Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail

Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail

Saturday, July 4th, 2020 1:32pm CDT

Category: Sightings
Posted by: ZeroWolf   Views: 20,098

Greetings Seibertronians! This news is for our fellow transformers fans down under! According to the Facebook page for Ozformers, Wave 2 of the Battlemasters class have been found in Australian retail. The wave consists of Slitherfang and a re-release of Siege Rung in Earthrise packaging.

Transformers News: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail

The sighting was made at the Gepps Crossing Toyworld in South Australia. The photo was supplied to Ozformers by a member of their community.

If you want to see more of Slitherfang, check out this video review here.

While these are now making their way to the shelves in Australia, it remains to be seen when they'll reach other places given current global developments. Rest assured though that we here at Seibertron will try and bring you the latest sighting news as we get it.

Are you wanting to pick these up? Let us know in the Energon Pub and stay tuned to Seibertron for all the latest news and reviews!

Credit(s): Ozformers Facebook Group

Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070389)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 4th, 2020 @ 1:52pm CDT
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070390)
Posted by -WonkoTheSane- on July 4th, 2020 @ 1:56pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Skritz wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:I noted that Megatron was firing on Scorponok back when we had the box reveal :-? I wonder what the angle is with it. Afterall according to the Japanese G1 timeline, Megs and Optimus did ally together for a while (the truce broke down in the lead up to the Japanese G2 release), megs became a good guy in the IDW stories, Transformers Prime had him renouncing evil at its end. I can't remember what happened with megs in the prime wars trilogy though, other than he was snarky as hell but wasn't the bad guy. Are we about to see a twist in this tale?

It would be so weird if the mandatory Megatron of the next line was an Autobot. :HEADHURTS:

Well there's plenty speculation that the next line will have a... Different sort of Megatron, of the purple dinosaur sort.

Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070394)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on July 4th, 2020 @ 4:14pm CDT
I remember from way back when that FoC Grimlock had a prototype with Beast Megatron's head. I wouldn't mind seeing that, even if the mold is 8 years old.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070395)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 4th, 2020 @ 4:24pm CDT
Maybe he'll be a brown dinosaur instead of a purple dinosaur.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070399)
Posted by Jeddostotle7 on July 4th, 2020 @ 4:48pm CDT
Imagine if he's a more scientifically-accurate Tyrannosaurus?

a.k.a.

imagine if he's a badass purple feathered T-Rex
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070405)
Posted by DMSL on July 4th, 2020 @ 5:40pm CDT
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070406)
Posted by o.supreme on July 4th, 2020 @ 5:52pm CDT
Jeddostotle7 wrote:Imagine if he's a more scientifically-accurate Tyrannosaurus?

a.k.a.

imagine if he's a badass purple feathered T-Rex

Nah, these are toys. Besides in another 30 years when scientists think they have still "more accurate" data for the appearance of Dinosaurs, people will complain then how inaccurate they appear now.

On another note. Remember way back in February when Target had a crazy BOGO free sale on mane Earthrise wave 2 and 3 voyagers and deluxe's? So where does anyone think wave 2 will appear first.

Well logically it appears they will show up in other places long before the U.S. But for U.S fans who wants to guess.... Target, Walmart, Amazon, Hasbro Pulse, or some other online retailer?
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070407)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 4th, 2020 @ 5:55pm CDT
o.supreme, the only thing stopping them from sculpting feathers onto a toy is show-accuracy. That and the fact that they might want to go with Transmetal Megs. Regular Megs has been done before, even if it was a while ago, plus aside from the MP his toys don't have major breakage issues. Unlike TM Megs' infamous waist.

a.k.a.

imagine if he's a badass purple feathered T-Rex
You know, WaywardInsecticon actually drew that.

DMSL wrote:Smokescreen looks cheap, those wheels...horrid, i think i will stick to my old CHUG Datsun brothers.
Aside from the visible snap pegs, these wheels look more like actual Datsun wheels They're not painted, but that's because other things have gobbled his paint allowance. The photos make the wheels look worse than they will in-hand, he's like 2-3 times his real size in the pics.

Consider also that ER Smokescreen will actually be properly distinct from Prowl and Bluestreak in altmode, unlike the Universe versions.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070408)
Posted by o.supreme on July 4th, 2020 @ 6:31pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:o.supreme, the only thing stopping them from sculpting feathers onto a toy is show-accuracy.

I think you and I interpret things differently, which is fine. I never stated feathers couldn't be done. I'm just stating my opinion that I don't think it's necessary.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070417)
Posted by SpikeyTigertron on July 4th, 2020 @ 7:30pm CDT
Maybe I missed the debate but id Siege and Earthrise are attempting scale, which one is more official at this point. Side by side it’s quite dramatically different. Other than ER Screamer’s beautiful jet mode. I do feel siege is more fun....
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070418)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on July 4th, 2020 @ 7:30pm CDT

The Siege versions of the Datsuns and the Countachs are much better than the old Classics and Universe figures imho. I don't begrudge anybody for not wanting to buy everything over again, and I'm glad everyone likes different things, but I can't imagine preferring the earlier ones. WfC is everything I ever wanted from Generations.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070419)
Posted by ZeldaTheSwordsman on July 4th, 2020 @ 7:58pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:

IMO it's a tradeoff with the Datsuns. The Universe versions have more paint, altmode weapon storage, Prowl has an actual transparent red lightbar instead of the SIEGE toy's cheater version, and all of them come with the shoulder cannons since they're integrated. But they all turn into a bland modern car mode, the only distinction with said car mode is lightbar/no lightbar, and they have Alternators-style legs instead of G1-accurate legs.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070423)
Posted by AcademyofDrX on July 4th, 2020 @ 8:31pm CDT
ZeldaTheSwordsman wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:

The paint deco is terrible, especially on Smokescreen, I could not care less about the lightbar, and the shoulder cannons are tiny and unlike their toy or cartoon counterparts.

