Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail

Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail

Monday, January 8th, 2018 2:44am CST

Category: Collectables
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 10,477

Fellow Seibertronian Hotconvoy has some news for us regarding Valentines Day, the next festivity / holiday / commercial excuse featuring Transformers items: a pack of Valentines cards sporting the designs nicknamed 'evergreen'!

The pack of 27 lenticular cards priced at $2.79-$2.99 were spotted in a City Market - the Kroger owned chain that operates in Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and New Mexico - and each pack appears to have 9 designs featuring Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, Megatron, Soundwave, and Starscream in a number of poses and combinations. In addition, the designs are lenticular, meaning that tilting the card will give you different images on the same card (up to three, it seems like from the packaging). Check out the images shared with us below, which hail from Littleton, CO!

Transformers News: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail

Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930414)
Posted by WreckerJack on January 8th, 2018 @ 3:09am CST
I had to google lenticular:

len·tic·u·lar
lenˈtikyələr
adjective
shaped like a lentil, especially by being biconvex.
"lenticular lenses"
relating to the lens of the eye.

Makes me wonder how they will look outside the box. I am assuming they are those things that change when you move them, I used to have some 3d bookmarks with monsters on them as a kid. I also wonder if kids still give valentine cards to friends at school considering how many things are banned in schools these days.
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930416)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 8th, 2018 @ 3:28am CST

But like the Hallmark TF Christmas Tree "decorations".
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930417)
Posted by Deadput on January 8th, 2018 @ 3:37am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:These are just a way to sell TF products. Most girls wouldn't choose them to send to a lad and most boys wouldn't send them to a girl. The fact that they sell them in packs of 27 and that the greeting is on the back is also a big hint that these are basically TF pictures sold under the guise of Valentine's Day cards.

But like the Hallmark TF Christmas Tree "decorations".

Did your school do the whole give Valentine's day cards to the class thing?

No one ever gave personalized valentine day cards every kid got their parents to buy packs of cards like these to give to our class.

That's what these are for.
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930418)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 8th, 2018 @ 3:41am CST
Deadput wrote:

But like the Hallmark TF Christmas Tree "decorations".

Did your school do the whole give Valentine's day cards to the class thing?

That's what these are for.

Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930419)
Posted by Va'al on January 8th, 2018 @ 3:57am CST
I bought a previous TF pack of things and sent them all to Burn one year.

I'm planning on getting these for both Burn, some of my friends, and my partner, this year.

The school card exchange thing is a very North American tradition, not to be found in the UK, as Mr So Fun at Parties explained above. But also...

If you really think that geek and nerd interests are limited to boys only, and/or that no one would find a silly cute card with robots on it ..well, silly and cute, I pity your childhood and understand a lot more about your fun demeanour now.

EDIT:
These are just a way to sell TF products.

Duh-doi.
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930420)
Posted by Burn on January 8th, 2018 @ 4:03am CST
...bastard beat me to it again.
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930421)
Posted by Va'al on January 8th, 2018 @ 4:08am CST
Burn wrote:...bastard beat me to it again.

:x
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930422)
Posted by Deadput on January 8th, 2018 @ 4:39am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:And God help anyone that bought something like a Transformers card... Your social life would be OVER.

There were worse then Transformers cards, there were many different brands and themes.

It's a children's thing that was constant in Elementary, sometimes but starting to fade away in middle school, and non existent in High school.

People gave and did a lot worse in the schools I've been at (And my younger sibling's been at) and their social lives were fine.
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930424)
Posted by WreckerJack on January 8th, 2018 @ 5:27am CST
Va'al wrote:

I actually met my girlfriend because of transformers. We started talking because we both read MTMTE and decided to become friends. Eventually we started dating. Also a female friend of mine introduced me to Transformers to begin with because she wanted to watch a TF movie with friends from class. She's also responsible for getting me hooked on TFP. I have another friend who had me watch G1 with her and she has been a fan since Transformers came out when she was a teen.

