Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail

Sunday, April 12th, 2015 5:27am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 31,027

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The North American continent has been seeing the new Generations Combiner Wars Leader class Megatron for a little while, and its seems that Australia is also receiving its batches, too! Courtesy of Seibertron.com board admin Burn, we have confirmation of the Decepticon founder arriving down under without too much to wait compared to elsewhere in the world. Check out the image below, taken at a Toys'R'Us in Cairns, priced at AUS$ 89.99 (approx US $69) - and maybe join Australian fans in weeping over the retail price of MP Ultra Magnus, too (approx US $ 230).

Remember, to help out your fellow fans and collectors, make sure to flag any sighting of this or other toys in the regional forum boards here, and in our ever-growing database here!

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail

Credit(s): Burn


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674248)
Posted by prjkt on April 12th, 2015 @ 5:37am CDT
Didn't realise this site did sightings for my side of the world - I picked up Megatron here back in Feb (14th to be precis)
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674255)
Posted by Burn on April 12th, 2015 @ 6:26am CDT
Yeah ... I only sent Va'al pictures of Magnus weeks ago, didn't bother taking photos of both Megatrons back then.
My bad.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674258)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 12th, 2015 @ 6:41am CDT
Va'al wrote:The North American continent has been seeing the new Generations Combiner Wars Leader class Megatron for a little while, and its seems that Australia is also receiving its batches, too! Courtesy of Seibertron.com board admin Burn, we have confirmation of the Decepticon founder arriving down under without too much to wait compared to elsewhere in the world. Check out the image below, taken at a Toys'R'Us in Cairns, priced at AUS$ 89.99 (approx US $69) - and maybe join Australian fans in weeping over the retail price of MP Ultra Magnus, too (approx US $ 230).

Remember, to help out your fellow fans and collectors, make sure to flag any sighting of this or other toys in the regional forum boards here, and in our ever-growing database here!

Image


I just felt I had to quote the whole thing. First, your leader class prices are... painful to say the least.

And even tough MP UM look expensive as fawk, it's great you guys can have it LIVE in store! And even tough you have to pay your local sales taxes, at least you don't have to pay extra customs and shipping fees. An Aussie buying MP UM live in store will end up paying way less than me, if I bought it from BBTS!
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674259)
Posted by Burn on April 12th, 2015 @ 6:43am CDT
Still worked out cheaper to import it directly from Japan.

Leader wise ... might save $10, but have to wait for months.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674263)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 12th, 2015 @ 7:21am CDT
Burn wrote:Still worked out cheaper to import it directly from Japan.

Leader wise ... might save $10, but have to wait for months.


Just to have an idea if it's just the toys and video games that are expensive in australia, or if it's EVERYYTHING, can you tell me something?

-- The average price of a mass-produced 650g loaf of bread in Australian $.
-- The average price of one liter of 2% milk in Australian $.
-- Also, the minimum wage in AUS$/h.

For reference, in Canada, the bread cost around 3.50$CAN and the milk is around 2.50$CAN. And the minimum wage is 10.35$/h for Quebec.

Knowing those 3 facts give a good idea of what is the cost of living in each parts of the world.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674290)
Posted by Flashback on April 12th, 2015 @ 8:27am CDT
Oh fantastic! Hopefully there'll still be one at the TRU near me in a couple of days, will be at work till then!
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674312)
Posted by prjkt on April 12th, 2015 @ 9:54am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Burn wrote:Still worked out cheaper to import it directly from Japan.

Leader wise ... might save $10, but have to wait for months.


Just to have an idea if it's just the toys and video games that are expensive in australia, or if it's EVERYYTHING, can you tell me something?

-- The average price of a mass-produced 650g loaf of bread in Australian $.
-- The average price of one liter of 2% milk in Australian $.
-- Also, the minimum wage in AUS$/h.

For reference, in Canada, the bread cost around 3.50$CAN and the milk is around 2.50$CAN. And the minimum wage is 10.35$/h for Quebec.

Knowing those 3 facts give a good idea of what is the cost of living in each parts of the world.

This might help for prices - min wage is AU$16.87. Also note all prices are inclusive of tax, unlike over on your continent.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674317)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 12th, 2015 @ 10:27am CDT
prjkt wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Burn wrote:Still worked out cheaper to import it directly from Japan.

Leader wise ... might save $10, but have to wait for months.


Just to have an idea if it's just the toys and video games that are expensive in australia, or if it's EVERYYTHING, can you tell me something?

-- The average price of a mass-produced 650g loaf of bread in Australian $.
-- The average price of one liter of 2% milk in Australian $.
-- Also, the minimum wage in AUS$/h.

For reference, in Canada, the bread cost around 3.50$CAN and the milk is around 2.50$CAN. And the minimum wage is 10.35$/h for Quebec.

