Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail

Sunday, April 10th, 2016 8:38am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 42,392

Fellow Seibertronian Bumblebee21 has found the elusive Legends Wreck-Gar at retail. This toy has not been easy to find (it doesn't last 5 mins when sold from Amazon) and is part of a restock of the previous wave of Generations Combiner Wars Legends figures with him being the only new toy. This toy was found at Target in the US. If others have found this toy, please let the community now in the sightings forum.

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail

Credit(s): bumblebee21

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779849)
Posted by Insurgent on April 10th, 2016 @ 8:58am CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779851)
Posted by Kurona on April 10th, 2016 @ 9:21am CDT
Insurgent wrote:Someone at Botcon give the hasbro reps some feedback that they should make little packs of hands/feet of the Computron set in various colours. I'm sure people would buy them (at least, I know I would).

Thing is I'm not entirely sure Transformers have ever had releases which were purely accessories - there's at least some sort of actual character bought; like how the Titan Masters vehicles have actual Titan Master characters with them.
Plus the main market for any Transformers line (bar botcon) is still kids. Not sure how many kids would really pay up for hands and feet.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779855)
Posted by Insurgent on April 10th, 2016 @ 9:40am CDT
I was thinking not as a mass retail release, but maybe an online thing? Just wishing there was a way to get those hands feet more than anything, as they are nicer than the standard ones and the PE ones.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779893)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 10th, 2016 @ 1:14pm CDT
I'm really hoping Liokaiser actually comes out looking decent. I am keeping Sky Lynx separated and not combined, so he would look different from my other combiners. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779898)
Posted by RiddlerJ on April 10th, 2016 @ 1:25pm CDT
I would love accessory packs for Transformers. Just extra guns and stuff. I know they used to do it for G.I. Joe back in the day, but I don't know if they still do.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779907)
Posted by Kurona on April 10th, 2016 @ 2:15pm CDT
I will admit I would like it, because tbh... I do like those hands and feet better than Perfect Effect's (at least, their Hands/Feet before Bruticus and Computron). Yeah. Hasbro does something better than Third Parties; I'm going straight to TF Fandom hell for saying that. But seriously the feet look better proportioned and I can go with hands having no articulation as long as they look bulky enough and not skeletal like Menasor/Superion/Defensor/Optimus Maximus' PE kits
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779911)
Posted by william-james88 on April 10th, 2016 @ 2:25pm CDT
Kurona wrote: Yeah. Hasbro does something better than Third Parties; I'm going straight to TF Fandom hell for saying that.

I havent heard any fan claim Warbot Defendor to be better than Voyager Springer, quite the opposite. So there are probably more people in TF Fandom hell than outside of it.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779913)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 10th, 2016 @ 2:27pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Well, I'll see you guys in hell. Springer is amazing and Those hands and feet look exactly like what was meant to be one those combiners :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779915)
Posted by steals_your_goats on April 10th, 2016 @ 2:29pm CDT
Hasbros afterburner uses the new head not the groove one Image
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779919)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 10th, 2016 @ 2:39pm CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:Hasbros afterburner uses the new head not the groove one Image

I can tell it's easy to confuse the two...But visor is Afterbreaker, eyes is Groove. Well, let's hope they stick with that head.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779921)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 10th, 2016 @ 2:44pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779923)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 10th, 2016 @ 2:48pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Are you sure you don't have that mixed up jelze? That picture of afterburner in the case certainly looks like a visor...While the other doesn't have it.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779924)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 10th, 2016 @ 2:48pm CDT
He's right, that is a different head than the Groove one from that angle and look. I updated our own newspost about 2 hours ago and didn't realize it. interesting. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779925)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on April 10th, 2016 @ 2:49pm CDT

This could be a case like Ravage and Rumble. The official pictures have a different head than what it actually comes with. :MAXIMAL:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779936)
Posted by ZeroWolf on April 10th, 2016 @ 3:23pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779938)
Posted by william-james88 on April 10th, 2016 @ 3:30pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:I'm now very confused as to which head is getting used. Unless those renders were done and straight after they were allowed to use the new head for afterburner.

I think the head we see on display is the right one and the one in the 3d model is what they had going at the begining. Well thats good, that definitely takes away a negative point from hasbro's. Still, the guns UW Afterburner have are so much more amazing!
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779959)
Posted by Autobot N on April 10th, 2016 @ 4:58pm CDT
After some thinking, I have decided to cancel my UW-08 preorder, and I now eagerly await the release of Hasbro's Computron. Before anyone begins to think that I'm crazy, I shall explain myself.

Combined mode: Since I have the PC-03 upgrade kit on my Superion with the blue-visored face, the UW Comp head looks a bit too similar to it, so the faceplated head shall provide some difference between the two. Also new hands and feet means I don't have to buy the PE kit. The UW chest does look way better though.
Scattershot: The vehicle deco is awesome.
Nosecone: I like the upward-facing drill kneecap better.
Lightspeed: The use of the DE mold and the white helps to break up the red.
Afterburner: I prefer Afterburner to be orange.
Strafe: Undecided about this one, but while I don't know how much I'll like the BO mold, I do already love the AR mold.
Scrounge: No explanation needed.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779961)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on April 10th, 2016 @ 5:11pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Darn, this makes it harder for me to turn Hasbro's Afterbreaker into a new character from G1 Afterburner. I can still justify it on the basis of the different color scheme Hasbro's version sports, especially because of all of that black that was actually white on the G1 character.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779968)
Posted by william-james88 on April 10th, 2016 @ 5:55pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Even better, just flip the backpack around. They end up looking very different when one has one wheel in the air. I would recomend doing that with the takara one since that means that the hasbro one would have all that green that distracts away from the headsculpt being the same.

Autobot N wrote:Nosecone: I like the upward-facing drill kneecap better.

I know you do, but I dont think Computron will when he has to do some warmups:

Just messing, I said it before and I will say it again, there are no losers in this computron war when 2 companies are making such different toys with their own exclusive retools and molds :D

And to think that this was the combiner we thought we wouldn't get.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Legends Wreck-Gar found at US Retail (1779974)
Posted by Amelie on April 10th, 2016 @ 6:05pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:Image

Now we wait for Takara's move in this never ending battle for our wallets.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Sawback" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

Buy "Transformers Timelines #3 Botcon 2008 Shattered Glass VF/NM" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up Gigawatt" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Starscream 9" Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers RID Robots i Disguise animated toy lot Bumblebee Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Toy Factory TRANSFORMERS Bumblebee And Optimus Prime Plush" on EBAY