I remember this was a big deal when Punch/Counterpunch came out, but I literally don't understand the appeal of weapons storage. I would much prefer weapons that can mount on the alt-mode, and I'm perfectly fine with baggies or bins to store weapons when they're not in bot mode. There's nothing wrong with people liking it, I literally can't imagine considering weapon storage as part of the overall value of a toy. I just can't understand it.

I'm G1 from youth, so obviously the toy and show accuracy is a big part of the appeal, but my favorite part of WfC, especially the '84/'85 group, if transforming. The Datsuns and Countachs have simple, intuitive, tactile, fun transformations that are head and shoulders above anything in the Classics era--except for the Seekers.

One of the reasons I'm not too upset double-dipping on Smokescreen is the engineering seems practically identical, so I know the new one will be fun. And at least with Prowl I'll be getting a new deco compared to Siege.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070424)
Posted by Burn on July 4th, 2020 @ 8:53pm CDT
Starseeker wrote:
Lore Keeper wrote:Image

Couldn't have said it better myself. It's becoming extremely frustrating.

And now you know how the rest of the world feels.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070432)
Posted by DeathReviews on July 4th, 2020 @ 10:31pm CDT
Bah! The wave 1 ER Battlemasters aren't even anywhere near my realm yet! And I haven't seen either of these up at Hasbro Pulse. What's the dealy-o?
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070434)
Posted by AutobotAlvaron on July 4th, 2020 @ 11:03pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
AutobotAlvaron wrote:Wow! Titan Scorponok looks GREAT!

:???: It seems like he's an all-new mold with no mold/ parts-sharing. Is that right? There were those who said he was a heavy re-mold of Omega Supreme.

I only wish he included his big orange rifle, his elevator, the other two double-cannons, & whatever city-mode bits Hasbro always leaves out due to budgetary restraints. Oh well, 3rd Party add-ons to the rescue, again! :lol:

I hope this mold gets a Black Zarak repaint/ remold. :P

Where did you hear that? I've never heard he was going to be a remold. The only titan to ever be a retool was Fortress Maximus.

I only meant that I hoped a Black Zarak got made from this mold. Since he has a different head & face, wouldn't that mean he NEEDS a re-mold or altogether new head-bot? :???:
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070435)
Posted by AutobotAlvaron on July 4th, 2020 @ 11:15pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:For what it's worth somebody on Facebook did a tear down of Scorponok and apparently the internals are the same as Omega Supreme.

With Titan Fort Max, the re-use of Metroplex parts is pretty obvious. I am curious, could you detail what "internals" Scorponok shares with Omega? Is it only stuff like ratchets, springs, & screws, or is any molded plastic carried over? Just looking at photos, it is hard to tell. :???:
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070436)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2020 @ 11:20pm CDT
AutobotAlvaron wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
AutobotAlvaron wrote:Wow! Titan Scorponok looks GREAT!

I hope this mold gets a Black Zarak repaint/ remold. :P

He was talking about your second paragraph, not your last sentence.
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070437)
Posted by AutobotAlvaron on July 4th, 2020 @ 11:28pm CDT
Re: Transformers Earthrise Wave 2 Battlemasters Found in Australian Retail (2070438)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 4th, 2020 @ 11:35pm CDT
AutobotAlvaron wrote:Oh, sorry about that. Guys on FaceBook speculated that since their sizes were similar that Scorponok would likely be a heavy re-tool of Omega Supreme, like Fort Max & Metroplex were. I passed on Fort Max, because he seemed too similar & cheated a bit much for my liking. I have a Carrobots Brave Max, complete with Master Sword & both large guns, so I am satisfied with that. I want both Omega & Scorpy, but I've been wondering about their molds, since I've read contradicting things about them.
Yeah, don't trust Facebook when it comes to things like that.

Buy "Transformers MPM04 Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Wreck-Gar" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Skytread" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #256 - Netflix and Siege
"Netflix and Siege"
Posted: Tuesday, August 4th, 2020

Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Flip Racers Heatwave the Fire-Bot" on EBAY
Buy "2013 Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Night Shadow Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS BERSERKER - THE LAST KNIGHT PREMIER EDITION. NEW!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return REPUGNUS LOOSE COMPLETE" on EBAY
Buy "ThreeA x Transformers Generation One Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Revenge of the Fallen Dead End Complete Deluxe ROTF" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War For Cybertron Brunt Figure Hasbro 2018 Aus Seller" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Stealth Force Hotrod Battle For Cybertron - SHARKTICONS" on EBAY