Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online!

Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online!

Saturday, August 21st, 2010 2:32pm CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: RodimusConvoy13   Views: 68,697

Seibertron has posted a gallery of the holiest of Holy Grails for G1 collectors. The biggest transformer ever, Fortress Maximus! He stands almost two feet tall! When we were kids, seeing this in the aisles of Toys R Us, this figure was huge. And today, he's still huge! This was the only G1 figure to actually come with a human figure. Spike Witwicky was made into a figure as the head of Cerebros, who is the head of Fortress Maximus.

This actual Fortress Maximus toy, box and all, is currently available on eBay for one week starting August 21st, 2010. If you're interested in this item you can bid on this item or buy-it-now by clicking here.

Take a look at the fantastic gallery of Fortress Maximus, Cerebros, Cog, Grommet and Gasket.

Fortress Maximus: His Cartoon and comic appearance varied greatly. In the G1 Cartoon, he was a massive robot. In the comics he was closer in size to the rest of his compatriots. Fortress Maximus has three modes. He has a robot mode, battlestation mode and a city mode.

Cerebros was a pacifist in the G1 Cartoon continuity. He didn't want humanoids involved in the fight against the Decepticons.

Spike Witwicky: In the G1 comics continuity, Spike became the head of Cerebros/Fortress Maximus after Galen, the original head, was killed by Scorponok.

Gasket

Grommet

Cog is formed by combining Gasket and Grommet.

This article was last modified on Saturday, August 21st, 2010 2:38pm CDT

Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1115933)
Posted by Tigertrack on August 21st, 2010 @ 2:53pm CDT

I have never seen the chicken walker form of the FM head and Spike before. That is really cool! Looks like an ATP, or ATT, or ARC, or whatever acronyum Star Wars is using for the Clone Wars version of the AT-ST. I bet it was AT-RT...
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1115935)
Posted by RodimusConvoy13 on August 21st, 2010 @ 2:56pm CDT
tigertracks 24 wrote:Gasket-- "Hi, my alt mode is a tank with legs, and my robot mode is legs with tank treads!"

According to Wookieepedia, you are correct! I was thinking the same thing. I might have to try that with my RiD Fort Max when I get home tonight.

Great gallery, Ryan!!
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1115945)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 21st, 2010 @ 3:19pm CDT
Someday I want to get this and hope to have the space to display it as it deserves to be. Such an epic figure.

Great gallery!
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1115949)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on August 21st, 2010 @ 3:24pm CDT
While g1 Fort Max is indeed the ultimate...my walet thanks me for settling with Brave Maximus instead lol
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1115951)
Posted by Soundwave__Superior on August 21st, 2010 @ 3:37pm CDT
Hmm. If anyone remembers, a while back there was an episode of Pawn Stars where a guy was going to sell all of his Transformers, that guy had like two or three of Fort Max. With the boxes. Lucky.

Personally, G1 Soundwave is my G1 Holy Grail.
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1115983)
Posted by Bouncy X on August 21st, 2010 @ 5:19pm CDT
Fortress has gotten the "holy grail" label due to how hard it is to find one. hell even when i was a kid during the Transformers heyday, i never once saw him anywhere. none of our stores ever carried him and we never knew anyone who owned one. we had a catalogue store and he was always listed in the catalogue but when you went there to order, they were always out.

and holy shit is he big. i knew he was the biggest transformer and all but seeing him next to Scorponok(which i own) is an eye opener. i thought ol Scorps was pretty huge...daaaaamn. lol its kinda weird though since they are supposed to be each other's rivals you'd think the toys woulda been similar heights. but yeah my Scorponok is in mint condition because i barely played with him because of how big and hard to handle he was, couldnt imagine if i had ownwed Fortress. lol
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1115999)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 21st, 2010 @ 6:03pm CDT
Oh, I remember seeing him in Detroit-area stores, and thinking that his price at just under $100 negated my chances of ever receiving or saving up for him. Today it'd be a miracle if you bought a complete one for triple digits instead of quadruple.

For that matter, Micronauts reissues were sold practically unaltered in American specialty shops this past decade with disclaimers on the packaging stating "This collectible is NOT at toy; keep away from children". Viola! How about it Hasbro? Would it hurt to try changing OP's box and retail venues instead of his stovepipes for the 30th anniversary reissue? Parents aren't going to casually buy some $100-$200 reissue of some 2-decades old Fort Max toy for their 5-year-old to play with anyway, so it wouldn't really kill potential profits if they knew fan-demand was high enough.
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116012)
Posted by Galvatron X on August 21st, 2010 @ 7:10pm CDT
Friggin...awesome...

'nuff said, except for...

I'm jealous!! I want one!
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116035)
Posted by Arucard on August 21st, 2010 @ 8:22pm CDT
$500+ SHIPPING!? Fark...
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116042)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 21st, 2010 @ 8:31pm CDT
This is awesome, but as a Headmasters anime fan, I must make a complaint.

