Transformers News: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive

Friday, February 28th, 2020 5:11am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 24,352

Greetings Seibertronians! Fellow Seibertron user Sabrblade, has reported that Takara Tomy have announced that Earthrise figures Deluxe Class Alicon, Battlemaster Slitherfang and Voyager Class Judge Quintesson will be exclusive to Takara Tomy Mall in Japan. Below you can find the Japanese listings below, along with some new pictures. Among the pictures is a poor Battlemaster Smashdown being held captive in the Quintesson base mode, and a group of Alicons protecting a judge Quintesson.

Battlemaster Slitherfang on Takara Tomy Mall

Deluxe Class Alicon on Takara Tomy Mall

Voyager Class Judge Quintesson on Takara Tomy Mall

Don't forget to check out Seibertron's own New York Toy Fair 2020 galleries where you can see more photos of these and other forthcoming Transformers War for Cybertron: Earthrise releases.

What do you think about these? Excited to get your hands on them? Plan to army build Alicon? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Sabrblade from Seibertron, Takara Tomy Mall

This article was last modified on Friday, February 28th, 2020 4:25pm CST

Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054837)
Posted by Mechastrike on February 28th, 2020 @ 5:25am CST
i love it that the Quintesson Judge have a throne. i hope this comes in a set.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054842)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 28th, 2020 @ 8:34am CST
Mechastrike wrote:i love it that the Quintesson Judge have a throne. i hope this comes in a set.

The Judge comes with the throne as a Voyager. The deluxe Alicon and battlemaster Slitherfang are each separate.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054858)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on February 28th, 2020 @ 11:54am CST
Anyone else notice that Alicon has a different deco?
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054859)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2020 @ 12:01pm CST
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:Anyone else notice that Alicon has a different deco?
Some of Takara's Earthrise photos have been of earlier non-finalized versions of the figures, such as Takara's consistent use of the gray-handed Optimus.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054860)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on February 28th, 2020 @ 12:02pm CST
Okay thanks for the info.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054864)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 28th, 2020 @ 12:42pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:Anyone else notice that Alicon has a different deco?

To be fair, Hasbro used the gray hand prototype Optimus Prime again for the Toy Fair display last weekend, even though finalized samples have been on review for the past few months, and available at retail for the past few weeks. :lol:
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054865)
Posted by Cobotron on February 28th, 2020 @ 1:13pm CST

Seeing as the sale ends tomorrow (02/29) my hopes of finding Deluxes are fleeting.

But speaking of Prime...
He is super duper uber cool!!! I will say that having him next to Siege Prime feels a tad redundant. Because Siege P is SOOOO good.
But, if a hyper G1 thing is your thang, it's ER all the way. The way his truck front curls up into his chest cavity is damn near LADDER MAGIC!!!! :michaelbay:
But the transformation is down right glorious. The product of careful study of all Primes before him from all lines.

The way the front wheels are handled is his only shortcoming. Siege did that way better. But I really appreciate how they don't interfere with the waist swivel. Also the trailer feels a tad dinky, and I'm slightly miffed the drone is grey and silver instead of blue, but really fun to have non the less.
The Matrix and it's cavity is perfect! I didn't even see it was there until I really went looking.

Running out of space in the Collect-O-Tron has me on the verge of an entire collection reset. Can't believe I'm considering packing away my Classics. But, if this is the Prime to be THE PRIME on my shelves, I'll take it!
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054866)
Posted by LordBludgeon on February 28th, 2020 @ 1:16pm CST
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054867)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2020 @ 1:21pm CST
LordBludgeon wrote:Are these strictly Takara Tomy exclusives? Or will these be available in the states as well?
Hasbro showed them off at Toy Fair first.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054868)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 28th, 2020 @ 1:21pm CST

They're standard retail in the US. For some odd reason, TakaraTomy has decided to make a significant portion of the Earthrise line exclusive to TakaraTomy Mall for Japan. Still the same as the US versions thanks to brand unification mind you, same US names too.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054869)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on February 28th, 2020 @ 1:34pm CST
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054870)
Posted by aronjlove on February 28th, 2020 @ 1:35pm CST
Cobotron wrote:I've been working overtime to try to get this Target sale to work for me. I've had to be down right pesky asking employees to check in back. From the stock room I've found Grapple, and both leaders. I've also found the Micromasters on peg. Some decent savings for sure! Kudos to all the Target employees who don't seem to be bothered by my OCD approach. ;)^

But speaking of Prime...

