Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia

Monday, August 8th, 2016 8:34pm CDT

Category: Game News
Posted by: Bronzewolf   Views: 30,099

Australian Seibertronians, this bit of news is for you! It seems, according to an article from EuroGamer.net sent to us by user (and staff member) Burn, the 2012 game Fall Of Cybertron got a surprise Aussie rerelease today, potentially celebrating the 30th anniversary of Transformers: The Movie. The game is now available for the first time on the Xbox One and Play Station 4 consoles, through their respective online stores. This coming after news broke earlier this year about a potential release. So tell us, will you be celebrating the big 30 by playing a little FOC, Australian Transformers fans?
And, as always, keep it tuned right here for all the latest and greatest transformers news on the net!

Credit(s): EuroGamer, Burn

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1813449)
Posted by Kurona on August 8th, 2016 @ 8:45pm CDT
Oh cool, hope it comes to the UK soon.
... I say, with neither an Xbone or a PS4.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1813500)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 9th, 2016 @ 12:49am CDT
It's on the UK PS4 store this morning too.
I'm not really fussed. I hated War for Cybertron so probably wouldn't like this one. Maybe get it in a sale like I did with Dark Spark (I like the movie levels in that one) and Devastation (just one of my all time fave games even though I'm not a fan of the TFG1 cartoon).

I hope that somehow they can release the PS2 Transformers: Armada game to PS4 like many other PS2 games recently that have all got higher resolutions than the original PS2 releases, trophies, and make use of PS4 features like broadcasting and shareplay.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1813541)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 9th, 2016 @ 8:00am CDT
Its definitely an awesome game even though the ending does leave it a bit open ended (but that's okay). Glad it's becoming available on backwards compatibility on newer consoles. I'll most likely cling to my PC for gaming though. I'm actually replaying the campaign at the moment to get all the extras since last time I just kind of charged through it all the way.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1813617)
Posted by frogbat on August 9th, 2016 @ 11:27am CDT
I had both war for and fall of cybertronian on the PS3

At its time it was the best tf game available and enjoyed it especially the story and certain atmosphere created on cybertron.

I wouldn't spend the money getting it fore the ps4 like I've done in the past for naughty dog games getting ported over... However for those who haven't played it it's worth checking out. Tho I recall foc being a bit buggy in certain parts.

My favourite game remains devastation short as it was, it was more fun.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1813672)
Posted by Tyrannacon on August 9th, 2016 @ 1:31pm CDT
frogbat wrote:I had both war for and fall of cybertronian on the PS3

My favourite game remains devastation short as it was, it was more fun.

Personally I prefer WFC and FOC over other TF games myself. Just the ending of FoC was very open-ended while we do know the end result, it just was a bit of a let down in regards to that for me. Makes it feel incomplete in a way. FoC was fine for me on the PC, but I did play both of them on PC anyways. WFC was a bit buggy though, but wasn't as bad as say anything game breaking. I do prefer FoC's multiplayer over WFC actually. The customization is the best part.

I heard good things about Devastation, but yeah the central complaint was that it's short. I might try to go for it next and see how I do. I just want to be able to play as a Decepticon.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1815263)
Posted by Jazz813 on August 14th, 2016 @ 4:40pm CDT
I will not play this game as hardcore as the Xbox 360 version but I surely will take it on the Xbox One. Because in my opinion this game is the best game at the moment and a totally must have.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1927790)
Posted by Bronzewolf on December 23rd, 2017 @ 1:28am CST
Some unfortunate news has been floating around the interwebs today regarding the Activision Transformers video games War For Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron, Devastation, and Rise of the Dark Spark. It seems that all of these titles have been removed from both the Steam store and the Play Station store. It's currently up to speculation as to why, and if they will return to the stores any time soon. Reports also indicate that the DLCs for the various games are also unavailable, but the games are available for purchase and download on both the XBox and Nintendo stores.

Obviously, physical copies are still available and installable.

