Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con

Friday, October 14th, 2011 12:55pm CDT

Categories: Game News, Digital Media News
Posted by: Seibertron   Views: 98,880

Activision has unveiled the Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer, which was revealed this week at the New York Comic Con (NYCC). The video features the bad ass Dinobot commander Grimlock!

Activision wrote:Currently in development by the acclaimed team at High Moon Studios, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron takes fans through the final, darkest hours of the civil war between the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS as they fight for control of their dying planet, ultimately leading to their storied exodus from home.

Check out the video below or by watching it on the official Seibetron.com YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAV0Z-tyjXQ

You can see all of Seibertron.com's coverage of the Transformers Fall of Cybertron game by clicking here.

Credit(s): Activision

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300325)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:04pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300326)
Posted by starwarrior1227 on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:06pm CDT
ME GRIMLOCK KICK BUTT! :BOT:
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300330)
Posted by Wigglez on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:22pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I'm still not understanding how Grimlock can be a dinosaur when he hasn't been to Earth, or maybe he has I dunno, this WAS millions of years ago so he might have I suppose. Either way, I hope they explain it, even if they don't though, YEEAAAHHH GRIMLOCK!!! :KREMZEEK:

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300333)
Posted by Rhinox23 on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:29pm CDT
wigglez323 wrote:I second this. In the Gameinformer it says him transforming into the trex is a result of shockwave experimenting on him, but I don't know how shockwave got the idea.
Actually, that's not as far fetched as it may first appear. This would also help explain Laserbeak's appearance as a bird. If Soundwave has been collecting info. from prehistoric Earth then this is entirely possible. I can't wait to see how they work this in!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300335)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:31pm CDT
Three answers for this. For one, this is not G1.

Two, Trypticon was a dino in WFC, yet there's no issue about that.

Thirdly, Shockwave captured, experimented on, and reformatted the Lightning Strike Coalition into the Dinobots, according to Grimlock's two bios.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300336)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:32pm CDT
Holy crap! I hope Grimlock isn't the only Dinobot, but even if he is, very, very cool.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300337)
Posted by philtron3030 on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:33pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300340)
Posted by El Duque on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:36pm CDT
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300341)
Posted by Lord Onixprime on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:37pm CDT
philtron3030 wrote:Didn't wheeljack create the dinobots on earth? :-B never the less grimlock loots pretty awesome.

WFC/FOC =/= G1

Different continuities.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300342)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:38pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Shouldn't be hard to explain. Maybe Shockwave sent probes out into space to scan species from different planets.
Or he used Trypticon's design for inspiration. ;)

Lord Onixprime wrote:

WFC/FOC =/= G1

Different continuities.
Thank you!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300343)
Posted by SJ21 on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:41pm CDT
YYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300344)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:47pm CDT
SWEET GOD 0_0
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300345)
Posted by El Duque on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:49pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Or he used Trypticon's design for inspiration. ;)

Lord Onixprime wrote:

WFC/FOC =/= G1

Different continuities.
Thank you!

Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300348)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 14th, 2011 @ 1:59pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Of course Trypticon had to get his design somewhere. There needs to be some connection to earth though. Pretty unlikely that Trypticon randomly has a robot mode that coincidentally looks just like an earth dinosaur.
Well, I haven't finished Exiles yet, so I dunno how far Earth and Cybertron are apart. but given how this time period is set at a point that is loooong before they reach Earth, I say that such contacts with Earth may not be entirely likely.

Plus, Animated introduced the idea of Cybertron having dino-esque fauna of its own, with Animated Zaur resembling an Earth-style dinosaur, but being referred to as a "Brontobot". So, maybe the Aligned Continuity's Cybertron could have its own dino-like wildlife.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300354)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on October 14th, 2011 @ 2:10pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Three answers for this. For one, this is not G1.

Two, Trypticon was a dino in WFC, yet there's no issue about that.

Yeah I know it's not G1, not worried about that, I like new continuities and back stories and such.

I was wondering about the Trypticon thing too when it came out but I didn't say anything then.

I never heard of the lightning strike coalition.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300356)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on October 14th, 2011 @ 2:13pm CDT
WHO CARES HOW HE GOT A TREX FORM. HE'S HUGE, HAS BIG SHARP TEETH, AND A HUGE SLAGGING SWORD. I WANT GRIMLOCK......I CAN'T FREAKING WAIT.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300358)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on October 14th, 2011 @ 2:15pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Plus, Animated introduced the idea of Cybertron having dino-esque fauna of its own, with Animated Zaur resembling an Earth-style dinosuar, but being referred to as a "Brontobot". So, maybe the aligned Continuity's Cybertron could have its own dino-like wildlife.

Actually, along that line of thinking. I've always seen some of the movie transformers as Cybertronian "Wildlife" like Devastator, Laserbeak, Ravage, the Micro-Cons/Reedman, Insecticon, The Driller/Rumble (not an official alternate name, I just like calling him Rumble), Hatchet, and Steeljaw. If there were other Beast Mode transformers in the movies I just forget them at the moment. Anyway, I've always figured them to be a form of Cybertronian wildlife, so for all we know the creatures that Laserbeak, Trypticon, AND Grimlock turn into are all just forms of Cybertronian wildlife! Makes the planet seem a bit more interesting to me.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300359)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 14th, 2011 @ 2:17pm CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I never heard of the lightning strike coalition.
It's a term from the War Within comics that was carried over into this series too. In both the War Within and here, the Lightning Strike Coalition was the name of the pre-Dinobot team on Cybertron before they got their dino altmodes (though, the War Within verison also included some non-Dinobot members).
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300364)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on October 14th, 2011 @ 2:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I never heard of the lightning strike coalition.

Ah, interesting. Thank you kindly.
Re: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron teaser trailer revealed at New York Comic Con (1300376)
Posted by partholon on October 14th, 2011 @ 2:42pm CDT
YEAH baby !

man i cant wait for this game. why the hell did it take THIS long for us to get the chance to play as grimlock ?

i dont care how nuts it is to have him have a t rex alt mode on cybertron, its too damn cool to pass up

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Mirage New MIB Optimus Maximus Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Optimus Prime New MIB Ultra Prime Combiner Autobot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Twinferno - New and unopened" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Mindwipe + Headmaster Vorath deluxe class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Weirdwolf Wolfwire + Headmaster Monxo deluxe class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron Siege Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return - Skytread - Titan Master - Hasbro 2015" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Hasbro War For Cybertron siege voyager Apeface" on EBAY