Yanno considering all these women in my life like Transformers and now they make Transformer valentine cards... maybe chicks dig giant robots? 8-)
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930425)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 8th, 2018 @ 6:13am CST
Va'al wrote:I bought a previous TF pack of things and sent them all to Burn one year.

EDIT:
These are just a way to sell TF products.

Duh-doi.

It's not my past, it's the state of mainstream British culture (past and present), especially with regards to Transformers. It's not that popular in the UK.

Also, with regards to Valentine's Day, cards are meant to be romantic (or sexy), or cute in the UK. That's it. In the past and now, kids simply don't send cards of this type to one another. Girls, on the whole, in the UK, don't rock the nerd stuff.

Obviously, like you said, these are US cards, but I always thought those were small cards sent at (Elementary) school, not bigger ones like these TF ones?

And who said I wasn't fun? I may have had some very interesting experiences involving the fairer sex and TFs (ones a which Sikomofo can only draw from imagination, and not recollection) ;) .

You know nothing, Joahanna Snow ;)
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930426)
Posted by That_Guy on January 8th, 2018 @ 6:49am CST
I saw these two days ( I kid you not) after Christmas at my local Walmart in Clearwater, FL. Along with that they already have Easter candy out behind the register line. Almost scared if it's last year's Easter Candy.
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930431)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 8th, 2018 @ 8:55am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:In the UK, that never happened. Boys usually bought INDIVIDUAL cards for a girl they liked, then signed it "From ?" and snuck it into the bag of the form they liked and that was that. No reward, just heartbreak or the pain of unrequited love. If the girl found out, it was instant social life death. Sometimes boys might get a card (very rare) and the same happened. Neither party knew who sent the cards. Normally, though, only popular boys or girls got a card. For everyone else, it was a normal day.

It definitely happened in the UK at my primary school in the late 80s but not in my secondary school.
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930450)
Posted by engledogg on January 8th, 2018 @ 11:33am CST
A few days ago, I found a different set at Dollar General as well.
IMG_2217.JPG

IMG_2218.JPG

Not as cool as the lenticular ones, but not bad for a buck.

MIKE
engledogg
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930458)
Posted by Va'al on January 8th, 2018 @ 12:01pm CST
Nice! I may need to get someone to pick me a set up of one or the other.. :-?
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930461)
Posted by Chibi Starscream on January 8th, 2018 @ 12:48pm CST
I saw these too the other day at my Wal-Mart. I like the G1-ish designs. It's the same style and pictures used on the stickers and posters from the Radz 4 in 1 candy surprise.
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930668)
Posted by primalxconvoy on January 9th, 2018 @ 3:37pm CST
Carnivius_Prime wrote:

Really? What type of cards were sent? The American style ones (like these TF cards), or more romantic ones?
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1930757)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 10th, 2018 @ 8:51am CST
primalxconvoy wrote:

I can only vaguely recall cos it's nearly 30 years ago but I do remember some were generic store bought and some we just made ourselves (which I preferred to do cos I was arty. Was same sorta time I made a cardboard model of Blaster's tapedeck form actually) and photocopied before colouring.
Re: Transformers 'Evergreen' Designs Lenticular Valentines Cards at US Retail (1938010)
Posted by no-one on February 12th, 2018 @ 12:59pm CST
I spotted these slightly different ones at Target last weekend.

20180210_111040.jpg

20180210_111052.jpg

Is "thumb war" a new innuendo the kids are using now?

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Armada Megatron Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers R.e.d. MEGATRON Vinyl RED Series Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers WFC War For Cybertron Siege Battle Masters Blowpipe MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Battle Masters - BLOWPIPE (NEW)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Sludge Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Slag Slug Power of the Primes Combiner MOSC Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Alpha Trion Reaction Action Figure Retro Articulated Super7" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ReAction Wave 2 Shrapnel Action Figure Articulated Super7" on EBAY