Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail

Saturday, October 10th, 2015 10:24am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,258

Also included in the images below is the sighting of the Platinum Edition Trypticon, same store, at £199.99. Check out the photos mirrored here, and happy weekend hunting. If you come across new toy sightings, make sure to use our database to inform other fans, too!

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail

Credit(s): TRU Nottingham

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733297)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 10th, 2015 @ 10:53am CDT
Va'al wrote:Distribution on this side of the pond always has some glitches, but it appears that Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus has finally made it to regular retail in the UK! After a notification from board member Stuartmaximus, the disgruntled Brits have set out towards local Toys'R'Us store, and the following proof comes from Insurgent and the Nottingham store, priced at £37.49!

disgruntled! lol

but thanks Va-al ;)^

Glad they've stuck with the cheaper price....for Magnus, I was beginning to think that the price on the thing I posted.....was a one-off

anyway.....no point in making my way there til Magnus reaches TRU here in Scotland! but as soon as he does.....I'm sure I'll be there

One weird point of note though

Even though some TRU's have got Magnus in! he's still not showing up on their website yet
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733300)
Posted by TheGlynreaper on October 10th, 2015 @ 11:22am CDT
what £200 for trypticon what a rip-off its disgusting how these platinum edition sets are ridiculously overpriced and still more proof why the transformers franchise is slowly dying
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733338)
Posted by ZeroWolf on October 10th, 2015 @ 12:45pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733346)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 10th, 2015 @ 12:56pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I wouldn't say tfs are dying as a franchise but here in the UK, it's an uphill struggle, I mean I've seen people buying, kids and adults alike but it's definitely not a great market for hasbro

Well they're doing themselves no favors by inflating the prices so much >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733384)
Posted by Railbomb on October 10th, 2015 @ 2:03pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Well they're doing themselves no favors by inflating the prices so much >:oP

Don't forget in the UK they have the taxes (it's called VAT, right?) built into the prices so it's not entirely Hasbro's fault.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733406)
Posted by Emerje on October 10th, 2015 @ 3:53pm CDT
Haven't even seen Ultra Magnus at regular American retail yet, same for the Thundercracker and Starscream. Thankfully I was able to get UM off HTS on sale a few months ago. Now the two Megatrons, those aren't in short supply around here.

And yeah, Transformers is dying, just like it has been since Armada. :lol: Truth is the franchise is stronger than ever. Just look at New York Comic Con. Last year they held a press party and the only new Generations reveals were Leader Thundercracker and Legends Huffer. The only panels they held were for RID and an IDW comic panel. This year they had a big multimedia presentation and revealed an entire new line of figures. And that's on top of big displays at SDCC, BotCon, and New York Toy Fair. If anything the franchise as a whole is getting too big and us fans are struggling to keep up, especially when you factor in the stuff Takara Tomy is doing.

Emerje
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733420)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 10th, 2015 @ 5:02pm CDT
Railbomb wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Well they're doing themselves no favors by inflating the prices so much >:oP

+ there's TRU! & they hike prices anyway! look at what they're selling Platinum Edition Trypticon for
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733426)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on October 10th, 2015 @ 5:23pm CDT
I have yet to see UM on the shelves! :VEHI:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733667)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 11th, 2015 @ 9:25pm CDT
Nemesis Destron wrote:I have yet to see UM on the shelves! :VEHI:

I saw two, both of their (internal) legs mechanisms cracked, they were unable to transform into either mode >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733669)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on October 11th, 2015 @ 9:28pm CDT
Stuartmaximus wrote:
Railbomb wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:

Well they're doing themselves no favors by inflating the prices so much >:oP

Even without all of those (so, in America at least) they're way too much, at least in towns that have competition, they go under the msrp (hasbros recommended price) of $18 at a bit more reasonable $15, but thats still too much for the lackluster qc and paint apps; especially considering they're all repaints :roll:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733682)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 11th, 2015 @ 9:57pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733684)
Posted by Cobotron on October 11th, 2015 @ 10:00pm CDT
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Despite the backlash towards leaders, I still think Megatron was one of the best leaders we have gotten. I love that toy to death :BOT:
So that's how you beat Megatron, not with fire power, but with love. :x :-P
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733713)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 11th, 2015 @ 11:07pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:
So that's how you beat Megatron, not with fire power, but with love. :x :-P

EXACTLY!!! I loved him so much he became an autobot and is nice and friendly. He didn't even try to blast my roommate when he stole some of my cheese puffs :-D :BOT:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733904)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on October 12th, 2015 @ 2:27pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733936)
Posted by Stuartmaximus on October 12th, 2015 @ 4:25pm CDT
LegendaryAntiHero wrote:Well at least the Platnium Trpyticon is cheaper than trying to buy an old one online

Are you F ing kidding me? £200 that TRU are asking is still waaaay to much for this figure! now granted.....like you said.....the original on Ebay may cost more....but that depends on who the seller is.......& if it's not some scalper! you'd need to shop around....then you'll probably find one a lot cheaper than what TRU are selling the Platinum Edition for.....mind you.....Ebay may have one of those cheaper on there too!
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733990)
Posted by steals_your_goats on October 12th, 2015 @ 7:33pm CDT
So is there not going to be a leader class figure in the skylynx wave?
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1733995)
Posted by Cobotron on October 12th, 2015 @ 8:00pm CDT
Skywarp, I think. Right?
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1734005)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on October 12th, 2015 @ 8:53pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:Skywarp, I think. Right?

Something like that yeah I think :BOT:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1734013)
Posted by steals_your_goats on October 12th, 2015 @ 9:34pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:Skywarp, I think. Right?

I thought Skywarp was in the Bruticus wave
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Leader Ultra Magnus at UK Retail (1734014)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 12th, 2015 @ 9:37pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Skywarp, I think. Right?

I thought Skywarp was in the Bruticus wave
Then whose wave is Starscream in?

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Sky Shadow and  Ominus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Windcharger" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetal II Optimal Optimus 1999 Hasbro Rare!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Brunt" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger 100% Complete Legends Generations - Power of the Primes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime Safeguard Loose Missing Key" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Combat Megatron Combat Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE One 1 Step Changer High Octane BUMBLEBEE Hasbro 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Alternators 2005 Windcharger - Honda S2000 (Complete)" on EBAY