Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue

Transformers News: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue

Thursday, June 16th, 2011 1:59AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 42,253

Tokyo Toy Show 2011 is starting from today 16th June till 19th June 2011.
Reliable source that is now in the exhibition has just informed us that the Encore series Generation 1 Devastator giftset has been sighted at Takara Tomy booth.

According to our informant, the release date is at the end of the 2011 and cost approximately Japanese Yen 10500.

Stay tuned to Seibertron for further updates from Tokyo Toy Show 2011.
Credit(s): Mach
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240661)
Posted by Seibertron on June 16th, 2011 @ 3:05am CDT
If this is true, I'll finally have an excuse to bust out the yellow and orange G2 Constructicons as well as the European non-combining Constructicons. We'll have to have a Tonka truck themed week!!!

Man ... that'd totally help getting us to 2,500 galleries by the end of the year. All of those Constructicon galleries could amount to at least 27+ galleries, 28 if I do Action Master Devastator as well.
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240665)
Posted by ausbot on June 16th, 2011 @ 3:10am CDT
Crazydevi needs to do another run, but put the whole add on set as one big pack!
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240668)
Posted by Captziltoid on June 16th, 2011 @ 3:29am CDT
i mean seriously. about time. this is really the only re-issue that ive ever wanted
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240673)
Posted by JERRYUS PRIME on June 16th, 2011 @ 3:39am CDT
NA I HAVE DEVASTADOR N CRAZY DEVY UP GRADE....( SKYWARP64 )<-- :BOOM: CORRECT ME NOW LOL ........ :APPLAUSE: :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240685)
Posted by Chaoslock on June 16th, 2011 @ 4:21am CDT
Blurrz wrote:No Dinobots though. Their molds went down the pooper.

Well, Takara could allways storm the chinese factory where the dino KOs were made to get the molds back.
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240705)
Posted by gavinfuzzy on June 16th, 2011 @ 5:12am CDT
DAMN! That's expensive... but whatcha gonna do. A must buy for me.

Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240714)
Posted by Oilspill on June 16th, 2011 @ 5:21am CDT
Now that's a damn cool reissue!

I wonder if there will be any changes/improvements, like there were for Predaking.

Not that I can think of many improvements that are required for G1 Devy.
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240732)
Posted by CaSSeTteBOTs45 on June 16th, 2011 @ 6:06am CDT
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I so hope this is true! :D

:CON:
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240742)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 16th, 2011 @ 6:24am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:and by good stuff I mean best stuff.

That's an opinion, not a fact.

No No, I think there's a law somewhere. Maybe just in my head.

Now Crazy Devy has an excuse to finally get back and finish Devastator.
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240746)
Posted by Autobot032 on June 16th, 2011 @ 6:31am CDT
Oilspill wrote:Now that's a damn cool reissue!

Not that I can think of many improvements that are required for G1 Devy.

They could easily add ball joints to some portions of the component figures themselves. The legs would be next to impossible, given how they transform and combine, but arms and heads could be doable.

I doubt it'll be anything drastic.

LOST Cybertronian wrote:
Autobot032 wrote:
LOST Cybertronian wrote:and by good stuff I mean best stuff.

That's an opinion, not a fact.

No No, I think there's a law somewhere. Maybe just in my head.

Now Crazy Devy has an excuse to finally get back and finish Devastator.

Definitely just in your head. But hey, if that's how you like it, more power to ya! ;)^
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240747)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on June 16th, 2011 @ 6:31am CDT
This is just freakin' awesome. Now this mold had legal issues involved and that's why Hasbro never re-released it?? Maybe by next Botcon they will release the G2 set. I think its now a matter of time for Stunticon fans to get Menasor then all will be right with the world. At least for that moment...'nuff said! :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240748)
Posted by Tigertrack on June 16th, 2011 @ 6:38am CDT
Love the displayability of the box set.

I may buy this.... x 2 to finally try out Crazy Devy stuff.
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240754)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 16th, 2011 @ 6:52am CDT
$130.14 at the current conversion rate..

I have the G1's opened and displayed however I may get this to display MISP.
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240758)
Posted by alternator77 on June 16th, 2011 @ 7:01am CDT
well with this announcement im officially off the tfc devy bandwagon and will get this reissue happily he was my first combiner and will be mine again. thanks hastak.
who knows maybe well get an american release?
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240760)
Posted by alternator77 on June 16th, 2011 @ 7:02am CDT
who knows maybe well get an american release?
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240768)
Posted by Stockade on June 16th, 2011 @ 7:25am CDT
I just want this and just keep it sealed!
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240774)
Posted by Counterpunch on June 16th, 2011 @ 7:40am CDT
I've been waiting nearly 25 years for Round 2 with this Devastator asshole.

I got the giftset one fine morning at my Grandma's over summer and that punk Hook's leg broke right off, first transformation. Naturally, I was enraged as a 5 or 6 year old kid and swore that I would only buy Takara when I grew up.

Then my Grandma took Devastator back and we got Defensor instead.

Defensor only has love in his heart where Devastator is an evil sack of shit.

(Also, I was dumb as hell as a child and had no idea what to do with those hoses that came with Hotspot.)
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240780)
Posted by Neurie on June 16th, 2011 @ 7:56am CDT
Reissuing the most bootlegged gestalt?

Interesting idea, problem is any one who wnats one probabaly already owns a good version between all the high quality bootlegs, mexican releases foriegn releases etc.

I can see this being the new skylynk and being a shelf warmer after a while and knocked out on discount, but hey atleast it was yet another Bruticus reissue.

Now when they get to Road Ceaser or Dino King I'll get excited.
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240781)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 16th, 2011 @ 8:06am CDT
Lot's of time to save. Devastator here I come(and Takara, please up the ante on QC :-$ )

All I need now is Computicon and Abominus.
Re: Transformers Encore G1 Devastator Giftset Reissue (1240809)
Posted by freaky777 on June 16th, 2011 @ 9:12am CDT
grimdragon2001 wrote:
freaky777 wrote:Wow so getting this, this + the 3rd party Devy + ROTF Devy means a whole complete sets of devy finally. Only one missing is the energon Devy, since they re-released Bruticus and Superion they should release it also.

energon devy was the first to be rereleased, back in 07 with the classics line as a walmart exclusive

Well 2 things:

1) I don't live in the US..
2) I started collecting in 2009..

So that's makes me unable to get hold of this current set at an affordable price, I saw a few that is way overpriced.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #224 - TCG Siege Strategy
"TCG Siege Strategy"
Posted: Thursday, May 30th, 2019

Buy "Transformers BotBots Series 1 ANGRY CHEESE Grilled Cheese Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG06 Gelshark Painted JP" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations 30th Anniversary Voyager Class Sky-byte (Sky Bite) Comp" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 1 Ravage And Rumble Cassette Two Pack KO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sky-Byte Shark Great Colors/Condition Incomplete see listing Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee VW Beetle with Charlie Figure 1:24 Scale Jada 30114" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Laserbeak" on EBAY
Buy "NEW Transformers Cyberverse Shadow Striker Action Figure Stealth Sniper Shot NEW" on EBAY