Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere

Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere

Sunday, February 22nd, 2015 10:38am CST

Categories: Toy News, People News
Posted by: shajaki   Views: 37,265

All you art lovers out there a about to get a second dose from Marcelo Matere as he shows off the line art for Combiner Wars Superion! Others noted that his previously revealed Devastator art was more G1 inspired rather than Combiner Wars, but you'll see with Superion's Alpha Bravo leg that he's captured the true spirit of the line. See what Marcelo Matere has to say about his piece:
Combiner Wars Superion pencils artwork - 2014 - Since the final image was show, now I'm allowed to post this image. The studio that does the color for the Transformers Legends game worked on the colors for the final illustration ! They did a great job!

But enough talk, you want to see the art. Keep scrolling to see it, and visit Seibertron.com for all your Transformers News!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Discussion Thread

Credit(s): Marcelo Matere

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654625)
Posted by Syn_13 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 10:44am CST
Nice art work! Looks pretty faithful to the figure.

Menasor looks a lot better when the legs are displayed as below. Now just a case of whether I want him to have the chest open, or closed. I'm thinking closed at the moment, looks a lot less top heavy. Would like to see another pic of him like this with Blackjack in there, but so far I've not been keen on how Blackjack looks sitting in there.

Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654631)
Posted by Valandar on February 22nd, 2015 @ 11:05am CST
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654634)
Posted by Syn_13 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 11:13am CST
Valandar wrote:Having the surprising quality and relative sturdiness of a mostly completed Superion in my hands only makes me even angrier about the piece of crap that was FOC Bruticus. On the other hand, it does make me look forward to the rest of this line. :D

The thing is with FoC Bruticus is that the figure was just created as an individual set and not part of a toyline devoted to combiners. They got it out there off the back of the video games and in some ways was a good way to test the water at how well Generations combiners would be received.

Combiner Wars is their new pet project, it's a serious toyline that they know they have to get right. It's a big risk because if people are burnt by Superion, like they were with Bruticus, they won't be successful. This is why I think Superion has been released first, it's the best looking. Like releasing the opening track of an album as a single, which happens often.

I still like my Bruticus, he really kickstarted me into collecting after a trip to Japan where I picked up the Takara versions, so he's got a place in my heart. On his own he has some big flaws, but I think the Third Party upgrades help a little. He's a lot better with the Boosticus set, and looks good with a Voyager torso from Microblaze's Notslaught (although apparently that makes him a fair bit bigger than Superion). I've not invested in the latter as I think the Boosticus set looks good enough for what isn't the best of figures already.

I'm not sure whether I'll pick up the CW Bruticus, because I actually like the Cybertronian aesthetic of FoC Bruticus, but if it's as good as the rest of this line has been so far, I may just have to.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654645)
Posted by Alpha Dominus on February 22nd, 2015 @ 11:31am CST
Damn! Once again Marcelo knocks it outta the park. Umm...Leader Class Ultra Magnus next please :BOT: ?
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654683)
Posted by ZeroWolf on February 22nd, 2015 @ 1:26pm CST
Love that picture, like it better than the devy one actually.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654708)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on February 22nd, 2015 @ 2:19pm CST
Syn_13 wrote:Nice art work! Looks pretty faithful to the figure.

Finally a good picture of menasor!!!, looks a lot better when the legs are mistransformed
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654718)
Posted by hinomars19 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 2:45pm CST
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654723)
Posted by Va'al on February 22nd, 2015 @ 2:57pm CST
hinomars19 wrote:Curious as to where the art work is to be used, since Superion doesn't have a box. Takara's set perhaps? Or is it promo art for something else? :-?

Scroll down on this page to see one occurrence! :D
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654728)
Posted by Dr. Caelus on February 22nd, 2015 @ 3:08pm CST
I saw someone started this the other day, but didn't finish:

G1 Silverbolt - Aérospatiale-BAC Concorde Passenger Jet
Maximum speed: ≈1,354 mph, 2,179 km/h, 1,176 knots (Mach 2.04) at cruise altitude
Service ceiling: 60,000 ft (18,300 m)

G1 Skydive - General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon
High Altitude: 1,320 mph, 2,120 km/h (Mach 2) clean configuration
Low Altitude: 915 mph, 1,470 km/h (Mach 1.2)
Service ceiling: 50,000+ ft[2] (15,240+ m)

G1 Air-Raid - McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle
High altitude: 1,650+ mph, 2,665+ km/h (Mach 2.5+)
Low altitude: 900 mph, 1,450 km/h (Mach 1.2)
Service ceiling: 65,000 ft (20,000 m)

G1 Fireflight - McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II
Maximum speed: 1,472 mph, 2,370 km/h (Mach 2.23) at 40,000 ft (12,190 m)

G1 Slingshot - British Aerospace Sea Harrier FA2
Maximum speed: 735 mph, 1,182 km/h (Mach 0.96?)
Service ceiling: 51,000 ft (16,000 m)

------------------------

CW Silverbolt - Modified Aérospatiale-BAC Concorde Passenger Jet(?)
Service ceiling: 60,000 ft (18,300 m)

CW Skydive - McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet (Hybrid with General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon)
High Altitude (Falcon): 1,320 mph, 2,120 km/h (Mach 2)
Low altitude (Hornet): 915 mph, 1,473 km/h (Mach 1.2)
Service ceiling (Falcon): 50,000+ ft (15,240+ m)

CW Air-Raid - Grumman F-14 Tomcat (Hybrid with McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet)
High altitude (Tomcat): 1,544 mph, 2,485 km/h (Mach 2.34)
Low altitude (Hornet): 915 mph, 1,473 km/h (Mach 1.2)
Service ceiling (Tomcat): 50,000+ ft (15,200 m)