*cries tears of immense sadness* NO MASTER SWORD!!! :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116072)
Posted by It Is Him on August 21st, 2010 @ 9:46pm CDT
Who wants to um, lend me $1,200?
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116076)
Posted by AshesOfPain on August 21st, 2010 @ 9:54pm CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:And on the odds of him ever getting an affordable North American reissue, I really hope saner heads mandating toy safety laws repeal the drop-test soon. Yes, if making all toys incapable of cracking due to being intentionally thrown from a 2nd story balcony would save even one life, it'd be worth it, but I don't see how it will unless you go on to ban any toy that a child could intentionally whittle into a shiv. The fact that Americans occasionally ban all hoodie drawstrings to prevent one-in-a-million freak choking accidents and then demand the right to carry assault rifles into public functions is just one more reason the rest of the world laughs their arses off at us while their children play with cool sharp-edged toys. Toys aren't dangerous, LIFE is dangerous; get over it. The only change to the toy industry that will really save any kids is finding a way to profitably manufacture them without Chinese sweatshop labor.

Unfortunately America is home to things like caution labels on Fresh, Hot coffee No cht it's hot, it was just brewed and poured.

Back to topic, I'd love to get my mitts on one Fort Max, I'd display it in open air, above my computer where it could be knocked on-to my head by my cat.
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116088)
Posted by Prime Riblet on August 21st, 2010 @ 10:42pm CDT
AshesOfPain wrote:

Please don't bash America, people. Bash the handful of worthless, piece of crap parents that stick their 1-year old in a room alone with a bunch of freaking choking hazards......and then sue everyone over the issue when something bad happens. This small infection of people forced the larger groups to protect themselves with these toy laws.
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116113)
Posted by First-Aid on August 22nd, 2010 @ 12:40am CDT
Prime Riblet wrote:
AshesOfPain wrote:

Isn't Democracy grand? Oh wait...democracy is when the MAJORITY rules not the minority of people who wouldn't even exist if natural selection were allowed to run its course...
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116134)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 22nd, 2010 @ 2:20am CDT

They have the idea that we're paranoid about everything being unsafe.

Maybe it's left over from the founders' desire to achieve peace by isolating our great nation from all of Europe's petty squabbles, but the delusion that we can someday create an environment where we're completely shielded from harm with enough regulations seems to be a distinctly American one.

Sorry about getting off topic, but I thought someone should remind the more casual fans salivating over this gallery just why that already unaffordable price will only soar higher in this hemisphere no matter how bad the economy gets.

Ah well, with no Maxie or Scorpinok in my collection, at least my Unicron doesn't look TOO small (sigh)

Say, do Gundam fans collect Fort Maxes too so they can pretend his battle station mode is a White-Base toy that's almost in scale with their MSIA figures? Now THERE's an idea for a profitable repaint...
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116135)
Posted by leokearon on August 22nd, 2010 @ 2:31am CDT
I managed to get Fort for my birthday
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116141)
Posted by Prime Riblet on August 22nd, 2010 @ 2:56am CDT
Bumblevivisector wrote:Sorry if that came across as the start of some self-depreciating U.S.A. bashing. We probably aren't as loathed internationally as you might think, but there is one stereotype Europeans have about us that won't go away, partly because it never gets back to us; I sure wouldn't know it if I hadn't spent a semester in Germany.

They have the idea that we're paranoid about everything being unsafe.

I know there is actually a lot of truth in what you said. Alos, I don't want you to think I was singling you or anyone else's statements out. I agree with what you said, in fact. I just didn't want the whole "America this, the US that, blah blah situation to spring up. I am simmered down now.
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116165)
Posted by Blackstreak on August 22nd, 2010 @ 6:52am CDT
All this time I thought there was alread a Fort Max gallery. Huh, I never knew about a "chicken walker" alt mode for Cerebros' body. That box has definitely seen some better days.
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116168)
Posted by Mechastrike on August 22nd, 2010 @ 7:05am CDT
and i thought seibertron.com's toy gallery couldn't get any bigger. thanks for posting.
Re: Transformers G1 FORTRESS MAXIMUS gallery now online! (1116219)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 22nd, 2010 @ 10:57am CDT
Noticed that there's a small black smudge in the Autobot sigil on Cerebros, so mine wasn't an isolated case after all.And how come it's upside down?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #276 - Whoops! All Bumblebees
"Whoops! All Bumblebees"
Posted: Sunday, May 16th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG04 Roadbuster Figure Takara Tomy Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Computron Exclusive Complete Loose Rare Technobots" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Unite Warriors UW08 Computron Action Figure Japan F/S" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Series LG11 Chromia Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Blitzwing TRANSFORMERS Studio Series 65 Bumblebee Movie toy figure jet plane" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Unite Warriors Legends Ghost Starscream Takara Combiner Wars Ex" on EBAY
Buy "Deadlock Transformers Legends  Takara Tomy" on EBAY