If there are any updates to this story, (which there most likely will be), you'll hear about it here, on Seibertron.com!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1927792)
Posted by Trikeboy on December 23rd, 2017 @ 1:44am CST
The price of physical copies will now skyrocket
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1927797)
Posted by nemesisorion on December 23rd, 2017 @ 4:27am CST
Im not suprised the alignment continuity is over wfc foc since 2 months ago since rid freedom fighters episode ended
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1927811)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on December 23rd, 2017 @ 9:08am CST
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1927818)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on December 23rd, 2017 @ 10:03am CST
Guess Activision don't have the TF license anymore? I'm assuming that the games still exist on the servers for those who already bought them to redownload? That's the way it was with the X-Men and Simpsons arcade games Konami re-released on PS3 and XBox before removing them from purchase some time later? I have Devastation and Dark Spark and they were the only two I liked anyways (didn't actually play FoC but had WfC on my PS3 back when i used to buy discs on release day and completed it and hated it and sold it within one week).
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1927857)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on December 23rd, 2017 @ 2:18pm CST
If its still on xbox and nintendo then its not a license thing, if they lost it then the games would be gone from all marketplaces. Im guessing it has to do with what ever distribution deal they made with sony & steam
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1927873)
Posted by WreckerJack on December 23rd, 2017 @ 4:33pm CST
Mr.MicroMaster wrote:Darn it. I used to have it on my Xbox then my copy got ruined and I meant to get it on steam.

I'd pick it up as soon as possible before the price rises.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1927888)
Posted by blackeyedprime on December 23rd, 2017 @ 6:37pm CST
current rumor is all the transformer games are going from Xbox by end of the week (all TF games have been pulled from Steam and PS4 not just the ones mentioned here). https://www.trueachievements.com/n31015 ... mers-games

As much as I disliked the cybertron games (dinobot origin screw over shudders) FoC is only available digitally on xbox one and with no physical release so I might have to pick it up. The devestation skin packs will be unavailable too so I better get my codes used.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1928471)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on December 27th, 2017 @ 10:06pm CST
Is the DLC for Fall of Cybertron still up on the xbox one store.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1928557)
Posted by blackeyedprime on December 28th, 2017 @ 12:32pm CST
the DLC is supposedly included with the game (just multiplayer skins and an extra gun for campaign) just completed the campaign again but cant say for sure if the dlc is there (it adds no extra game score, the only dlc with gamer score is for ROTF on Xbox 360).
Still an empty hollow game experience imho and I forgot how bad jetfires voice is (sounds more like Ironhide which doesnt fit his scientist role at all).
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1931104)
Posted by Va'al on January 12th, 2018 @ 5:45am CST
As we reported back before the end of the year (see the story here), Activision Transformers videogames War For Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron, Devastation, and Rise of the Dark Spark have been removed from multiple platform stores, such as Steam, XBox, and PlayStation.

Thanks to fellow Seibetronian Sunstar, we have now confirmation of the actual reason for the removal of the games, and it is exactly what numerous readers and players have suggested: the contract between Hasbro and Activision has expired. IGN has more information on the story, as you can read below, and you can follow this link for a longer piece hammering the point.

Hasbro confirmed to IGN its contract with Activision to publish Transformers games has expired. However, Hasbro is not at this time discussing what, if any, plans it might have for Transformers games on PC and consoles in the future. Multiple mobile games, including Transformers: Forged to Fight, are still ongoing, however.

IGN has reached out to Activision for more details about the contract expiration and will update this story should they respond.

" frameallow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen>
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1931107)
Posted by frogbat on January 12th, 2018 @ 6:51am CST
Pity as I really enjoyed some of their recent output as it was quite G1 centric. Was hoping for a sequel to devastation.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1931109)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 12th, 2018 @ 7:04am CST
It doesn't come as much of a surprise, though I wonder who they'll grant the licence to now? Personally I would love to see a tactical game like the super robot wars/Fire Emblem/Advance Wars/ Valkryia Chronicles games. Handheld or switch, I'm easy
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron now Available on Xbox One and PS4 in Australia (1931113)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on January 12th, 2018 @ 8:39am CST
Yep that's what I thought. I like having Devastation and Dark Spark on my PS4. Wouldn't mind if something similar to Forged to Fight (in mixing and matching bots from various universes) would come out on console and still action (I dislike stuff like RPGs and turn based battle strategy things)

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "DECEPTICON BERSERKER PREMIER EDITION TRANSFORMERS THE LAST KNIGHT" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of the Primes Voyager Class Elita-1 - New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Megatron and Decepticon Berserker action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Exclusive Cyber Battalion Class Shockwave Figure NEW!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers CYBERVERSE REPUGNUS TARGET EXCLUSIVE!  Loose, Complete!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers - Shockwave - Walgreens Exclusive Cyber Battalion" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS TRYPTICON TITANS RETURN GENERATIONS With Brunt Serial 71561" on EBAY
Buy "NEW SEALED Hasbro Transformers Alternators Decepticon NEMESIS PRIME RARE" on EBAY