CW Firefly - McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II Plus
Maximum speed: 673 mph, 1,083 km/h (Mach 0.9)

CW Slingshot - McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II Plus
Maximum speed: 673 mph, 1,083 km/h (Mach 0.9)

CW Alpha Bravo - Modified Aerospatiale Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin - twin engines
Maximum speed: 190 mph; 306 km/h
Service ceiling: 5,865 m (19,242 ft)

CW Blades - Modified Aerospatiale Eurocopter HH-65 Dolphin (SA366 G1)
Maximum speed: 201 mph; 324 km/h
Service ceiling: 5,486 m (17,999 ft)

------------------------------------------

So, ranked for speed:

G1 Air-Raid - 1,650+ mph, 2,665+ km/h

CW Air-Raid - 1,544 mph, 2,485 km/h

G1 Fireflight - 1,472 mph, 2,370 km/h

G1 Silverbolt - ≈1,354 mph, 2,179 km/h

CW Silverbolt - ≈1,354 mph, 2,179 km/h

G1 Skydive - 1,320 mph, 2,120 km/h

CW Skydive - 1,320 mph, 2,120 km/h

G1 Slingshot - 735 mph, 1,182 km/h

CW Firefly - 673 mph, 1,083 km/h

CW Slingshot - 673 mph, 1,083 km/h

CW Blades - 201 mph; 324 km/h

CW Alpha Bravo - 190 mph; 306 km/h

So, unfortunately, without some sort of teleportation system, Alpha Bravo does get left behind, even by his fellow new Aerialbot Powerglide, who tops out at 439mph (unarmed). Of course, everyone gets ditched by Blastoff who orbits at 17,180 mph (27,650 km/h), but I don't thing that really counts.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654752)
Posted by hinomars19 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 3:54pm CST
Va'al wrote:

Scroll down on this page to see one occurrence! :D

OOh, nifty! Cheers Va'al :D
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654762)
Posted by Cobotron on February 22nd, 2015 @ 4:28pm CST
Just picked up Legends Windcharger today. That completes wave 1 for me.
But my random thought of the day is, This opalescent red plastic that he is cast in is gorgeous, just GORGEOUS!
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654764)
Posted by megatronus on February 22nd, 2015 @ 4:36pm CST
The more I see of Menasor, the more I like him, especially with the mis-transformed/not-pegged-in legs. The only thing that's really irking me at this point is the way the trunks of the cars flip over when in leg mode, but I guess I'll get over that, too.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654781)
Posted by prjkt on February 22nd, 2015 @ 5:26pm CST
Cobotron wrote:Just picked up Legends Windcharger today. That completes wave 1 for me.

The colour is great, I just haven't opened the packaging yet, as I' e already got the United set, and not sure if I need another Windcharger...
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654782)
Posted by Cobotron on February 22nd, 2015 @ 5:34pm CST
prjkt wrote:

I just picked up that United set too, which is why I was reluctant to even get this version. But that plastic kinda made it worth it alone. Or that's just guilt justifying it for me. :lol:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654783)
Posted by Genericon #378 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 5:35pm CST
Hmmmmmm.......a lot of awesome looking figures have been revealed at Toy Fair. Now, I'm going to skip getting Warpath, and stick with my United Warpath. I really like the G.I. Joe homage in Viper, so definitely getting him. Protectobots look good, will be picking those up. Now Devastator is where I come to a draw: I like the combined form, but I HATE a couple of the individual designs. For starters, why doesn't Scrapper have elbow joints? Was it that hard? Secondly, why does Long Haul look like utter crap. I'm talking about the proportions, like him having a really wide chest, and articulation, like elbows only moving inward. The rest are great.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654790)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 5:53pm CST
i remember watching a vid and the hasbro designers were so over hyping the combiner wars, for that vid i knew they would be a joke.....

wft is this hasbro, u kidding me.......hes a goddamn mess. very very laughable........ :HEADHURTS:
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654807)
Posted by prjkt on February 22nd, 2015 @ 6:37pm CST
Cobotron wrote:
prjkt wrote:

:lol: I thought so based on your sig image :p

I may end up giving Legends Windcharger to my partner's nephew
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654834)
Posted by helli0n on February 22nd, 2015 @ 7:23pm CST

IMG_2033b.jpg
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654845)
Posted by william-james88 on February 22nd, 2015 @ 7:38pm CST
helli0n wrote:Found the Armada version at a Toys R Us in San Diego. There were zero other Combiner Wars figures (frustrating since I am still looking for two CW Powerglide & Bombshell). It was like finding needle in a haystack of RiD and Generation figures...

Since this has already been reported here several times, it is best to write post like these in the appropriate sightings section instead. Like that, the flow of the conversation here isn't halted and people from your area who don't read this thread can know which stores might stock the figure.
Re: Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Superion Art by Marcelo Matere (1654973)
Posted by DEANO85 on February 23rd, 2015 @ 1:03am CST
Still waiting for combiner wars stuff to show up in shops here in Australia. Hopefully we should get them in the next few weeks.

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe 20 Mercenary Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Leader Class Thundercracker Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #270 - An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster
"An Ox, a Seagull and a Monster"
Posted: Sunday, February 14th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Earthrise Leader Sky Lynx" on EBAY
Buy "Takara TOMY Transformers Legends LG 53 Broadside no box" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS: Blitzwing Titans Return Voyager Class Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends series LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Skylynx Earthrise" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS HASBRO TAKARA TOMY TARGETMASTER HEADMASTER HOT ROD LG 45" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titan Returns Blurr #A54 No Weapons Included." on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Reissue Titan Return Hardhead Walmart Exclusive US Seller in Hand" on EBAY