Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99

Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99

Thursday, November 19th, 2020 9:41pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 14,021

We have been getting several reports of the Adlis store stocking up on Transformers toys for the holidays. Specifically wave 2 of Earthrise. Not only do they seem plentiful, but they are also discounted to $17.99.

We have reports from North Dakota, Illinois and more. So if you are curious and have an Aldi's nearby, it might be worth a visit. At least now we see where all the plentiful stock Hasbro was speaking about previously ended up. We thank everyone who sent this info out way. The photos below were given to us by adamage, GeekyGamer Gal and Seibertron himself.

Transformers News: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's with Discount

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087356)
Posted by william-james88 on November 19th, 2020 @ 9:52pm CST
What was that about Siege Astrotrain being rare?

This pic was taken today.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087361)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on November 19th, 2020 @ 11:15pm CST
william-james88 wrote:What was that about Siege Astrotrain being rare?

This pic was taken today.

Well, he was...and now we know it was just tail-end-temporary-misplacement-syndrome.

And as for your question about my response to the Gigawatt thread yesterday Will, I haven't seen him in my neck of Michigan yet, and it's tempting to go to a still-existent TRU just to see all this!

As for Aldi's...was the last time something like this happened for non-Rescue-Bots that deluxe Prime wave about 8 years ago, cases of which later showed up at select 5-belows? To think, 8 years ago I just assumed Big Bad's Impossible Toys blowout sale was the only opportunity I'd have to army-build Alicons! Ist ein Weihnachtsmiracle after the horrors of 2020!
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087362)
Posted by william-james88 on November 19th, 2020 @ 11:20pm CST
Bumblevivisector wrote:
william-james88 wrote:What was that about Siege Astrotrain being rare?

This pic was taken today.

I can get that. I do sometimes go to my toysrus stores just to see that the items are there in large quantity even if I don't buy them due to being too pricey for me.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087364)
Posted by o.supreme on November 20th, 2020 @ 12:05am CST
william-james88 wrote:What was that about Siege Astrotrain being rare?

Never said he was rare, just never saw one in a store until a few days ago. Missing standard retail and showing up at market 6 stores (in the US at least) is a failure of the system. How nice of you to show your store thousands of miles away has tons of them. Hasbro sucks at didtribution blah blah blah weve beaten this horse to death.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087365)
Posted by william-james88 on November 20th, 2020 @ 12:19am CST
o.supreme wrote:
william-james88 wrote:What was that about Siege Astrotrain being rare?

You said he might be:

o.supreme wrote:Not now, and certainly not out of package, but 10 years down the road, maybe more, it will probably go up in value. I didn't purchase it, but so many wildly variant blister cards of toys on eBay sometimes sell for crazy prices if they are considered "rare" variants.

I am confirming he is not.

Also, just a nugget of info, a multitude of Toysrus stores are just 30 miles from the US. So if anything was worth the trouble, US people on e-bay could hop over the boarder and buy out the stock to resell it, augmenting supply and reducing rarity.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087371)
Posted by optimeow on November 20th, 2020 @ 3:46am CST
These logistic issues are benefiting scalpers living in those areas.
How easy to buy discounted items and ship them off to those of us who can't even find this wave on store shelves :(
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087388)
Posted by o.supreme on November 20th, 2020 @ 10:39am CST
william-james88 wrote:Also, just a nugget of info, a multitude of Toysrus stores are just 30 miles from the US. So if anything was worth the trouble, US people on e-bay could hop over the boarder and buy out the stock to resell scalp it,.

Fixed for ya.