Knowing those 3 facts give a good idea of what is the cost of living in each parts of the world.

This might help for prices - min wage is AU$16.87. Also note all prices are inclusive of tax, unlike over on your continent.

Just pointing out that non-candy food does not have tax over here.

Still...

Milk (regular), (1 liter) 1.42 A$
Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) 2.79 A$


Holy F... From now on, I forbid you Aussies to ever complain about the price of toys. :shock:

I mean, damn! It took me 10 years to land on a salary bracket that is just a few cents below the Australian MINIMUM wage! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674397)
Posted by Metroplexsmash on April 12th, 2015 @ 3:03pm CDT
wow in robot mode megatron looks awesome whish I could get this :CYBERTRON: :BOT:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674455)
Posted by Arctorro on April 12th, 2015 @ 6:27pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
prjkt wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Burn wrote:Still worked out cheaper to import it directly from Japan.

Leader wise ... might save $10, but have to wait for months.


Just to have an idea if it's just the toys and video games that are expensive in australia, or if it's EVERYYTHING, can you tell me something?

-- The average price of a mass-produced 650g loaf of bread in Australian $.
-- The average price of one liter of 2% milk in Australian $.
-- Also, the minimum wage in AUS$/h.

For reference, in Canada, the bread cost around 3.50$CAN and the milk is around 2.50$CAN. And the minimum wage is 10.35$/h for Quebec.

Knowing those 3 facts give a good idea of what is the cost of living in each parts of the world.

This might help for prices - min wage is AU$16.87. Also note all prices are inclusive of tax, unlike over on your continent.

Just pointing out that non-candy food does not have tax over here.

Still...

Milk (regular), (1 liter) 1.42 A$
Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) 2.79 A$


Holy F... From now on, I forbid you Aussies to ever complain about the price of toys. :shock:

I mean, damn! It took me 10 years to land on a salary bracket that is just a few cents below the Australian MINIMUM wage! :BANG_HEAD:
That is not what makes Australian an expensive place to live. Housing prices have gone up something like 600% while wages have hardly moved. There has been an unprecedented number of families losing their houses in the last 10 years which has forced more people into renting and that has seen landlords raising rental prices due to higher demand. That has made having a place to live difficult to say the least.

Then there is electricity, a previous government allowed a few overseas companies come in and do a heap of un-needed upgrades to our network. Then to recoup their costs they raise prices (by 6% I think) every year and a metre box was added to many houses to supposedly help prices drop but it just let power companies double prices. I noticed one family have their 3 - 4 month bill go from $400 to $800 from one bill to the next. There are many people here who can no longer afford to run a fridge because then they can't pay their rent.

We also have a completely screwed up tax system.

Milk and bread tells you nothing about living costs :roll:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674473)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on April 12th, 2015 @ 7:12pm CDT
Arctorro wrote:(...)
Milk and bread tells you nothing about living costs :roll:


Ow....
Like they say, there is no perfect world. Scratch the golden leaf and it reveal all the lead underneath. :-(
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674474)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 12th, 2015 @ 7:12pm CDT
Arctorro wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
prjkt wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Burn wrote:Still worked out cheaper to import it directly from Japan.

Leader wise ... might save $10, but have to wait for months.


Just to have an idea if it's just the toys and video games that are expensive in australia, or if it's EVERYYTHING, can you tell me something?

-- The average price of a mass-produced 650g loaf of bread in Australian $.
-- The average price of one liter of 2% milk in Australian $.
-- Also, the minimum wage in AUS$/h.

For reference, in Canada, the bread cost around 3.50$CAN and the milk is around 2.50$CAN. And the minimum wage is 10.35$/h for Quebec.

Knowing those 3 facts give a good idea of what is the cost of living in each parts of the world.

This might help for prices - min wage is AU$16.87. Also note all prices are inclusive of tax, unlike over on your continent.

Just pointing out that non-candy food does not have tax over here.

Still...

Milk (regular), (1 liter) 1.42 A$
Loaf of Fresh White Bread (500g) 2.79 A$


Holy F... From now on, I forbid you Aussies to ever complain about the price of toys. :shock:

I mean, damn! It took me 10 years to land on a salary bracket that is just a few cents below the Australian MINIMUM wage! :BANG_HEAD:
That is not what makes Australian an expensive place to live. Housing prices have gone up something like 600% while wages have hardly moved. There has been an unprecedented number of families losing their houses in the last 10 years which has forced more people into renting and that has seen landlords raising rental prices due to higher demand. That has made having a place to live difficult to say the least.

Then there is electricity, a previous government allowed a few overseas companies come in and do a heap of un-needed upgrades to our network. Then to recoup their costs they raise prices (by 6% I think) every year and a metre box was added to many houses to supposedly help prices drop but it just let power companies double prices. I noticed one family have their 3 - 4 month bill go from $400 to $800 from one bill to the next. There are many people here who can no longer afford to run a fridge because then they can't pay their rent.

