Tuesday, July 14th, 2020 10:38pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 23,920

We have some Transformers Earhrise Doubledealer news. Firstly, for those who ordered it on Amazon, it's shipping out. For those hoping to find this at retail instead, well we have good news and bad news. This toy has been found at Targets across the US but we are getting several accounts online that Target has made a mistake with the time stamp and they may not let you purchase it.

Also, speaking of Target, the Seeker Two Pack has been switching from available to unavailable online but it's currently available and has been for a day.

https://www.target.com/p/transformers-g ... A-78917026

If you have found these toys, share your sightings with our community in the sightings section and on our boards in your region related thread.

The image below comes from a sighting originally posted by Jordy on Facebook.

Transformers News: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky

Credit(s): see all sources in article

Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071895)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 14th, 2020 @ 10:46pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:Either I missed the news or I never paid attention, but do someone know who will sell the Seeker 2-pack in Canada, and when it's supposed to come out?

The original news of its existenec comes from shelf tags from Toysrus Canada.

I consider this good news because the Rainmakers were easy access. We just have to wait.

However, if they do the "don't ship to Quebec" for reasons.... :BOOM:
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071897)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on July 14th, 2020 @ 10:57pm CDT
You say it's been available online for a day, but every time I got to order it, it gives a popup saying it's out of stock. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071898)
Posted by Glarryg on July 14th, 2020 @ 11:29pm CDT

I don't shop at Target much any more.

Glarryg
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071901)
Posted by Lore Keeper on July 14th, 2020 @ 11:44pm CDT
My Doubledealer hasn't shipped from Amazon yet. Says August 9th. :(
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071902)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on July 14th, 2020 @ 11:58pm CDT
Glarryg wrote:In the past two years, this has happened to me no less than half a dozen times a year. Always at a Target, but not always the same Target, and every time except once it was a TF (the other time it was a Mega Bloks set). Every one of those times, I've found the same item at a different store chain, often within two weeks of the initial incident and always before Target's "street date."

I don't shop at Target much any more.

Glarryg
That's happened to me with 2 different TFs within the past year. I bought the other 3 of the first-half Macadam BAF deluxes, probably all at Targets in January, but when I tried to buy Bee a month later, suddenly he hadn't reached his street date. He (and Prime, Megs and Shockwave) was on the shelf at 3 different Targets, but couldn't be bought. I finally got him at a Meijer right when Michigan went into lockdown.

Last summer, on the other hand, I first found Cyberverse Alpha Trion in a Target, but he just didn't seem to be in the system yet despite his presence on the shelf. The cashier just junk-skned him for me for $10, since she apparently thought $20 was too much for a toy that size! So in my experience, it evens out in the end...unless she got fired.

The most annoying thing I've encountered at Targets this month is that all the stores that upgraded to touch-scanners had to turn them off to prevent Covid-spread, so finding out if something's on sale requires bugging the electronics dept. Gonna' pester the hell out of them when these figures finally show up in my neighborhood, just in case the next screw-up happens to be another Animated-Shockwave/Sunstorm situation.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071908)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 15th, 2020 @ 4:33am CDT
I finally got my timing right, I guess. I was able to actually add the Thundercracker and Skywarp 2-Pack to my cart this morning and have my shipping confirmation email and everything! Now, to do the same for the Pounce and Wingspan 2-Pack.

Also, my fiancé was able to find and buy me a Doubledealer while I'm out of town. He got very lucky and the cashier didn't give him any guff about the alleged September 1 street date. I'll have a nice gift waiting for me when I get home later this week. :)

UPDATE: And now I've got the Decepticon Clones ordered as well! I can breathe a sigh of relief. Here's hoping that everyone who wants them can now get them!
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071916)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on July 15th, 2020 @ 7:39am CDT
I know I haven’t spotted him or the Seeker two Pak but their price scans are on the shelf. Fingers crossed!
Definitely appreciate the heads up on the purchase issue.

SGM
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071920)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 15th, 2020 @ 8:15am CDT
Target is really incompetent to make the same mistake over and over. No wonder they failed in Canada.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071923)
Posted by ScottyP on July 15th, 2020 @ 9:05am CDT
SGMLordMirage wrote:Sounds like the same issue when Springer came. If I recall, some individuals just used another like transformer (size wise) scanned it and then put the Springer in their bag. I guess it can’t hurt to try with Douledealer if that’s the case and of course it takes having another leader class available to use.

