Transformers Generations 2009 Book

Transformers Generations 2009 Book

Sunday, January 11th, 2009 4:59am CST

Category: Digital Media News
Posted by: Stormrider   Views: 16,992

A new Japanese art book called Transformers Generations 2009 vol. 1 will be released on Feb. 16th. The advertisement hints that the book will also contain exclusive ordering information for a limited Transformers figure. More information about the contents of the book will be revealed soon. Stay tuned.

Click here to see the original page.

Credit(s): Publishing Million

This article was last modified on Sunday, January 11th, 2009 5:02am CST

Re: Transformers Generations 2009 Book (865033)
Posted by Narc on January 11th, 2009 @ 7:24am CST
I'm definitely interested, specially because of the limited figure. Hopefully the instructions have an english translation.
Re: Transformers Generations 2009 Book (865086)
Posted by starfish on January 11th, 2009 @ 9:28am CST
I already have a Japanese book called Transformers Generations. It basically gives photos of every Transformer toy from G1, including the Japanese lines such as Zone and Battlestars.

It also contained tonnes of artwork, comics and cartoon episode guides, and pictures of unused toy prototypes and concept artwork, like Headmaster Arcee (a pink Chromedome repaint/remould).

Hopefully this will be a completely revised edition, perhaps even containing more recent toylines.

The fact that this is listed as 'Volume 1' looks very encouraging!
Re: Transformers Generations 2009 Book (865096)
Posted by starfish on January 11th, 2009 @ 9:40am CST
Further to my reply above, some further information on the original book.

It, too, had a competition to win a exclusive figure - in this case, a Lucky Draw vacuum-metallised gold G1 Rodumus Prime.

I have my copy to hand, and although I don't read Japanese, there seems to be a token printed on the inside of the dustjacket.

I guess to enter the competition, you need to buy a copy of the book, cut the token out of the dustjacket, and mail it to Japan.

I assume the new edition will have a similar scheme.
Re: Transformers Generations 2009 Book (865140)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on January 11th, 2009 @ 11:41am CST
I have a feeling that the speacial toy dealio will be like the Green G1 Ratchet that you could get via the coupon in Transformers Visual Works, i.e. Not able to be ordered from outside Japan and sold for ludicrous money on websites.

I will, likely, however be getting the book. I just love art/photo books.
I still want the original Transfomers Generations book...is it still available anywhere?
Re: Transformers Generations 2009 Book (865148)
Posted by starfish on January 11th, 2009 @ 12:04pm CST
Sadly, it seems that both the original Transformers Generations and the later updated edition, Transformers Generations Deluxe, are both out of print.

Re: Transformers Generations 2009 Book (865181)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on January 11th, 2009 @ 1:34pm CST
starfish wrote:They occasionally turn up on ebay, that's where I got my copy from. Unfortunately, there's also a line of comics called Transformers Generations, so when you do a search on ebay you always get hundreds of hits to sift through!

To my absolute dismay, I noticed that...
Re: Transformers Generations 2009 Book (865394)
Posted by dragons on January 11th, 2009 @ 8:38pm CST
where can we order this book?

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 13 Voyager Class Movie 2 Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Commemorative Series 9 Ricochet 2004 NO NIGHTSTICK TRU Excl EX Cond" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects TURTLER / SNAPTRAP Takara TT-GS03 New in Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects G2 Megatron, Netflix Hotlink Target Red Wing" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers G1 Scorponok shield original" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege: War for Cybertron Deluxe Class Autobot Chromia Brand New" on EBAY