Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed

Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed

Friday, January 20th, 2017 12:28am CST

Category: Game News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 34,041

Thanks to both Seibertronian Shauyaun and Twitter user Snakas, we now have images of the next 2 combiners making their way into Earth Wars: Optimus Maximus and Bruticus! The 2 new combiners are both 5 bot combiners instead of 6, so they should be slightly easier to collect. Bruticus follows his Combiner Wars toy design faithfully minus his thighs being turned 90 degrees like several fan modes. Optimus Maximus is weird: he follows his 'Ultra Prime' color scheme with his 'Optimus Maximus' limb design, but instead of the combined mode chest we are used to, he instead uses his Masterpiece MP-10 chest design with the little yellow spoiler/ax that came with Rodimus, who is not part of the set, making his design very.... interesting. Check out the new images below, which include the upcoming new cover screen, and let us know what you think in the comments section below!

Transformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed

Credit(s): Earth Wars

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853315)
Posted by King Kuuga on January 20th, 2017 @ 1:15am CST
I just noticed Bruticus also has Onslaught's arms by his sides (like Hot Spot) instead of on his shoulders where the tabs are on the toy. It helps his cannons stand out but also makes him look more like his mold mate.

I'm kinda WTF on Optimus Maximus's chest design. Why not just use the toy design that can, in turn, easily translate to a Menasor design down the road? (surely you've all noticed them introducing more Stunticons on the down-low)

As far as collecting Bruticus goes, I have 60% of him: 3* Swindle, Brawl, and Blast Off, and also a 4* Blast Off. Meanwhile for Devy I have 3* Scrapper and Long Haul and 4* Mixmaster and Scavenger. So overall I have 60% of Bruticus and 67% of Devastator. Yet I expect to finish Brute more quickly.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853325)
Posted by Kurona on January 20th, 2017 @ 7:21am CST
Also strange if that for Bruticus, his chest and crotch armour fly onto him after everyone combine - despite Onslaught having that armour on his vehicle and robot mode models like the CW toy.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853334)
Posted by Kyleor on January 20th, 2017 @ 8:32am CST
"slightly easier to collect" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853335)
Posted by Jones on January 20th, 2017 @ 8:44am CST
Kyleor wrote:"slightly easier to collect" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853341)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 20th, 2017 @ 10:13am CST
Jones wrote:
Kyleor wrote:"slightly easier to collect" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, ya know, 5 instead of 6!

I have 2 of each team, so I'm already farther along towards Brute than Devy!
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853346)
Posted by Jones on January 20th, 2017 @ 10:21am CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:I have 2 of each team, so I'm already farther along towards Brute than Devy!

In all seriousness, though, the character acquisition system this game uses is one of the worst, if not THE worst, I've ever experienced in gaming.

There is absolutely no way to work towards earning a specific character that you're missing to complete one of these combiners.

I have every piece needed to form a 3* Superion EXCEPT Alpha Bravo. Had this since the combiners were first introduced in to the game, and each and every time I open a crystal it's like simply rolling a thousand dice and hoping that I get the one permutation from the RNG that gives me the missing bot.

I enjoy the gameplay, but the character acquisition system has me teetering on the brink of deleting the game entirely. It's just not fun to grind events and save up shards to have zero payoff.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853454)
Posted by Burn on January 20th, 2017 @ 10:43pm CST
Got a 3* crystal from shards.

Got a 3* Soundwave.

Not a dupe.

Probably would have preferred a dupe.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853468)
Posted by King Kuuga on January 21st, 2017 @ 12:41am CST
Burn wrote:Got a 3* crystal from shards.

Got a 3* Soundwave.

Not a dupe.

Probably would have preferred a dupe.

Wait, you didn't already have 3 star Soundwave?

Jones wrote:

See, there's a very easy way to get all the characters: Spend boatloads of money on crystals! :D What's the problem here?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853469)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 21st, 2017 @ 12:52am CST
Got enough shards for a 3* crystal.

I only have 6 3*s.

Got a Dupe Brawl.

:( :evil:
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853471)
Posted by Burn on January 21st, 2017 @ 1:26am CST
King Kuuga wrote:Wait, you didn't already have 3 star Soundwave?

Nope. He's probably the last of the original line up that I didn't have as a 3*
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853482)
Posted by BumbleDouche on January 21st, 2017 @ 3:12am CST
Chumps! I've got Devastator AND Bruticus 8-)
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853485)
Posted by Burn on January 21st, 2017 @ 4:00am CST
MegaDump wrote:Chumps! I've got Devastator AND Bruticus 8-)

And?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853488)
Posted by BumbleDouche on January 21st, 2017 @ 4:46am CST
Burn wrote:
MegaDump wrote:Chumps! I've got Devastator AND Bruticus 8-)

And?

It made me feel momentarily superior lol
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853491)
Posted by Burn on January 21st, 2017 @ 5:39am CST
MegaDump wrote:
Burn wrote:
MegaDump wrote:Chumps! I've got Devastator AND Bruticus 8-)

And?

It made me feel momentarily superior lol

So you're either still playing the beta, or you have Devastator and all the Combaticons. Which is it?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853492)
Posted by BumbleDouche on January 21st, 2017 @ 5:50am CST
Burn wrote:
MegaDump wrote:
Burn wrote:
MegaDump wrote:Chumps! I've got Devastator AND Bruticus 8-)

And?

It made me feel momentarily superior lol

I have Devastator already and all the Combaticons... So it was an anticipatory, preemptive hit of smugness that compelled me to try and lord it over others, the Decepticon way.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853501)
Posted by Kurona on January 21st, 2017 @ 7:33am CST
Soundwave isn't terrible - especially after his recent buff, 5% increase to strength and health.
He's not, say, Vortex or Thundercracker. Ignoring that the former has for obvious reasons taken on increased value...
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853566)
Posted by Burn on January 21st, 2017 @ 4:54pm CST
MegaDump wrote:
Burn wrote:
MegaDump wrote:
Burn wrote:
MegaDump wrote:Chumps! I've got Devastator AND Bruticus 8-)

And?

It made me feel momentarily superior lol

Oh ... well ... that's a fail because yeah, I have Devastator AND all the Combaticons as well.

Plus the majority of people in this thread are Decepticon players so attempting to make any of them jealous is pretty much a waste of time. None of us care enough as long as we have Autobots to beat up :-P
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853568)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on January 21st, 2017 @ 5:09pm CST
Did I hear 'Autobot to beat up?'

*gets out the weapons
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853693)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on January 22nd, 2017 @ 12:43pm CST
Don't know how to feel about this one exactly.

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars - Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Revealed (1853718)
Posted by ThunderThruster on January 22nd, 2017 @ 1:53pm CST
its easy battle points, which will help push you along the way towards unlocking another squad...?

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 03 Deluxe Class Movie 3 Crowbar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "transformers tfcc tfss 1.0 Breakdown" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Blackout Cyberverse Legends" on EBAY
Buy "TFCC funpub 2013 Transformers club membership Depthcharge Depth Charge botcon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reveal the Shield 'G2' Optimus Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers  Collectors Club Dion - Sealed Unopened with instructions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G2 Reveal the Shield Deluxe Optimus Prime MOSC" on EBAY