Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail

Thursday, January 30th, 2014 1:37PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 22,552

Good news Generations fans! The highly anticipated Transformers Generations 2014 Deluxe Wave 2 has been sighted at retail. This wave features Armada Starscream, Scoop with Holepunch & Caliburst, the Mini-con Assault Team, and Skywarp. The figures were found at a Langhorne, PA Target by Seibertron.com member GuyIncognito.

Got a sighting of your own? Be sure to update our handy sightings tool and let your fellow local collectors know in our sighting subforum.

Transformers News: Re: Gen 2014 Series 2 Deluxes found at Target!
Credit(s): GuyIncognito
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546549)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 30th, 2014 @ 1:39pm CST
I might get that Starscream. Scoop looks good, too. As does Skywarp, but they will probably be a pass.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546551)
Posted by Triptykon on January 30th, 2014 @ 1:46pm CST
Sweet! Tax time is just around the corner. Hoping to at least snag Scream and the combiners.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546553)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 30th, 2014 @ 1:48pm CST
I bought Scoop and the Mini-con team. I passed on SS because it just doesn't interest me and on Skywarp because I already have the SS and TC versions of that mold and don't like THAT much that I need a 3rd, even if it IS Skywarp. (Of course, I say that now, but will probably end up picking up both of them later.)
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546554)
Posted by dirk2243 on January 30th, 2014 @ 1:51pm CST
I'm passing on the Starscream as well, however I will be getting his repaint coming out. Scoop for sure and perhaps Skywarp.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546564)
Posted by Mirage22 on January 30th, 2014 @ 2:09pm CST
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546566)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 30th, 2014 @ 2:14pm CST
Mirage22 wrote:Wait, I'm confused. How does the wave-breakdown in this incarnation of Generations? I thought Wave 2 was Thudercracker and Hoist. Were they just part of a Wave 1 revision?

With Hasbro, Wave numbers are reset after New Year's. Technically speaking this is Wave 4 total, but only Wave 2 for 2014.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546568)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on January 30th, 2014 @ 2:16pm CST
The wave numbering reset for the 2014 product releases. Wave 1 Deluxe 2014 was Goldfire, Dreadwing, Skids, and Waspinator.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546569)
Posted by rpetras on January 30th, 2014 @ 2:19pm CST
I only want the combiner and Skywarp.

I don't like the mold that much either, but I have to have all 3 seekers, and Skywarp is my favorite of the three.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546574)
Posted by PrymeStriker on January 30th, 2014 @ 2:43pm CST
Wanting Scoop & Screamer. Not interested in Skywarp, and those Minicons are ugly as hell.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546582)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 30th, 2014 @ 3:11pm CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Not to argue semantics, but shouldn't this be 2014 Wave 1? I found Skids, Dreadwing, Waspinator and Goldfire at TRU last year, in early December. I know others did, too.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546587)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 30th, 2014 @ 3:19pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

True, but it's not uncommon for Waves to be released ahead of schedule. Hasbro (apparently) call it Series 2, and the stores stick with it.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546589)
Posted by Bounti76 on January 30th, 2014 @ 3:25pm CST
Ahhhh. Noted. :)
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546590)
Posted by STINGRAY749 on January 30th, 2014 @ 3:27pm CST
I can't wait to get Starscream, but first I still need to find a waspinator.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546595)
Posted by megatronus on January 30th, 2014 @ 3:37pm CST
Picked up the whole wave today at a Target in the Bronx (225th St).

I'm super impressed with Scoop & Starscream. Skywarp is what you would expect, but I like that deco much better than the recent Thundercracker and FOC Starscream. Jury's out on the Mini-Con team.

EDIT-1: I really, really hope they repaint Scoop, give him a new head and call him Scrapper.

EDIT-2: I just stood Armada SS next to Generations Skywarp & Thundercracker, and they look great together. I like this Seeker configuration a whole lot better than having all 3 be FOC Seekers.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546600)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 30th, 2014 @ 3:46pm CST
Bounti76 wrote:Not to argue semantics, but shouldn't this be 2014 Wave 1?

It may be the first wave to hit retail in 2014, but the actual packaging literally says "SERIES 02". Any way you cut it, the naming/numbering is confusing.

The Tankor/Rattrap/Crosscut wave is Series 03.

I don't know what Series 04 is, but according to BBTS Series 05 is going to be Waspinator, Scoop, Aree and Chromia.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546604)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 30th, 2014 @ 4:05pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:
Bounti76 wrote:Not to argue semantics, but shouldn't this be 2014 Wave 1?

The Tankor/Rattrap/Crosscut wave is Series 03.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Once again, Series 04 is Jhiaxus (Armada Starscream retool), Nightbeat (Jazz Retool) and Windblade. Funnily enough, it seems to have switched dates with Series 05, I'm assuming because of Windblade needing more time.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546613)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on January 30th, 2014 @ 4:52pm CST
I'm getting all 4 of these mofes on sight. Love the FOC seeker mold.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546632)
Posted by ZackRoyer on January 30th, 2014 @ 6:47pm CST
Hah! Find any generation at retail in Brazil, I dare you!
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546634)
Posted by Morbalis on January 30th, 2014 @ 6:56pm CST
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up. I bought a full set, and left a full set at the Target in Riverview FL.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe 2014 Wave 2 Sighted at Retail (1546640)
Posted by spiderbob007 on January 30th, 2014 @ 7:56pm CST
Where's Cosmos and Swerve? I have checked Toys R Us, Target, Wal-Mart, and so far bupkis.

Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Playskool Heroes Transformers Rescue Bots Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Voyager Inferno Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #228 - Afterthoughts
"Afterthoughts"
Posted: Monday, August 12th, 2019

Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS Shockwave, Megatron, Iron hide Lot of 3" on EBAY
Buy "OPTIMUS MAXIMUS TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE Lights, Sounds, Launching Missiles" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Deluxe Autobot HOT SHOT MOC NEW Series 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Deluxe Decepticon RUMBLE MOC NEW Series 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Deluxe Autobot SERGEANT KUP MOC NEW" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Deluxe Decepticon VEHICON MIB NEW Series 1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots In Disguise Voyager Class Star Seeker THUNDERTRON MIB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Deluxe Class Autobot Arcee MOSC" on EBAY