Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail

Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail

Monday, July 6th, 2020 6:38pm CDT

Category: Sightings
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 22,233

Greetings Seibertronians! Following on from the Wave 2 Battlemasters being found in Australia, Australian Transformers fan group page, Ozformers, has reported on a series of sightings of Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2! The sightings were made at various Toymate and Toy World stores around New South Wales and Victoria.

Wave 2 consists of a re-pack of Optimus Prime and new mold Doubledealer. His Australian price is $89.99 The sightings were reported to Ozformers by members of their community.

Transformers News: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail

Are you planning on getting Doubledealer? Have you already got his partners waiting for him? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Ozformers Facebook Group

Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070733)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 6th, 2020 @ 6:44pm CDT
Ooh, he's looking real good in-package.
Although I wonder how many people will even notice this news right now...
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070743)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 6th, 2020 @ 7:22pm CDT

The upcoming weapons pack is what finally tippd the scales. I figured there'd be a premium version with, maybe, a better paintjob but the upcoming weapon pack really just completes ER Prime in such a way that I dis want the guy.

I wasn't gonna replace Henkei with him, but damn. He really is very, very good.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070745)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 6th, 2020 @ 7:31pm CDT
Gauntlet101010 wrote:Well, I passed on Prime twice. But now I went ahead and grabbed him from Walmart.

I wasn't gonna replace Henkei with him, but damn. He really is very, very good.

I was a naysayer too at first but I went and bought it at full price with no regrets. The classic mold is good, but ER is now the reining champion for a "voyager" sized "G1" Optimus. It's really a mini Masterpiece. Something even the Hybrid was never able to achieve.

As for the unexpected weapon pack, I jumped on it at HP before it's too late. All because of Roller. The rest of the box are just layers upon layers of delicious icing on that marvelous cake!
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070752)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 6th, 2020 @ 7:44pm CDT
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070756)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on July 6th, 2020 @ 7:51pm CDT
Wheeljack finally arrived at my place this weekend and i opened him up. He's not too bad. Will have some more thoughts on him to come, but I am now finished with the wave 1 Earthrise figures I wanted.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070762)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 6th, 2020 @ 7:54pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:ER Optimus is cool, but still not perfect. Much like Classics, SIEGE and ER Optimus are still a tad undersize.. And his trailer is especially undersize.. But still cool, and nice that there's a Roller to complete it.

IMO, the only thing truly unperfect about ER Optimus is the blandness of the trailer and that back hip panel. Still way better than the partforming or the classic mold and especially those damn annoying arms panels.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070763)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 6th, 2020 @ 8:00pm CDT

That back hip panel could have been avoided if they didn't try replicate the stupid cartoon waist.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070767)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 6th, 2020 @ 8:12pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:The trailer's blandness doesn't bother me as much as being undersize relative to the other Autobots does. But it's as good as could be had with him being a Leader-class and not a Commander-class, so wygd.

True that the trailer is undersized, but I prefer that over being oversized like too many trailers. Also, the ER trailer is just adorable and is not a shelf hog like the other trailers. When Toyhax will have a sale (or not), I'll buy the repros to fix the blandness issue. Eh, I already paid an arm and a leg for the Weapon Pack so might as well fully commit.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070772)
Posted by DeathReviews on July 6th, 2020 @ 8:37pm CDT
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070773)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on July 6th, 2020 @ 8:44pm CDT
DeathReviews wrote:So, Australia still can't find any kids dumb enough to buy those 'make me look like Skweeks' helmets, eh?

Bay-hating as usual, eh?

Regardless, may be some weird TLK overstock. Those keep reappearing out of nowhere over and over.
One day, my TrU suddenly have a ton of TLK voyager Hounds. Then a full shelf of TLK deluxes. and online, that horrid giant TLK Dragonstorm reappeared for a few days. Thankfully at 30$CAN instead of the initial 120$CAN.

TLK toys are like surprise zombies. Popping up when you least expect them.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070774)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 6th, 2020 @ 9:02pm CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:
o.supreme wrote:I've heard conflicting reports. Some say they are exactly the same as TT Legends, others say there are slight variances in paint...???

I'll take that as the differences being subtle to non-existent, depending on lighting and personal color interpretation. I'm more interested in news about their Autobot counterparts FastclashFastlane and Cloudraker.

