted by ThunderThruster on January 22nd, 2017 @ 1:53pm CST
its easy battle points, which will help push you along the way towards unlocking another squad...?

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Combiner Wars Menasor Set MIB Generations 6 Figures #B3775 Toy RARE - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 47 minutes 48 seconds
TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME AGE OF EXTINCTION EVOLUTION 2-PACK TOYS R US Robot - Time Remaining: 4 days 2 hours 55 minutes 57 seconds
Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Tunnel Rescue Drill Set - Time Remaining: 2 days 20 hours 57 minutes 29 seconds
TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON IDW 1 RARE COMIC BOOK G1 OPTIMUS PRIME MEGATRON - Time Remaining: 7 days 12 hours 58 minutes 19 seconds
TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS AOE EXPO EXCLUSIVE NEMESIS GRIMLOCK MOVIE ADVANCED TOY - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour
Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Wave 1 Lot of 10 Heatwave Blurr Chase Loose - Time Remaining: 2 days 6 hours 1 minute 8 seconds
WHIRL Transformers Generations Voyager 30th Anniversary Robot Comic Book Toy - Time Remaining: 1 day 10 hours 3 minutes 33 seconds
1993 Hasbro G2 Transformers Drench Color Change MOC - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 4 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #182 - Great Expectations