Wednesday, January 25th, 2017 5:11PM CST

Categories: Game News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 28,587

Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong!

With the Autobots and Decepticons both unable to rely on one Combiner, they must battle harder than ever to gain a valuable 4-Star Maximus Bot or Combaticon Crystal to construct their next Combiner.

Countdown to CombinationTransformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight

Now it's time to tackle the bigger problem of successfully combining. With the Aerialbots increasing fatigue, and Megatron pushing the Combaticons to their limit, the Autobots and Decepticons are focusing on the task at hand!

Fight to support your faction’s efforts and gain Energon, Alloy, Spark, 3-Star Shards, a 2-Star Crystal and a 4-Star Maximus Bot or Combaticon Crystal!

Start Date: 27/01/2017 11:00 UTC

End Date: 30/01/2017 11:00 UTC

How do I participate?
  • Reach HQ Level 4!
  • Join an Alliance!
  • Tap the Event button!
  • Select an Event Battle Zone to fight in!
  • Win your battle and gather Battle Points!Collect Prizes!

Prizes

Prestiges Allowed: None

Bonus Experience: Earn Double XP in Event Battle Zones

Event Battle ZonesTransformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight
Totaliser PrizesTransformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus SpotlightNew Combiners are Coming!Given the tremendous burden that each faction’s lone Combiner must shoulder, it's evident that relying on only one Combiner is not a long term solution to the enemy threat! Both factions initiate plans to form additional Combiners, each built with 5 bots to help share the massive responsibility. Collect the necessary bots and activate your Combiner in the Combiner lab to unleash colossal power upon your opponent!
---------------

Character Spotlight

Let’s take a look at Optimus Maximus and Bruticus in action!

---------------

Combiners FAQ

Q) Which bots do I need for the new Combiners?

A) You need to collect the 5 bots below to form the new Combiners.

Optimus Maximus

Transformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus SpotlightBruticusTransformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight

Q) Do I need different spark for these combiners?

A) Yes. You can upgrade your Combiner’s health and damage using Optimus Maximus or Bruticus Spark obtained from duplicates of Optimus Prime, Ironhide, Sunstreaker, Prowl and Mirage or Combaticons in the Space Bridge.

Q) Can I switch between different Combiners?

A) No, once a Combiner is activated in the Combiner Lab you will only be able to use that active Combiner in battle. Once the activation of the Combiner expires, you may activate another Combiner.

Q) What are the new Combiner abilities?

A) These powerful Combiners come equipped with three new powerful abilities to deliver devastating damage to your opponents.

Earth Shatter - Send a powerful shock wave dealing damage to targets in a line. Deals 600% damage to walls!

Transformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus SpotlightRighteous Rage and Frantic Rage - Grants increased movement speed, damage reduction and a close range splash-radius attack with increased damage.Transformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus SpotlightShockfire Missiles- Fire 4 missiles that lock onto enemy defenses, disabling them and dealing damage. (4-Star Only) 5-Star Crystal ShardsTransformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight

Starting Thursday you can collect 5-Star Crystal Shards from duplicate 4-Star Bots!

You will be able to use these Crystal Shards to purchase the 5-Star Character Crystal which unlocks a new guaranteed 5-Star Bot!
Please know that we're aware of a visual bug where you cannot see the total number of 5-Star Crystal Shards you've obtained. Any 5-Star Crystal Shards you collect over the next few weeks will become available early next month once the 5-Star Character Crystal is released. Twitch StreamTransformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight

COMBINER ART! Find out how we brought the brand new Combiners to life!

Meet our super-talented artists and get a rare behind-the-scenes of Optimus Maximus and Bruticus from concept to 3D. Join Deb, Adam and the art team LIVE Thursday, January 26th @ 5pm UTC.

Follow us on TwitchRoll Out!

Stephanie
Transformers: Earth Wars VIP ManagerTransformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus SpotlightFacebookTransformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus SpotlightTwitterTransformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus SpotlightYouTubeTransformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus SpotlightTwitchTransformers News: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus SpotlightInstagramCopyright © 2017 Space Ape Games. All Rights Reserved.

TRANSFORMERS and all related logos and character names are trademarks of Hasbro and are used with permission.
© 2017 Transformers. All Rights Reserved.

Credit(s): Transformers: Earth Wars
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1854667)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on January 25th, 2017 @ 5:26pm CST
Maximus just doesn't look good. Argh, at least I'm a con in game. Bruticus may be the best looking and least screwed up of the combiners yet.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1854675)
Posted by Kurona on January 25th, 2017 @ 5:34pm CST
Now that we get a full body look of Maximus, he's... even stranger than I initially thought. The Optimus section obviously looks odd; but the rest of the components all combine their CW designs with their Classics/Universe toy designs, which leads to an... interesting take on Optimus Maximus.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1854707)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on January 25th, 2017 @ 7:00pm CST
*wonders how her alliance tricks her into doing this sort of thing

<!-- ia0 -->1485389011616.png<!-- ia0 -->

Contact us, no matter what you HQ level, we many alliances MAS family for many different levels.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1854913)
Posted by SnoopDawg on January 26th, 2017 @ 2:04pm CST
ctrlFrequency wrote:*wonders how her alliance tricks her into doing this sort of thing

[attachment=0]1485389011616.png[/attachment]

The problem I have is that there's no balance in the alliances. All the top alliances in MAS can usually get all the prizes while all of the lower alliances in MAS can barely get the prizes.