We also have a completely screwed up tax system.

Milk and bread tells you nothing about living costs :roll:


No wonder Burn is always cranky :P . Good thing you're not as cranky. And...........I take back a previous statement I made about you Aussies being lucky to have official Hasbro/Tomy releases.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674514)
Posted by Arucard on April 12th, 2015 @ 8:57pm CDT
I picked up mine at a Target in Adelaide on sale for $70 a few weeks ago. I've seen them for weeks in Toyworld, Target, Big W and Kmart. What I'm hanging out for is Wave 2 so I can get Air Raid and finish off Superion.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674518)
Posted by Arctorro on April 12th, 2015 @ 8:58pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Ow....
Like they say, there is no perfect world. Scratch the golden leaf and it reveal all the lead underneath. :-(
Yep, the gold is all gone unfortunately.

fenrir72 wrote:No wonder Burn is always cranky :P . Good thing you're not as cranky. And...........I take back a previous statement I made about you Aussies being lucky to have official Hasbro/Tomy releases.
I'm just as cranky (and probably 10x as crazy), but don't post as much so it doesn't show :P

There were a couple of documents released in the last (I think) 6 months comparing costs of living for different countries and they always conveniently left out important facts which annoyed me greatly.

As for the topic, my UM pre-order with BBTS will be kept. With current exchange rates he is about $15 cheaper shipped with a high end shipping estimate. Will just have to wait a while to build up my PoL.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674555)
Posted by Burn on April 12th, 2015 @ 10:16pm CDT
Of course we're fucking crank. You'd be fucking cranky too if you woke up every fucking day and wondered if this would be the fucking day that some fucking animal finally got you.
(That cranky enough?)
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674559)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 12th, 2015 @ 10:20pm CDT
Burn wrote:Of course we're **** crank. You'd be **** cranky too if you woke up every **** day and wondered if this would be the **** day that some **** animal finally got you.
(That cranky enough?)

Image
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674570)
Posted by Ironclaw on April 12th, 2015 @ 10:35pm CDT
I picked up CW G1 Megatron a little under a week ago and I freaking love it. I've the standard complaints of the ankle tilts, part of me wishes that the thigh-calf ratio was slightly different and that the elbows had more range but that's just me. It's a fantastic figure in terms of aesthetics and posability, and because I like fiddling with Transformers figures and making up other altmodes, I cobbled together a pseudo-Metal Gear thing. I could attempt some pictures if there's demand for them :grin:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674652)
Posted by Ironhidensh on April 13th, 2015 @ 6:40am CDT
Burn wrote:Of course we're **** crank. You'd be **** cranky too if you woke up every **** day and wondered if this would be the **** day that some **** animal finally got you.
(That cranky enough?)

Yeah, forget financial reasonings. I'd never live down under simply because the wildlife are all pyschopathic murderers.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674662)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 13th, 2015 @ 7:22am CDT
Tomy despises the CW Leader Optimus that they are releasing him as Grand Scourge

Image

Via: http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/shopdetail/000000002824/
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Megatron at Australian Retail (1674685)
Posted by galvatron00 on April 13th, 2015 @ 8:57am CDT
fenrir72 wrote:Tomy despises the CW Leader Optimus that they are releasing him as Grand Scourge

Image

Via: http://www.e-hobby.co.jp/shopdetail/000000002824/
That's a large sword. Re-colored Beast Hunters Optimus blade right? The leader/larger than that class one.

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Toys Optimus Prime Cyberverse Ultimate Class Action Figure - Repeatable Matrix Mega Shot Action Attack Move - Toys for Kids 6 & Up, 11.5"" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Evolution Nemesis Prime (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Computron Collection Pack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Solus Prime Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Class Elita-1" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Voyager Class Silverbolt Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Class Protectobot Groove Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe protectobot Groove" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
Twincast / Podcast #275:
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "HOT Cool FOR Transformers EarthRise Sunstreaker Tail 3D DIY Upgrade Weapon KITS" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MEGATRON  KINGDOM WAR FOR CYBERTRON TRILOGY WFC-K13 FIGURE" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Cuddle Wuddle Figure Free Shipping" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers BotBots Grit Sandwood Figure Free Shipping" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Huffer Deluxe Class Figure" on EBAY
Buy "HEADMASTER Skullcruncher TRANSFORMERS G1 Hasbro 1986 Figure Vintage Collectible" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS G1 DECEPTICON DIRGE SEEKER 1985" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS STUDIO 86 CYBERTRON WFC GRIMLOCK FIGURE LOT COMPLETE (NO WHEELIE)" on EBAY