Just like all those Rid2015 Kre-o sets, not at general retail in the U.S. Looks like the only ones going across the border to get those were scalpers. I begged Canadian fans for help but that didn't happen. Thankfully I did eventually get them at places like Ross/ Marshalls, but they were still heavily scalped.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087389)
Posted by Gundown113 on November 20th, 2020 @ 11:05am CST
I was one of the people that notified the admin about this! I deserve some credit! :evil:
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087392)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on November 20th, 2020 @ 11:26am CST
This Aldi find reminds me of way back when I was collecting MOTU 200X. I had never been in an Aldi before that point, but when word got out on the internet that Aldi was going to be the ONLY place in the U.S. to find the first wave of "MOTU vs. Snake Men" figures, I had no other choice. Ended up getting a full-sized stand-up carboard display branded with the Master of the Universe logo. I had some of my unopened chase figures displayed in that for quite a while.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087393)
Posted by Adimus Prime on November 20th, 2020 @ 11:31am CST
Thank you for sharing this. I finally found an Allicon today at Aldi.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087394)
Posted by sol magnus on November 20th, 2020 @ 11:33am CST
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087395)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on November 20th, 2020 @ 11:48am CST
I got my wave 2 online but now that I think about it, I've never seen any wave 2 figures in stores.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087396)
Posted by william-james88 on November 20th, 2020 @ 11:48am CST
sol magnus wrote:Aldi is indeed the ticket. I just got the entire wave minus Airwave (because I was never getting Airwave).

By contrast, Airwave is the only one from that wave I got (and wanted). By the way, I am a bit curious, why is this news so hot? Hasn't wave 2 been found for over a month now?
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087399)
Posted by sol magnus on November 20th, 2020 @ 11:58am CST
william-james88 wrote:

In my area, they are few and far in between. I found an Arcee and an Airwave in a month's time. I also found a Smokescreen box with an old insecticon figure in it.

I know people hate scalpers, but I hate cheaters far more.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087475)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on November 20th, 2020 @ 4:52pm CST
william-james88 wrote:

In so far as I have seen wave 2 has largely not shown up anywhere in the US in any meaningful way until now I guess
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087476)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on November 20th, 2020 @ 5:04pm CST
Hellscream9999 wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

I've seen them in the Chicago area for about a month and a half now, but they were a really slow trickle until the last 2 weeks.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087498)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 20th, 2020 @ 7:32pm CST
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087509)
Posted by Slashercon on November 20th, 2020 @ 11:04pm CST
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Just a thought, the easiest way to get new stock is to clear the old stock off shelves. With the holidays around the corner, I know there are toy drives like Toys for Tots that really need donations this year.

I've been doing exactly this at my local Walgreens. Bought the last POTP Wreck-Gar almost a year ago and right after that Siege Ratchet popped up.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087539)
Posted by Emerje on November 21st, 2020 @ 1:59am CST
william-james88 wrote:

Only wave 2 I've seen in stores is Snapdragon and Doubledealer. There are no Aldis in Maine (even though there are 8 in New Hampshire :roll: ) so that doesn't exactly help. Not that I need the help, I have all of wave 2 and most of wave 3 from Target.com, but I feel bad for other local collectors.

And Bluestreak continues to not be in my area. Checked two Walgreens Friday and still haven't found anything. One of the two removed their section for Marvel exclusives already (never saw anything on those pegs either) so I'm probably SOL finding these in person and will have to ask for help like I did last year.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Appearing at Aldi's for $17.99 (2087540)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on November 21st, 2020 @ 2:03am CST

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Steeljaw Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #264 - Kingdom Come
"Kingdom Come"
Posted: Sunday, November 22nd, 2020

Buy "Transformers Earthrise War for Cybertron Trilogy Deluxe Cliffjumper" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS WAR FOR CYBERTRON EARTHRISE MICROMASTER BOMBSHOCK & GROWL BM1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Earthrise Starscream war for cybertron" on EBAY
Buy "IDW Collection Phase Two Ser.: Transformers IDW Collection Phase Two by Flint..." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Animated Deluxe Class: Blackarachnia Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: AUTOCRACY TRILOGY By Chris Metzen & Flint Dille" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON BARRICADE, Cyberverse Legion 2011" on EBAY
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots SIDESWIPE & BUMBLEBEE Pull Back Action" on EBAY