But very good promotional poster.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1854966)
Posted by PhunkJunkion on January 26th, 2017 @ 5:47pm CST
The game just started giving me problems yesterday. It freezes every time I try to go into battle. I messaged tech support but no answer yet. It's a pity. I was really starting to get into it big time.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1854968)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on January 26th, 2017 @ 6:06pm CST
My rushers have started having issues. They will register that they have activated their rush and use the points, but they won't actually rush. Pain in the ass, has cost me a few wins
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1854972)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on January 26th, 2017 @ 7:12pm CST
*removed
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1854975)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on January 26th, 2017 @ 7:21pm CST
tfepicness wrote:

[attachment=0]1485389011616.png[/attachment]

But very good promotional poster.

Are you part of the MAS family to know this as fact? (Because if I remember correctly you left the game)
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1854979)
Posted by SnoopDawg on January 26th, 2017 @ 7:37pm CST
ctrlFrequency wrote:
tfepicness wrote:

[attachment=0]1485389011616.png[/attachment]

But very good promotional poster.

And last I remember you were commander of Seibertron as well, right?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1854982)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on January 26th, 2017 @ 7:45pm CST
tfepicness wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:
tfepicness wrote:

[attachment=0]1485389011616.png[/attachment]

But very good promotional poster.

At last I remember you were commander of Seibertron as well, right?

I am technically commander of Seibertron, yes, as my second account is the commander. But we dissolved the alliance. I'm with MAS.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1854984)
Posted by SnoopDawg on January 26th, 2017 @ 7:49pm CST
ctrlFrequency wrote:
tfepicness wrote:
ctrlFrequency wrote:
tfepicness wrote:

[attachment=0]1485389011616.png[/attachment]

But very good promotional poster.

At last I remember you were commander of Seibertron as well, right?

Just so you know, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. And yes I did leave the game ...
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1854985)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on January 26th, 2017 @ 8:00pm CST
You may not be trying to pick a fight, but you are being a bit... presumptive.

If you aren'the part of MAS you don'the know how it works.

MAS, DZ, EF, and MAS Destruction don't hoard the prizes (I assume you mean during leader board). MAS is the only one capable of top 5, and routinely bring up anyone capable of making the required points to get the leaderboard prizes.

During totalizers, once one of the top 80 alliances finish, we move others down to the feeders to help them finish. When someone goes to log off for the night, someone else takes there place all to make sure everyone finishes.

So everyone gets prizes, it's uninformed to say the top ones leave the feeders in the cold.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1855016)
Posted by Burn on January 26th, 2017 @ 11:42pm CST
Awfully large sig is awfully large ...
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1855020)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on January 26th, 2017 @ 11:52pm CST
Argh, just took an attack from Optimus Maximus. Damn my bad luck
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1855533)
Posted by LiKwid on January 29th, 2017 @ 12:47am CST
Seibertron II lives on!
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1855677)
Posted by Burn on January 29th, 2017 @ 2:48pm CST
Got this guy, 24 hours before Swindle is due to pop out of his level 41 upgrade.

Now what am I going to do for double XP?
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1855704)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on January 29th, 2017 @ 4:22pm CST
I need Vortex to get Bruticus, so of course I got...

<!-- ia0 -->Screenshot_2017-01-29-10-35-47.png<!-- ia0 -->

I knew I wouldn't get Vortex !

Not complaining, mind you. I love my 3 star Brawl, and I ran the risk of getting a dupe Blast Off. Thankfully I already figured I wouldn't get Vortex.
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1855705)
Posted by Kurona on January 29th, 2017 @ 4:24pm CST
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1855708)
Posted by D-Maximus_Prime on January 29th, 2017 @ 4:28pm CST
Ya know, since I will be getting the crystal, I can call exactly what I will get right now: a 4* Brawl or Swindle. I have the 2 and 3* versions of both. I have 2* Vortex and Blastoff and no Onslaught, so I'll get one of those former 2, calling it now
Re: Transformers: Earth Wars Update - Countdown to Combination: Bruticus and Optimus Maximus Spotlight (1855710)
Posted by ctrlFrequency on January 29th, 2017 @ 4:30pm CST
Kurona wrote:I finally quit the game on Friday so now I'm free to laugh at your luck without fear of karma :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, laugh it up. I knew I wouldn't get a Vortex... and just like Devy and the missing Mixmaster, I will eventually get him.

Meanwhile I got a solid 4 star gunner that I like (unless it was a dupe, there isn't a Combaticon I would be disappointed in) and am not stressing while chasing the all mighty Combiner. It will eventually happen. Besides, I need a lot of Bruticus spark.

Ending Soon On eBay

Vintage Transformers Armada Terrorsaur MOSC - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 17 minutes 22 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS combiner wars voyager class ONSLAUGHT FIGURE  NEW - Time Remaining: 1 day 11 hours 19 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers Titan Heroes Bumblebee Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 28 minutes 53 seconds
G.I. Joe Club/Transformers Club Crossover Exclusive Cobra Commander - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 30 minutes 17 seconds
SDCC 2017 BAIT EXCLUSIVE MEDICOM BEARBRICK 400% TRANSFORMERS METALLIC MEGATRON - Time Remaining: 29 days 10 hours 34 minutes 10 seconds
Transformers The Last Knight Autobot Scorn Premier Edition Voyager Class Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 16 hours 34 minutes 55 seconds
Transformers RTS Reveal The Shield Legends Optimus Prime and Megatron MISB Lot#A - Time Remaining: 3 days 7 hours 37 minutes 24 seconds
Transformers TFCC Chromedome /Funpub Botcon TFSS 4.0 Subscription Service Deluxe - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 37 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #181 - Wipe-Out