Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip

Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip

Monday, June 4th, 2018 6:32pm CDT

Categories: Game News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,941

It's been a while since we had some proper news from the Space Ape / Backflip mobile strategy game Transformers: Earth Wars, but just this past weekend was its second anniversary of going live and still going strong! Are you still playing the game? If so, you might recognise some of the highlights that were put together for this clip embedded below, found on the game's official Facebook page.

Take a look below, and let us know what you think or thought of the game if you played, are playing, or are thinking of playing Earth Wars!

Credit(s): Earth Wars

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1963090)
Posted by MagicDeath on June 4th, 2018 @ 8:46pm CDT
Still playing! And, to be honest, Furman’s writing for it has gotten so much better since the beginning. There are even good jokes and references to other media! :D
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1963093)
Posted by Burn on June 4th, 2018 @ 8:52pm CDT
I quit a few months ago. Alliance expectations were becoming too stressful, not to mention the douchebaggery of some members who simply could not comprehend that because they can sit around on their arses with their trust funds and have nothing to do, doesn't mean everyone else is in the same position and being a long standing member meant nothing.

There were some good alliances out there, and I fully understood the expectations, but trying to squeeze as much playing time in during weekend events just became untenable.

Freedom from it has been wonderful.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1970248)
Posted by Va'al on July 11th, 2018 @ 2:16am CDT
By means of an update from the Space Ape/Backflip Transformers: Earth Wars mobile game, we have a new clip showing their next campaign - which is going back to the 80s and the originally styled Transformers character designs thanks to a new Power Core! The G1esque bots included feature the likes of Soundwave, Arcee, Megatron, Optimus Prime, Skywarp, Ultra Magnus and more - check them all out below, and let us know if you're still playing the game and what you think of this limited feature!

Relive the 80s with these classic bots in Transformers: Earth Wars, starting this Friday!

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1970295)
Posted by #Sideways# on July 11th, 2018 @ 8:26am CDT

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1970401)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on July 11th, 2018 @ 3:33pm CDT
#Sideways# wrote:I mean, wasn't everything in this game already G1-esque? Like, since it was based off the toy designs of a G1-based toyline, and all, it's kind of redundant to have this event in the first place.

I stopped playing some months ago cos out of the two transformers mobile games on my phone i only really wanted to have one of them and Forged to Fight has the movie bots I so much prefer over G1(esque) so making it even more G1 isn't gonna pull me back to it. Plus i far prefer a much closer view of robots smashing up each other so FtF is more my thing in other ways.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1970407)
Posted by Burn on July 11th, 2018 @ 4:12pm CDT
#Sideways# wrote:Also, Burn is super right. It had become a chore to spend all my time on this thing, especially on my already busy weekends. Worse yet? Some people have a very large, expendable income so even if I used all my power cells perfectly and worked the cooldowns perfectly, I wouldn't even make a dent in some of the higher performers. It kind of felt like ramming my forehead into a wall for seventy two hours and getting nothing but useless two star novelties for it.

Exactly this. And Alliances were getting more and more competitive so you either spent big (and then only ended up with a 3*) or go away. Loyalty meant nothing to those with Trust Funds.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1970722)
Posted by Scramjet on July 13th, 2018 @ 8:18am CDT
Good old Earth Wars. I got an email from them on the two year anniversary about free things, apparently I had removed the game from my device. I re-downloaded, and it was my temporary profile I set up after re-loading the game when the beta ended. Contacted customer support, they didn't get back to me until after the free stuff expired. So I have the correct profile again, just missed out on the goodies.

I forgot how much funds people threw in to this game. I couldn't keep up at all with Seibertron's team that I was on with Cobotron and carytheone. They left before I did, but ultimately I just said "So long, and thanks for all the fish."

It was fun at the beginning building a base and stuff, but unlike Sim City or The Simpsons: Tapped Out you can't just go on forever without throwing in a bunch of money.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1971017)
Posted by Roadbuster on July 14th, 2018 @ 3:34am CDT
The new event started. Turns out this G1 chip is basically a toonshader. It does not change the character modelwhen applied. It only gives it a toonshader. But enough about that.

I logged back in and there is G1 bgm playing instead of the Earth Wars bgm. Having a nostalgia trip atm.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1971380)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on July 15th, 2018 @ 6:55pm CDT
I feel less annoyed now about the two chips I got being bots I don't have. Sigh.

I may be doing something wrong as you're the second person I've seen mention the different music - mine still has the same music as when I started playing three weeks ago!
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1980237)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 23rd, 2018 @ 4:21pm CDT
Straight from Transformers: Earth War developer Space Ape games, we've got news of the newest event to hit the game.

Power of the Prime Cores!

Check out all the information below:

Transformers: Earth Wars wrote:Image

Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong!

With more and more Prime Cores becoming unearthed, the power of all Transformers is increasing drastically.
To prepare for a very special announcement in the upcoming weeks, we are hosting a special event: a community totaliser!

From Friday 24th, 10:00 UTC to Friday 31st, 10:00 UTC, we will add together all the Energon spent to upgrade Prime Cores. In that week, every day at around 09:00 UTC we will post on our social media channels the current standings and for every milestone reached, a loot code along with it!

Have a look below at the requirements and the awesome rewards that come along with them:

Gather Prime Core Shards in this weekends event, upgrade your existing or new Prime Cores and win BIG!

Twitter

Facebook

Instagram

YouTube

Twitch

Copyright © 2018 Space Ape Games. All Rights Reserved.

