Transformers News: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine

Monday, December 8th, 2014 3:45AM CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 47,476

You must have heard of that Singapore store event launching Transformers Combiner Wars - TAG Hobby has posted some nice, clear images of the whole thing a completely different event in Hong Kong, featuring the new Optimus Prime figure, Silverbolt and Aerialbots (minus one), Dragstrip and Legend Class Powerglide, Windcharger, Thundercracker and Bombshell. Added bonus is showing off that all Legend figures can 'combine' with any Voyager torso, as william-james88 has also showed before - check it out below!

Credit(s): TAG Hobby

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628060)
Posted by Insurgent on December 8th, 2014 @ 4:21am CST
Mmmm, that Bombshell looks nice.

Hope we get a legends kickback someday to complete them.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628061)
Posted by Va'al on December 8th, 2014 @ 4:25am CST

If it weren't for the fact that the comics fiction does not allow for Megatron in his current state to be part of Combiner Wars (MTMTE is not part of the event, it's doing its own thing, probably with Drift: EoS if it decides to make sense), I'd be speculating like a wild thing. :-?
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628075)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 8th, 2014 @ 4:57am CST
Va'al I already am speculating :P and I have a theory, though it only concerns the normal looking Megatron. Basically once elegant chaos is done and dusted. Megs leads the lost light back to cybertron to lend a hand with Defensor in tow.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628096)
Posted by It Is Him on December 8th, 2014 @ 7:12am CST
This looks sick.

Also, I plan on reading the rest of this thread at some point. I've been pretty pumped about this line for months.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628116)
Posted by GuyIncognito on December 8th, 2014 @ 9:03am CST

Ah, I see I'm not the only person wondering about this:

Insurgent wrote:Mmmm, that Bombshell looks nice.

Hope we get a legends kickback someday to complete them.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628117)
Posted by Cobotron on December 8th, 2014 @ 9:05am CST
Hey, where is Huffer? He's not in those pictures. :-?
I thought he was coming in wave one.
They usually release Legends in groups of 4, and I see four of them there, so
Huffer is wave 2?
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628118)
Posted by Cobotron on December 8th, 2014 @ 9:06am CST
GuyIncognito wrote:Now that Generations Bombshell is joining Shrapnel (Skrapnel), can we assume that Kickback is coming at some point? (I hope they're not thinking "We already made a Generations Kickback (FoC), so we don't need to make another.")

I had this same fear.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628120)
Posted by jogunwarrior on December 8th, 2014 @ 9:10am CST

I'm on the fence about Powerglide...I really like the Classics version, and while I like the look of the robot mode on this one, the vehicle mode is just okay. He's one of those that I'll pick up if I find him but won't hunt him down.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628122)
Posted by jogunwarrior on December 8th, 2014 @ 9:14am CST
The Classics Silverbolt has really grown on me, and I'd love to see the robot modes of both that one and this new one side by side. I'm obviously going to have to purchase the new one to get my Superion, but I need to decide whether or not to keep the Classics version, or find a new home for him.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628123)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 8th, 2014 @ 9:16am CST
jogunwarrior wrote:Wow Superion looks great...even better when the lower legs are attached correctly.

But you'll miss him as a kick ass weapon for the combiner :)
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628127)
Posted by megatronus on December 8th, 2014 @ 9:32am CST
ZeroWolf wrote:

But you'll miss him as a kick ass weapon for the combiner :)

Yea, Powerglide looks pretty great.

I never got the Ultra Class version for whatever reason, so this Legends figure will make a great Powerglide. At any rate, I do have Universe Stromcloud, so at least I'll have that older mold in my collection in some form or another.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628128)
Posted by megatronus on December 8th, 2014 @ 9:34am CST
Sorry for this second post, but...

Superion looks AWESOME. I'm liking him better than any iteration - 3rd Party or otherwise - that came before him.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628130)
Posted by Robogeek1973 on December 8th, 2014 @ 9:41am CST
Bombshell and Powerglide look oh so sexy. :D
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628134)
Posted by Noideaforaname on December 8th, 2014 @ 9:52am CST

Va'al wrote:You know, I keep thinking about those two Leader Megatron figures that are also meant to come out next year, and find it weird that they're part of a select few that do not combine with anything.

Yeah, I feel like there's got to be more to Megatron.

Although I kinda half expect them to make a Movie Galvatron out of Prime instead... or maybe Scourge/Nemesis Prime? *shrug* Dunno if they'd want another black/dark grey Decepticon truck though.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628136)
Posted by megatronus on December 8th, 2014 @ 9:55am CST
Noideaforaname wrote:I wonder if those Legends are intended to combine with Prime, or if it's just a fan-mode or some such. IIRC Powerglide is the only one advertised as being able to combine... but Bombshell seems to be hinting at something with those knee pegs and hand-cannons.

Yeah, I feel like there's got to be more to Megatron.

I wouldn't mind a Generations Megatron out of a truck - so long as the bot mode takes most of its major cues from G1, Megatron can have any alt mode, and I'd be happy.

We just need a good Generations-style voyager Megatron. That's all I've wanted for years. And unfortunately, Cloud Megatron is the best thing we've gotten in that department since the Classics mold, which was good in its time, but hasn't really held up (IMHO) like the Classics Prime mold has.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628137)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 8th, 2014 @ 9:57am CST

My guess is the combining feature will be focused in the Deluxe and Voyager Classes only. Legends and Leaders will be exempt i.e. be part of Combiner Wars "in name only" it looks like, except a certain few (basically, anyone who has a direct correlation with any of the teams). I wonder if this will be reflected in the two comic book series... :-?
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628139)
Posted by megatronus on December 8th, 2014 @ 10:00am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

It seems like they're trying to integrate these Legends, regardless of any corresponding team. And that makes sense (and I think it's really cool), given how the designers have been trying to make the combiner gimmick as modular as possible.

As it is, BlackJack on Menasor looks pretty cool. But I wouldn't mind changing it up with Thundercracker if that fills in the torso a bit more.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628140)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 8th, 2014 @ 10:03am CST
megatronus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Yeah, I'm not really sure if that was actually intentional i.e. by design. Blackjack and Powerglide, yes, but the rest? Until Hasbro says otherwise, I'll consider them fan modes if anything else.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628142)
Posted by megatronus on December 8th, 2014 @ 10:08am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
megatronus wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

That's fair. I mean, it's hard to see how Huffer would combine with anyone, or serve as a weapon, so the use of older Legends molds (it's funny to say older since they've been out what, a year?) such as the Seeker (in this case, Thundercracker) combination may very well be a fan mode.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars - Hong Kong Store Launch Event: Legends and Voyagers Combine (1628144)
Posted by ZeroWolf on December 8th, 2014 @ 10:16am CST
Thing is thundercracker makes sense given the comic at least.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Masterpiece MPM-7 Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #222 - The Real Ghostbusters
"The Real Ghostbusters"
Posted: Sunday, May 12th, 2019

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Studio Series #40 Shatter Action Figure New & Sealed!" on EBAY
Buy "Lot of 2 Transformers Studio Series Action Figures - Dropkick and Scrapmetal" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Club Subcriptions Timelines Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO TRANSFORMERS STUDIO SERIES 08 LEADER CLASS DECEPTICON BLACKOUT Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "1984 Transformers G1 Soundwave Constructicon Hook No Weapons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generation 2 1993 Aerialbots Limb AIR RAID complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Beast Wars Telemocha Excl. Japan TM-04 Waspinator MISB!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers The Last Knight Premier Deluxe Skullitron Deluxe Action Figu" on EBAY