Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed

Sunday, January 25th, 2015 8:07am CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 37,902

Sometimes it pays to know spanish because hot off the news of the two new Combiner Wars molds, we have official pictures for 2 new additions to the Combiner Wars line from the official website of Hasbro Spain.

These two new toys revealed are Legends Class Rodimus and Skywarp. They are both based off of the pre-existing molds of Legends Blackjack and Generations Starscream respectively. Here are the mirrored pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed

This now adds fuel to the theory that the promo picture featuring a White Ultra Prime with a Hot Rod legends car on it's chest may be of an upcoming combiner afterall.

Credit(s): Hasbro Spain

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642930)
Posted by Mindmaster on January 25th, 2015 @ 8:14am CST
So I guess I'm now obligated to get Thundercracker now. Dammit...

It's a tentative pass on Rodimus. It works for vehicle mode, but not for robot mode, even with a new head. Then again, I was going to skip the entirety of the Legends scale until Shrapnel popped up (I've been hooked ever since)...
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642931)
Posted by william-james88 on January 25th, 2015 @ 8:14am CST
Cobotron wrote:Great work amigo!

HOORAY! Skywarp. :DANCE:

Thanks buddy!
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642933)
Posted by Seibertron on January 25th, 2015 @ 8:39am CST

Rodimus, however, is blah. If he had the chest flames in robot mode, I'd say thumbs up. But without the chest flames and without the yellow "wings" (?) behind his head, it just isn't Rodimus. Vehicle mode, on the other hand, looks great, but not so much for the robot mode.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642935)
Posted by Cobotron on January 25th, 2015 @ 8:46am CST
Hey Seibertron, what are the dates for Toy Fair?
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642936)
Posted by SkyWarpt on January 25th, 2015 @ 8:55am CST
Seibertron wrote:I'm with you guys ... Skywarp is awesome and was expected since Hasbro's Mark Weber more or less tipped it off at last BotCon's Hasbro panel.

I was about to agree with you on the Rodimus but his weapon should be able to peg in his back giving him wings.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642937)
Posted by JasonCanty79 on January 25th, 2015 @ 9:06am CST
So with Hotspot and Groove Reveal, Hotspot can be retooled into Onslaught (AKA The 'Slaught!). Groove makes a great Ransack, or even Technobot Afterburner!

Also if recolored Properly Bruticus/Defensor teams
could be recolored into Battle Gaia, Guard City, G2 Bruticus and Defensor,
Decepticon Ruination, FOC WRECKER Ruination, and even Rotorstorm's Joked Wrecker combiner from Last Stand of the Wreckers, with Pyro being repainted
from Hotspot.

We got Optimus/Motormaster (With some white Ultra Prime Possibly coming soon), which could easily be turned into Thunderclash in the future As well as Nemesis Prime and Mechine Wars Prime, and even Energon Prime( BUt probably won't happen :sad: ).

Hotspot and Possibly Onslaught confirmed (With tones of Repaint potential
from them in the future which I KNOW won't happen :sad: :sad: )

I wonder who Silverbolt will be retooled into. ;) I would love to see
Him retooled into Skyquake, and the Areobots into the Sky Preditors/Jet Corps ( http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jet_Corps ) with their combined mode being called Scrash (who is probably Skyquake unreleased in Japan). But I heard rumors that Silverbolt would be recolored into someone else surprising... Hmmm
:shock: :-?
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642941)
Posted by Seibertron on January 25th, 2015 @ 9:17am CST
Cobotron wrote:Hey Siebertron, what are the dates for Toy Fair?

Hasbro's press event is on Saturday, February 14th. We'll have news posted from the event starting around 1:30pm to 3:00pm and then photos from the event starting around 6pm (with a few teasers prior to that).

The main Toy Fair event, where we find licensed products, is on Sunday for me.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642942)
Posted by wilcosu35 on January 25th, 2015 @ 9:26am CST
Seibertron wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Hey Siebertron, what are the dates for Toy Fair?

The main Toy Fair event, where we find licensed products, is on Sunday for me.

Thanks for the info :) i'll be celebrating my birthday on the 14th so i'll have some nice things to read after the last guests have left.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642943)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on January 25th, 2015 @ 9:34am CST
This Rodimus? No no no, Hasbro please give us a decent version of Hot Rod (no not the Takara Springer repaint)..
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642945)
Posted by Janus Prime on January 25th, 2015 @ 9:42am CST
Por la sanja del culo! That´s awesome!
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642946)
Posted by Cobotron on January 25th, 2015 @ 9:49am CST
Seibertron wrote:
Cobotron wrote:Hey Siebertron, what are the dates for Toy Fair?