Also, and this isn't directed to anyone in particular but just a general thing - scanning an item then bagging a different item is not smart. While I see no moral objection to it in this particular case, it could be construed as shrink by some loss prevention managers and it's just not worth it to take the chance.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071924)
Posted by o.supreme on July 15th, 2020 @ 9:19am CDT
Lore Keeper wrote:My Doubledealer hasn't shipped from Amazon yet. Says August 9th. :(

Same, mine hasn't shipped but says "arriving" August 10th, though I just ordered mine 2 days ago when I happened to stumble upon it on sale for $42.50. I doubt any Target in my area will have it before then, and it will probably arrive around the same time as it would based on my Pulse pre order, only about 10 dollars less.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071929)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on July 15th, 2020 @ 9:52am CDT
@Scotty P, I should have added that note while scanning is at your own risk with another like item but interesting on how the others are locked. So guess they got smart ).

SGM
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071931)
Posted by Slashercon on July 15th, 2020 @ 9:57am CDT
ScottyP wrote:

I tried to buy leader Optimus last week but the associate said it was "street-dated". There were 4-5 Astrotrains' and two Optimus' on the endcap shelf and the Astrotrain was available for shipping for over two weeks (I know this because i had to constantly go online and check each day for Thundercracker and Skywarp availability which finally paid off.). I tried again several days later, and while the machine still was having the "street-date" problem, a second employee found a way to work around the issue. Target seems like it can be a hassle, even when it comes to non-exclusive items.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071932)
Posted by o.supreme on July 15th, 2020 @ 9:57am CDT
ScottyP wrote:I don't think it works in this case, had a buddy tell me Astrotrain and Optimus are register locked now too. Amazing how they're so bad at this so regularly.

Still plenty of Siege Shockwaves at all my Targets, if you wanna borrow one to use to scan :lol:
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071938)
Posted by SGMLordMirage on July 15th, 2020 @ 10:10am CDT
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071940)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 15th, 2020 @ 10:13am CDT
I am really glad I am not looking for the seeker 2-pack and that I got Doubledealer on pre-order from Target.

On a different note, I am enjoying Wheeljack. He is fun to pose

Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071941)
Posted by Autobot N on July 15th, 2020 @ 10:14am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071945)
Posted by trunks2614 on July 15th, 2020 @ 10:45am CDT
FIX FOR THIS ISSUES

I ran into this at target yesterday when i tried to by prime. It had street date of 9/1 so they would not let me scan it to ring it up. It had been out for months and i had already bought one from there a few weeks ago so i wasn't having it.

Went to customer service, they were kinda helpful but said nothing they could do as they can't bar code it as it would mess up inventory. I showed them it online, saying i can get it in store or i could of had it shipped but it was right there. So i got another customer service manager. I told them i am not leaving without this because there is no reason i can't and it is a target mistake. So they got me another person and she was helpful. She called guest services for me and we told them what was going on.

After them initially not wanting to do much the girl actually asked another quesiton or two and they told her to use the Item Number (DPCI): 087-16-2193 ( that is the one for the seelers ) but she typed it in and it rang up, so screw the upc. The girl then asked would that affect inventory but since that number is tied to the transformer in question, even though i told her it wouldn't, then confirmed it.

Item Number (DPCI): 087-16-2193 seeekers
Item Number (DPCI): 087-16-1267 Prime
Item Number (DPCI): 087-16-6661 Double Dealer
Item Number (DPCI): 087-16-7900 Wingspan and Pounce

So i left with my seekers and prime for my son. Knowing my transformer release dates helped :)

Long story short, if you run into this and they don't want to sell it as they don't.. Go online and get the Item Number (DPCI). you see it when you click "More details or show details: at the bottom.

i did it on my phone, go to guest services and ask them to ring it up as that DPCI number

That should get you out the door.

Have a good day
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071946)
Posted by trunks2614 on July 15th, 2020 @ 10:48am CDT
o.supreme wrote:

Go online and get the DPCI number from the webpage and tell customer service to use that to ring you up.

i actually posted the full target story a few posts above this if anyone is interested.

Call guest services or have them call guest services if you get to customer service and they still don't want to use the DPCI number due to inventory. Guest services will tell them it is ok.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071948)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on July 15th, 2020 @ 10:52am CDT
Direct product links if those help.

Earthrise Prime: https://www.target.com/p/transformers-e ... A-78917034
Item Number (DPCI): 087-16-1267

Earthrise Doubledealer: https://www.target.com/p/transformers-g ... A-78917038
Item Number (DPCI): 087-16-6661

Those links also show different UPC values.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Doubledealer Found at Target but Buying it Might be Tricky (2071950)
Posted by trunks2614 on July 15th, 2020 @ 10:54am CDT
Should of put those in there, good catch :)

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Voyager Class Roadbuster Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers BATTLE CORE OPTIMUS PRIME Combiner Wars Voyager White 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Autobot Infinitus & Sentinel Prime 100%" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Voyager Class Technobot Scattershot MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars KO Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Scattershot Figure Box#1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers RODIMUS PRIME Generations Titanium Die-cast Series 2006 OPEN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Barricade Takara Tomy Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Scourge" on EBAY