Me too. The obvious expectation is that the Autobot set will be identical to the Takara version from a few years ago. However, nothing has proven that is the case yet. They might also redo the Hasbro versions, or create a new deco altogether. The Takara Decepticon Clones looked more cartoon accurate already, Rebirth or Headmasters, than the Hasbro deco. It really is all about which cartoon version Hasbro is going for, and I would assume they’d prefer the Rebirth character models.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070775)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 6th, 2020 @ 9:11pm CDT
Optimus' trailer

I brought down my Henkei Prime and it's definitely beefier in vehicle mode. And, yeah, FP's or BTS' trailer is even larger.

But still. The trailer is such a small part of the figure. And the figure is fantastic. Not perfect. But so close. The grey in the legs is more of a problem than the trailer. I think the trailer helps the vehicle mode immensely even if it's not as large as I'd want. Henkei does a lot differently than this figure does, but overall ER is still superior. I mean, I'd really have to put on my blinders and fill my post full of caveats to not see that. I still like Henkei Prime, but ER is fantastic. The new bar.

I was tempted to buy Bumblebee's Prime since it's another boxy truck alt mode. Between Siege, ER, and Evasion I've managed to get a small collection of boxy voyager Primes and I could compare them all directly.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070779)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 6th, 2020 @ 10:12pm CDT
My preferred Voyager G1 Optimus is still Combiner Wars for now. He has the look, and he scales better than SIEGE/ER or the Classics version - he's chart-perfect with SIEGE Sideswipe, in fact.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070781)
Posted by Gauntlet101010 on July 6th, 2020 @ 10:41pm CDT
To each his own.

I'm not sure if ER will actually take Henkei's place in my display right now. But he very well might. I don't have a lot of room and it may be nice to change things up a bit.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070790)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 7th, 2020 @ 2:09am CDT
Jelze Bunnycat wrote:Maybe a bit of a silly request but... are there comparisons of the ER Seeker mold with PotP Starscream?
It's a week late, but here you go. In jet mode ER is a bit longer, but PoTP has a wider wingspan. Their transformations are similar.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070792)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 7th, 2020 @ 3:01am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:and to think that there was a time when Bob Budiansky was going use this toy as a female without any hesitation:

Considering the character's arc in the Marvel comics from beginning to end, it would have made her a practically unparalleled heroine in the 80s. But if the personality was female, would the character have retained the bulky form, or would she have been treated like Arcee was? (After all, there was no Arcee in the comics, the US version anyway.) And would they have changed the character's storylines, relegating her to background character status?
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070793)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 7th, 2020 @ 3:04am CDT
I think Ratchet would have been a hard-partying girl, based on other early info. Or possibly simultaneously that and a battleax nurse. Battleax nurse is fairly likely considering who Ratchet is originally named after.

Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070794)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 7th, 2020 @ 3:08am CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:Re: the Starscream comparison, I knew PotP would be taller well before you took the pics. PotP Starscream has the height of Voyagers of yore.
Yeah and I didn't realize just how big the box for the PoTP figure is, there's so much unused space in there. I know the figure itself is a bit larger, but the ER box is almost half the size of the PoTP box.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070796)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 7th, 2020 @ 3:31am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:WJ, I have a second Seeker set if you’re interested. I was going to keep it MISB for display purposes but times are rough and despite what a bridge in El Paso says, it is NOT a great day to be a US soldier. Let me know if you’re interested ;)

Thanks! I'll be sure to keep that in mind. I do enjoy the thrill of the hunt, though, so I'm going to tough it out a little while longer to find the set in the wild myself. It makes it all the more satisfying. :)
Re: Transformers Earthrise Leader Class Wave 2 Found in Australian Retail (2070814)
Posted by Munkky on July 7th, 2020 @ 8:32am CDT
For those who have Doubledealer, is it worth buying? I'm planning on getting the Generations Selects cassette 4-pack that has Frenzy and Wingthing (just in case that Soundwave we saw in the leaked photos alongside the Cyclonus and Ramjet is a retool with a different alt mode), and seeing as that set has Knok and Skar as well I feel as if I should get Doubledealer to go along with them, but is it a decent enough figure?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Transformers BATTLE CORE OPTIMUS PRIME Combiner Wars Voyager White 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager Class Autobot Infinitus & Sentinel Prime 100%" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars CW Voyager Class Technobot Scattershot MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars KO Blast Off" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Scattershot Figure Box#1" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers RODIMUS PRIME Generations Titanium Die-cast Series 2006 OPEN" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Trilogy Barricade Takara Tomy Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Grand Scourge" on EBAY