How cool were the staff when you asked them to check in the back? I just went to the two Targets closest to my work and one had more Siege than ever before while the other had normal amount of Siege plus Trip-up and Daddy-O. I didn't think to ask the staff to check :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054871)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on February 28th, 2020 @ 1:42pm CST
AcademyofDrX wrote:I was expecting the Alicon figure to have inverted knees in its alt-mode, and many third party products take that approach. The renders and pictures suggest that level of articulation. Does anyone know if that pose is intended or possible? Should I even want them to pose like that?

Nope, the spike on the knee cap functions as a stopper. There's still the thigh swivel so you can turn the legs 180, but then you'd end up with ab upward facing toe.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054872)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on February 28th, 2020 @ 1:57pm CST
Am I the only one who'd like to see a Commander-class special version of it with all the features of the G1 trailer?
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054873)
Posted by Cobotron on February 28th, 2020 @ 2:02pm CST
aronjlove wrote:
Cobotron wrote:snip!
They've all been really nice and helpful. Some even went back, were gone for a good 10 minutes digging, and produced no Earthrise. It's totally worth asking. Just have them scan the DCPI code of the assortment you're after. ;)^

ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:@Cobotron The trailer is indeed a bit dinky, but it's the best we're getting within the limits of a CHUG Leader-class. And at least the drone detaches for fun.
Yeah, it's a tidbit underwhelming, but I'm not complaining at all. I'm really happy to have a CHUG style classic traditional Optimus either way.

A Commander Class would be cool, but really if I need a super deluxe trailer, I do have the MP trailer, so.... you know. That kind of does the job.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054874)
Posted by aronjlove on February 28th, 2020 @ 2:06pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
aronjlove wrote:
Cobotron wrote:snip!
Thanks!
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054875)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on February 28th, 2020 @ 2:10pm CST

Here's an idea for Hasbro, why not just sell a "all the bells and whistles" trailer on its own at the Voyager pricepoint somehow under the Selects line. I say Selects knowing that they have not had any unique/new molds yet, but I think selling just a trailer would be a hard sell at regular retail. While the first version might be pricey on the molds, they could redeco it for Nemesis Prime and probably one or 2 more decos, and then co-tool/re-tool parts to make a Magnus type car carrier and sell a few versions of that one too.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054876)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on February 28th, 2020 @ 3:10pm CST
So I just got grapple and it didn't even survive one transformation, the peg that connects his foot to his crane in vehicle mode snapped off in his foot, now it can't even use the combat system; thanks hasbro you suck
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054878)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on February 28th, 2020 @ 3:56pm CST
Speaking of the repair drone in Earthrise Optimus Prime's trailer being gray plastic and not blue, like the original toy, does the gray make it more "screen accurate" to the G1 cartoon? I've been trying to find a picture of the drone, which I'm not even sure was shown in the cartoon, but I've come up with nothing so far.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Slitherfang, Alicon and Judge Quintesson Listed As Takara Tomy Mall Exclusive (2054879)
Posted by o.supreme on February 28th, 2020 @ 3:59pm CST

Meh...it's a mixed bag

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #244 - Call Me Maybe
"Call Me Maybe"
Posted: Saturday, March 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Night Heatwave Toys &amp Games" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Quick Dig Boulder" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Legends LG-40 Astrotrain Voyager Figure Complete RARE" on EBAY
Buy "Bumblebee 4K Bluray 2018 Transformers Mint" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Graham Burns Artic Rescue Figure Tomy" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro - TRANSFORMERS - Playskool Heroes - RESCUE BOTS 2-1/2" Evil MORBOT - 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Vintage G1 Autobot Boom Box Radio Blaster" on EBAY
Buy "Lot of 5 Action Sci-Fi. Transformers (2), DeadPool, iRobot, Men in Black II" on EBAY