Transformers Friday is Here!

Transformers Friday is Here!

Friday, September 30th, 2011 6:48am CDT

Category: Movie Related News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 51,961

Good morning fellow Seibertronians. You know what today is? That's right, today is Transformers friday! It's time to run out to the stores to procure your copy of Transformers Dark Of The Moon on DVD or Blu-Ray.

You can get the regular release cover featuring Optimus Prime:

Wal-Mart Exclusive Sentinel Prime cover:

Best Buy Bumblebee/Shockwave Exclusive slip cover:

Credit(s): Wal-Mart, Best Buy

Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1294937)
Posted by NemesisMonkeySupreme on September 30th, 2011 @ 8:02am CDT
oh…
I thought Transformers Friday was gonna be something good.
>:oP
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1294938)
Posted by Chandler Prime 1 on September 30th, 2011 @ 8:03am CDT
YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dats wut Im talkin about and Dus Is what we live for.........Time to go spend some more money on diffrent versions of the movie

Today we bring the Battle to them !!!!
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1294940)
Posted by KnightStrike on September 30th, 2011 @ 8:21am CDT
Has there ever been any more info about the musical score getting a CD release? I remember when it was pulled and the pre-orders were cancelled there was mention of a special edition bluray/dvd release with the score CD. That being the case, and knowing there is bound to be a trilogy box with some sort of bonus before long here in the US and I can't get myself to spend money on this release. Times are too lean financially to keep falling for the double or triple dip.
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1294941)
Posted by KnightStrike on September 30th, 2011 @ 8:28am CDT
Just got to thinking how much I miss the days of getting excited and running out to buy a movie or album as soon as it was released without having to worry about researching which place to buy to get the best version of it and getting special features or all the songs without buying the bare bones version then seeing the "special edition" with bonus features, footage, or tracks a few months later. Pretty ridiculous that even video games are doing this now.
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1294945)
Posted by Mykltron on September 30th, 2011 @ 8:33am CDT
It's not Transformers Friday in the UK. We don't get the release for another two months.
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1294948)
Posted by CC-Kallen on September 30th, 2011 @ 8:48am CDT
Looks like the final version of the Sentinal cover is a bit different, it looks like.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Transform ... ray/29363/

This one looks much better. :D

But still, Best Buy slip for me. <.<
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1294949)
Posted by Bleak5170 on September 30th, 2011 @ 8:55am CDT
No bonus features = no buy. Normally I don't even care about bonus features, but with something like Transformers I want to see them all.
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1294953)
Posted by joevill on September 30th, 2011 @ 9:29am CDT
LOST Cybertronian wrote:Don't forget that the Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack comes with a $10.00 off coupon for the Ultimate Edition 3D Blu-ray. There is no info at this time when this edition is released. When do you think it will come out and kind of bonus features do you think it will have?

I think I may just wait until the Ultimate Edition to come out so instead of saving $10 I will save an additional $10-$20.
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1294984)
Posted by tattood-transformer on September 30th, 2011 @ 11:03am CDT
@Knightstrike

I have a copy of the score hit me up PM and I will send you a copy if you like.
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1294999)
Posted by RiddlerJ on September 30th, 2011 @ 11:40am CDT
At least there's no version that has additional IMAX footage that the other versions don't, right?

...right? :-(
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1295013)
Posted by LiKwid on September 30th, 2011 @ 12:20pm CDT
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1295020)
Posted by joevill on September 30th, 2011 @ 12:39pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:The wal mart covers also had a peel off coupon for $5 a DOTM toy purchase of $5.99 or higher. Come in handy later when the new deluxes start rollin out, pickin em up for $4.88 is nice :)

Nice! Good to Know!
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1295028)
Posted by rpetras on September 30th, 2011 @ 12:57pm CDT
I really want the transformable Megatron case that matches the previous 2 releases.

Is that going to be a Target Exclusive at some point?
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1295104)
Posted by freakzero1981 on September 30th, 2011 @ 4:49pm CDT
went to best buy this morning and picked up my copy.it only took a 20 dollar bill to get it,as it was sold for 17.99,the coupon being mentioned for the walmart cover is lame as the walmart round my area has the same coupon in the toy section,got some of those for free for future purchases.so the best buy version was a sure win.now back to my movie... 8)
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1295167)
Posted by GadgetMeli9685 on September 30th, 2011 @ 7:32pm CDT
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1295168)
Posted by LadyBug on September 30th, 2011 @ 7:41pm CDT
GadgetMeli9685 wrote:Does anyone know when the 2 Disc Bonus Feature will be released? I don't want any special editions or ultimate editions just bonus features. Was very disappointed in Walmart and Target for not having the bonus feature ones yet. Sadly, it's been like that A LOT with movies lately.

I dunno. I'm just waiting for the trilogy release my self. There's still no word on that one yet. I'm presuming by the holiday season at least.
Re: Transformers Friday is Here! (1295295)
Posted by Regimus Prime on October 1st, 2011 @ 5:12am CDT
Got mine at 12:18 am on the 30th at my local Wal- Mart. Was coming home from DJing a gig and thought to myself "it's past 12am. I wonder if they're selling DOTM yet." I was in luck. Then I got to go to work yesterday and let the kids at my youth center watch it. Then after I got home from work I had a quiet evening at home with dinner from the wife and watching my new movie. I even got my G1 Cyclonus bubble insert in the mail today to complete my MIB G1 Cyclonus. This truly was a Transformer Friday.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - MEGATRON Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers SS-13 Shadow Raider Japan Import" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Dark of the Moon Legend Class Bumblebee cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Dark Of The Moon Jetwing Optimus Prime Amazon Exclusive MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers: Lot Megatron Shockwave Hammerbyte Cyberverse Adventures" on EBAY
Buy "transformers vintage lot Hightower, Grimlock, Rollbar (used/incomplete with Box)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 57 Offroad Bumblebee" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Universe Armada Unicron with minicon Dead End 100% Complete" on EBAY
Buy "Original G1 Transformers Constructicon Scrapper Laser Pistol Weapon Lot" on EBAY