The main Toy Fair event, where we find licensed products, is on Sunday for me.
Thanks Boss. Have a great trip!
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642954)
Posted by Desslok2201 on January 25th, 2015 @ 10:27am CST
Wolfman Jake wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Desslok2201 wrote:I included powerglide and blackjack in those numbers, as i put both teams at six instead of 5- I think they're going to consider the constructicons something outside the norm, like a store exclusive which they won't count. I didn't make up the 16 molds, that's what they said they were doing.

Who said that and when? Where?

I'll see if I can find the exact quote, but I remember it very clearly from the announcement panel from last year. I'm not trying to start a fight, I'm just saying that they have all they need now to make to make Superion, Menasor, Defensor, and Bruticus, and that the last two will probably be altered like the first two have.

You're confused. It was announced that there would be 16 mainline/mass-market DELUXE scale releases for 2015, not just "16 different molds" across all price points/size classes. We even know who the 16 deluxes are now: Air Raid, Fireflight, Sky Dive, Alpha Bravo, Dragstrip, Dead End, Breakdown, Off Road, First Aid, Streetwise, Blades, Rook, Ironhide, Prowl, Sunstreaker, and Mirage.

Thanks. That's exactly what I was thinking, and I'm not too stubborn to admit I was wrong. Which I was.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642960)
Posted by Gearslide on January 25th, 2015 @ 10:48am CST
So, with the 16 Deluxes pretty much confirmed, and Slingshot and Wildrider getting figures by Takara, AND that rumored listing of them in North American Toys R Us Systems, it seems completely possible that they will be TRU exclusives. That could be why they aren't counted in the standard 16.

Same thing could be the case with Devastator, if that turns out to be true.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642961)
Posted by shajaki on January 25th, 2015 @ 10:49am CST
thank you hasbro for giving us our seekers!

but rodimus.... thats a letdown. its a blackjack retool isnt it?
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642962)
Posted by JasonCanty79 on January 25th, 2015 @ 10:51am CST
If only we can get Sunstorm repaint! :michaelbay: :michaelbay: :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642963)
Posted by ZeroWolf on January 25th, 2015 @ 11:02am CST
I was just thinking to myself earlier about a repaint of black Jack :D love both so i'll get both. how many legends have we seen so far.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642968)
Posted by MaverickPrime on January 25th, 2015 @ 11:16am CST
Also, Skywarp! I will try to get that one, and maybe I'll search for Acid Storm as well, so...what the hell, I'll try to get the four releases of that mold xD
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642970)
Posted by JasonCanty79 on January 25th, 2015 @ 11:18am CST
MaverickPrime wrote:I wanted a deluxe Hot Rod, damn it! But well, lets keep up some hope, aftr all, Thundercraker just got a Legends and is also gonna get a leader, right? Poor Protoman, so close yet so far :/

Poor Protoman? :???:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642973)
Posted by Railbomb on January 25th, 2015 @ 11:32am CST
Wow... 2 complete sets of the original seekers within a matter of 3 years. Didn't expect that.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Rodimus and Skywarp Revealed (1642976)
Posted by munkimus prime on January 25th, 2015 @ 11:39am CST
Ooh Skywarp looks pretty nice and I'm also quite Tempted by Roddy. Now Ultra Prime can be a clone of Menasor. Still hoping for a larger Hotrod figure later on but anything is possible.

Hotspot Looks Interesting but It's not the final toy so I'll reseve Judgement until Toy Fair. Glad to see they kept Groove in since he is the one Protectobot who needed a new Figure.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series Hot Rod 86 Voyager Class Action Figure - F0712" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure One step changer TAV05 Fixit" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Collectors Club Botcon TFCC 2016 Membership Figure Ramjet" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Adventure deluxe TAV-08 Gregevor" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE MEGA OPTIMUS PRIME, 2015." on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers loose Movie Revenge of the Fallen (ROFT) Deluxe Chromia" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Botcon Exclusive Sgt. Hound" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers MEGATRONUS Complete Warrior Rid 2015 Toys R Us Exclusive" on EBAY