Saturday, February 28th, 2015 12:04pm CST

Categories: Comic Book News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 34,247

Thanks to fellow Seibertronian chuckdawg1999, we've been able to determine what IDW Publishing Transformers comics will be packed in with Wave 2 onwards (and retroactively the first wave) of the deluxes in the Combiner Wars toy line! In a strange twist, rather than including comics from the actual Combiner Wars storyline, they feature issues from the pre-Dark Cybertron era - so far, at least. Check out below the synopses and confusing numbering from Offroad, Air Raid and Dead End, showing the very beginning of gestalt technology in Phase 2 of the IDW universe: Megatron's return, the control of Prowl, and the start of Prowlestator!
Transformers News: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information

Credit(s): Combiner Wars Wave 2, chuckdawg1999

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657179)
Posted by Va'al on February 28th, 2015 @ 12:05pm CST
ScottyP wrote:The one part of the video review I wanted to see was glossed over as a joke, great. This would be the comic inside - it is important to me to know which damn issue it is as it could be something not published elsewhere therefore (potentially, and speculatively) delaying the wide release of these.

Oh look - a wild news post appears! :D

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ion/32330/
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657181)
Posted by albnok on February 28th, 2015 @ 12:08pm CST
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657182)
Posted by Agamemnon on February 28th, 2015 @ 12:09pm CST
So, wait... those of us who purchased the first batch of wave 1 will need to purchase a second set to get the comics? That's a bit crummy... Image

[edit]Sniped by albnok. I'm with you on this feeling. I realize I could just purchase the comics from my comic shop, but the completionist in me is not liking this... I'll prolly buy two sets of Wave 1...
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657184)
Posted by ScottyP on February 28th, 2015 @ 12:12pm CST
Thanks for the info! Odd way to do it but almost certainly due to the comic scheduling and not wanting to push out issues not due until next month way too early.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657188)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 28th, 2015 @ 12:19pm CST
Glad I've withheld from picking up Wave 1 so far.

But then again, I've done so because I'm holding out for Takara's Superion instead.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657196)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 28th, 2015 @ 12:45pm CST
albnok wrote:Retroactively in Wave 1? Damn, now I feel gypped, since I have Wave 1 without comics.

Yup, it's been confirmed by Hasbro the first assortments lacked the comics (well, used the multilingual packaging for the US instead of the English-only one) due to production timing issues.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657197)
Posted by ScottyP on February 28th, 2015 @ 12:48pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Though, it is weird that the issues aren't Combiner Wars ones and are instead from pre-Dark Cybertron RID.

The weird part to me is the "pre-Dark Cybertron" part. I doubt IDW would want Wave 2 to have CW issues, as that would mean that things planned to come out in April (Windblade CW 2, and RiD CW2) could hit in March as pack-ins. However, why they don't have say, TF/xRiD 35-38 which directly lead into CW, I'm not sure.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657199)
Posted by Randomhero on February 28th, 2015 @ 12:53pm CST
This is a really good idea since combiner wars hasn't been released yet for IDW. I was a bit worried the first 4 out of 6 issues would be coming out with the toys before they've been released by the publisher. I also thought maybe it'd be one issue by wave. Part one is wave 2 then part 2 comes with each protectobot and so on.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657207)
Posted by shajaki on February 28th, 2015 @ 1:29pm CST
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657225)
Posted by Optimum Supreme on February 28th, 2015 @ 3:41pm CST
Va'al wrote:Looking for the fourth limb to your Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion?

*third limb

Slingshot's fourth! :wink:

They should let us trade in the cards for comics or something.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657228)
Posted by dragons on February 28th, 2015 @ 3:49pm CST

im not liking waist prime/motormaster in combine form to bulky and fat i will stick 3rd party add on motormaster to use in combined form silverbolt he looks good but trucks not so much but do like how chest armor option new look.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657242)
Posted by Va'al on February 28th, 2015 @ 4:38pm CST
ScottyP wrote:

My guess is that the Prowlestator/Megatron combination beginning of story is essentially seen as the seeding of Combiner Wars in general. It is the reason that Starscream wants Superion active again, and Devastator!Prowl is essentially the reason for the entire thing going down after all.

But, just a guess. :D
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657245)
Posted by Mr O on February 28th, 2015 @ 4:49pm CST

Well, Rodimus is going to make a lot more sense like that. Looks good.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657248)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 28th, 2015 @ 4:56pm CST
Am I the only one who doesn't see the point in this? :???:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657249)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 28th, 2015 @ 4:56pm CST
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

But, just a guess. :D

Okay so just so I get somethings on the straighter end of the spectrum. Is the first wave going to be re-released for them to have the proper comics for US distribution, instead of the cards for international retail.?
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657253)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on February 28th, 2015 @ 5:01pm CST
SW's SilverHammer wrote:
Va'al wrote:
ScottyP wrote:

But, just a guess. :D

More like the figures carried over from Wave 1 into the next will have the comics. Remember, while we denote only the new figures, later assortment will mix in older figures as well.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657269)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 28th, 2015 @ 6:35pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't see the point in this? :???:

Are you talking about the comics or the menasor pictures, if the latter then I agree, in my opinion there's no need to go to that extreme, but you know what they say, can't please everyone
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657287)
Posted by shajaki on February 28th, 2015 @ 7:42pm CST
ZeroWolf wrote:
the two extra blackjacks maybe, but the way he's configured on the chest i thought looked awesome.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657295)
Posted by Cobotron on February 28th, 2015 @ 8:06pm CST
shajaki wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
looks way more like super-powered upgrade armor than the intended way. >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Pack-In Comics Details and Further Information (1657339)
Posted by King Kuuga on February 28th, 2015 @ 11:52pm CST
dragons wrote:these storys sound recycled from books from idw i could be misreading title of news post wrong

The pack-in comics are reprinted IDW comics of the Combiner Wars storyline, yes.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Stryker 1 Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Autobot Sovereign Alpha Trion 7" Action Figure  Nib" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blitzwing + Headmaster Hazard Voyager class New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return BROADSIDE BLUNDERBUSS Generations Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Darkmoon & Astrotrain Titans Return Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations - Titans Return Hyperfire & Blurr (loose)" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Deluxe Misfire and Aimless" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends Blurr SEALED G1 LG-25 Takara Titans Return Generations" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Siege War for Cybertron Barricade Action Figure Hasbro" on EBAY