TRANSFORMERS and all related characters are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission.
© 2015 Hasbro. All Rights Reserved.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1980597)
Posted by YoungPrime on August 25th, 2018 @ 1:18pm CDT
Sigh..................When is Hasbro going to get a clue and have a reputable Game Dev. make a quality TF game like WFC again?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1982137)
Posted by Seibertron on September 4th, 2018 @ 12:03pm CDT

New Transformers Characters SENTIUS MAGNUS and SENTIUS MALUS Roll Out in TRANSFORMERS: EARTH WARS September 14

Learn More During Livestream with Transformers Writer Simon Furman on September 6, 2018

On September 14th, Hasbro Inc. will add two new characters to the Transformers universe; say hello to the SENTIUS TWINS, SENTIUS MAGNUS and SENTIUS MALUS. Both characters will make their debut in TRANSFORMERS: EARTH WARS, the award-winning combat strategy mobile game available for free from Space Ape Games and Backflip Studios on the App Store and Google Play.

In the early days of Cybertron, the home world of the Transformers bots, SENTIUS NOBILIUS served as an honorable guardian of the relics of the PRIMES, the gods of the Transformers universe. To do this task he was given a sword of legendary power, the SWORD OF BALANCE, a blade with the power of creation and destruction. He was betrayed by one of the PRIMES, who, using his own sword against him, split his spark in two. This destroyed SENTIUS NOBILIUS, but created two new sibling warriors: SENTIUS MAGNUS, the guardian of light, and SENTIUS MALUS, the guardian of darkness. Each of these bots now carries one half of the sword, which was split. SENTIUS MAGNUS now fights for the Autobots, and SENTIUS MALUS for the Decepticons. Fans can get a sneak-peek at both characters by checking out today’s announcement trailer.

Transformers writer Simon Furman will be doing a livestream with Space Ape Games developers on Thursday, September 6 at 4:00 p.m. UTC, diving into the story behind the SENTIUS TWINS and providing a look at the characters and game update. Fans can tune in to the livestream by visiting: twitch.tv/transformersearthwars.

TRANSFORMERS: EARTH WARS is a real-time combat strategy game that surpassed 10 million downloads within its first year. The game pairs authentic Transformers storytelling with fast-paced gameplay, beautiful 3D animation and hundreds of iconic characters with diverse strengths and abilities. Download TRANSFORMERS: EARTH WARS for free on the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch, and on Google Play for Android devices. For more information, visit www.TransformersEarthWars.com.

Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1982146)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on September 4th, 2018 @ 12:37pm CDT
WHEW! Not the Bayniverse Twins.

Instead, it's...Roulette and Shadow Striker as male samurai who symbolize yin and yang. Sort of.

Sure, why not.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1982148)
Posted by mentre83 on September 4th, 2018 @ 12:39pm CDT
Great, we got DBZ Piccolo :lol:
I've had enough of samurai-themed Tfs, they're just too full of clichés.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1982151)
Posted by Big Grim on September 4th, 2018 @ 12:42pm CDT
Wow. Those are super boring looking.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1982153)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on September 4th, 2018 @ 12:45pm CDT
are they not just variations of IDW Drift?

Also.. a hero and a villain who each own one half of a sword. Wasn't that the Power Sword thing in the original He-Man mini-comics you got with the figures (before the cartoon ignored all that)
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1982157)
Posted by Latebrus-K on September 4th, 2018 @ 1:01pm CDT
While the backstory is a little silly, I'm definitely down for more new blood in the franchise. Despite the overt samurai theme, their crazy tank-walker alt-modes could fit into the new WfC lines... maybe we'll get toys of them? Even if you don't like their particular backstory, they could easily be repurposed as cybertronian-mode Drift and Deadlock, or generic Circle of Light members. :-?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1982158)
Posted by RustedCross on September 4th, 2018 @ 1:11pm CDT
Did they just re-use the Cyberverse Shockwave mold for both of these?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1982170)
Posted by Lunatic Prime on September 4th, 2018 @ 2:08pm CDT

Maybe new characters for SIEGE :-?
A Leader class figure called SENTIUS NOBILIUS that can split into two Voyager class sized figures.

But their transformation and alt modes remind me pretty much of the new Cyberverse SHOCKWAVEs.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Game Second Anniversary Clip (1982174)
Posted by Skritz on September 4th, 2018 @ 2:23pm CDT
So it's robot Hanzo and robot-ier Genji. And man, I too am getting tired of Samurai Transformers: it was cool when Bludgeon did it blatantly and Dinobot did way more subtly but after Windblade and Drift it seems like it's the cliche 'new cool kid we're supposed to like' gimmick. >:oP

That said, one of them has a bow which is a weapon which doesn't get enough love as a TF weapon, so I'd be fine with them getting figures in Siege, especially if they get reworked into Bludgeon and Banzaitron.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Megatron and Doomshot" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #259 - Podcast Convoy
"Podcast Convoy"
Posted: Sunday, September 13th, 2020

Buy "No weapon Transformers Siege CROSSHAIRS WFC-S49 War For Cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War For Cybertron Siege CROSSHAIRS Forge Launcher Weapon WFC 2019" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS STUDIO SERIES #64 BUMBLEBEE MOVIE CLIFFJUMPER ACTION FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Earthrise War of Cybertron Trilogy SKY LYNX" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Bruticus Combaticons Blast Off w/ Upgrades" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars SCATTERSHOT MISB New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TITANS RETURN DELUXE CLASS TRIGGERHAPPY" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon 2013 Rainmaker Exclusive Deluxe Hotlink Figure Complete" on EBAY