Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated

Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated

Thursday, August 25th, 2011 12:18am CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,694

The Allspark has posted a translated version of the comic that was included with Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2. Written by Simon Furman and illustrated by Guido Guidi, the comic features Million Publishing's exclusive Stepper and Nebulon Targetmaster among others drawn in an old school Marvel comics style.

Click here to view the full translated comic at the Allspark.

Credit(s): The Allspark

Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281157)
Posted by Seibertron on August 25th, 2011 @ 1:03am CDT
Ah, this is great stuff. Really makes me look forward to Transformers #81.

This style of comic is exactly what I wish IDW would do with their comics. Why Hasbro and IDW aren't using the main Transformers comic to promote the current products is beyond me but this is how it could be done, with more detailed and fleshed out stories of course.

Furman's best stuff, in my opinion, is when he's writing to promote a product. I'm sure it's his least favorite way to write, but I like when the writers have to stay confined within set borders, otherwise you end up with things that gray the area too much between official fiction and official fiction that feels like fan-fiction to me.

Guido Guidi continues to be my favorite Transformers artist hands-down. His style is what I tried to evoke in my artwork during the 90s. Very talented man and I had the pleasure of meeting him at OTFCC in 2004 (he bought a figure from me at my dealer table). Would love to run into him again at a future Transformers convention.
Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281165)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 25th, 2011 @ 1:24am CDT
I was looking forward to Stepper but since BBTS hasn't lowered the pre-order price like they said they would I'm afraid I might have to drop him. Ah well, 1st world pains; poor me.
Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281174)
Posted by RhA on August 25th, 2011 @ 2:01am CDT
I love this comicstyle. The pulpy look is win.
Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281176)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on August 25th, 2011 @ 2:10am CDT
so..he's goin to shoot the scientist? hehe
Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281184)
Posted by ausbot on August 25th, 2011 @ 2:46am CDT
Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281186)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on August 25th, 2011 @ 3:06am CDT
ausbot wrote:Now this the comic I want to read, a book that has the characters looking like the toys I own!

agreed x million
They should do it more often, its a sure way to increase comic book sales :grin:
Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281239)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 25th, 2011 @ 7:34am CDT
I'm digging all this United-verse fiction fiction that we've been getting lately (now would someone PLEASE translate the "Macrocosmic Seekers" fiction?).

I'll read this story a little later, so for now, I'll say that the artwork looks very nice and it's interesting how the United fiction is kind of like a blending of several G1 aspects to create a new world separate from all previous G1 fiction.
Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281243)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 25th, 2011 @ 7:56am CDT
I get it that the shelf former TFC Stepper's price will skyrocket soon?
Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281296)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 25th, 2011 @ 10:04am CDT
I like it! It reminds me of the minicomics we used to get in the 80's! I may actually want Stepper now... :-?

fenrir72 wrote:I get it that the shelf former TFC Stepper's price will skyrocket soon?

Shellformer or shelf warmer?
Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281303)
Posted by Marcdachamp on August 25th, 2011 @ 10:30am CDT
Seibertron wrote:Ah, this is great stuff. Really makes me look forward to Transformers #81.

It's weird, but some of Furman's best work seemed to come when he had to jump through hoops, like at Marvel UK. I think it really challenged him.
Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281346)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 25th, 2011 @ 11:38am CDT
Having now read that story, I am impressed. That was a short, yet VERY good read. It's like a mixture between the Marvel Comics and The Headmasters cartoon. I like that they through in some non-United G1 characters, as well as some Henkei! Henkei! designs. The inclusion of Drift, Lugnut, and the handling of Blurr's IDW-styled look further add to the notion of this being a micro-continuity that borrows elements from other sources while bearing no real ties to them.

Though, was it just me, or did the mentioning of how Drift could overcome the effects of the nano-virus and be able to defend Autobot City all by himself seem a bit too glorifying to his character? ;)

Also, Straxus' tank mode can fly. 8-}
Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281687)
Posted by Stormrider on August 25th, 2011 @ 9:12pm CDT
Is this comic foreshadowing Headmaster/Generation toys?
Re: Transformers Generations 2011 Volume 2 Comic Translated (1281691)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 25th, 2011 @ 9:15pm CDT
Stormrider wrote:Is this comic foreshadowing Headmaster/Generation toys?
No. Hydra's comments beneath the scans support this.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MV5 Titan Changer Megatron Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #260 - Pulsecon 2020
"Pulsecon 2020"
Posted: Sunday, September 27th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Construct Bots Blitzwing New Building Toy Boys Gift" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Golden Lagoon Convoy Masterpiece MP Figure Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Jada Toys 2017 HOLLYWOOD RIDES Crosshairs Vehicle TRANSFORMERS 100% DIE-CAST" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS 5 2016 CHEVROLET CAMARO BUMBLEBEE YELLOW 1:24 DIECAST BY JADA 98399" on EBAY
Buy "Loyal Subjects Blitzwing Transformers Wave 3" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Transformers Masterpiece Cheetor MP-34 MP34 Beast Wars" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers SDCC 2019 Ghostbusters MP-10 G ECTO-35 Optimus Prime NEW SY" on EBAY