Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images

Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images

Tuesday, June 4th, 2013 8:34pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Auctions
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 30,932

eBay seller toyssir8982009 has listed an auction for a test shot of Hasbro's upcoming Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing. The figure will be redeco/retool of the soon to be released Transformers Generations Deluxe Megatron, which is based on his stealth bomber body from IDW Publishing's Transformers comics. Check out the images mirrored from the auction below:

Re: NEW Transformers Generations Dreadwing Test shots

Re: NEW Transformers Generations Dreadwing Test shots

Re: NEW Transformers Generations Dreadwing Test shots

Re: NEW Transformers Generations Dreadwing Test shots

Re: NEW Transformers Generations Dreadwing Test shots

Re: NEW Transformers Generations Dreadwing Test shots

Credit(s): toyssir8982009

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492727)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 4th, 2013 @ 9:12pm CDT
The awkwardness is strong in this one...

I seriously like this mold, but not as Megatron. Like I've said before, I have plenty of Classics-ish Megatrons, and similarly to Bumblebee, it would feel repetitive to get it as Megatron. Now since it's Dreadwing, there's nothing stopping me from getting this version (unless, of course, scalpers and the whole shebang). =P~
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492730)
Posted by YoungPrime on June 4th, 2013 @ 9:27pm CDT
So repaint breakdown so far consist of:

IDW Megatron = Dreadwing
IDW Trail Cutter = Hoist
Voyager Springer = Sandstorm
FOC Starscream = Thundercracker/Skywarp???

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492733)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 4th, 2013 @ 9:33pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:

Well, we were teased with a comic cover featuring what looked like IDW Bumblebee colored like Goldbug, so there's that.

I could see a younger version of Kup coming from Orion, as a mirror to the fact that the first Orion toy we got came from Generation One Kup.

One suggestion for Blitzwing is Flywheels. If they did that, I'd buy it up in a heartbeat.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492734)
Posted by Henry921 on June 4th, 2013 @ 9:34pm CDT
Blitzwing can't really be repainted into anyone...

But I could see Bumblebee being retooled into Cliffjumper, and Orion Pax into G1 Dion or another "young" Kup.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492736)
Posted by emeraldbeacon on June 4th, 2013 @ 9:48pm CDT
YoungPrime wrote:So what will IDW Bumblebee, Orion Pax and Blitzwing possibly be repainted/remolded into?

Bumblebee is a muscle car, so anything that would be appropriate for that could work. I wouldn't mind seeing him in black & white, with a lightbar on his roof, in a sort of 70's cop version of Barricade.

Orion Pax could, as mentioned above, give us a decent Kup. Almost any truck-like robot could work, too... Ironhide, Ratchet, Skids, Crankcase... Unicron Trilogy Red Alert would be an interesting addition, too.

The dual jet/tank alternate forms of Blitzwing lends itself to two different transformers characters, by my count. Flywheels is one... Overlord/Gigatron is the other.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492737)
Posted by Mkall on June 4th, 2013 @ 9:54pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:The awkwardness is strong in this one...

I'm getting the Megatron version and calling him Megaplex, it'll be tricky for me not to troop-build him.

I do own G2 Dreadwing, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this version. Maybe I'll make his a Micromaster homage or something.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492740)
Posted by Grahf_ on June 4th, 2013 @ 10:03pm CDT
This figure looks great as either character and I plan on getting them both. Despite us having many different versions of Megatron that can be used on a "classics" shelf, I feel that unlike Bumblebee, Megatron is always done in a different enough deco or altmode to warrant each of them. I actually have quite a few different versions of Megatron on the same shelf and if I had the money, I'd have a few more.

We got lucky with classics BB as we can use one as Hubcap, one as Bumper, one as yellow Cliffjumper and one as Goldbug, especially with the third party heads for that figure. However, I just get mad at the fact that Hastak can throw a dart at a color wheel and land on almost any color and it could be used as a different character like (Glyph, Tapout, Bugbite, Wasp and so on) but they always seem to land on yellow when they do that. I get that they think that BB is a top seller for kids despite every store being overstocked with him, so they keep repainting him. But can't they give us a white BB with no yellow, call him Bumblebee but have him be an obvious homage to Bugbite for collectors? You know, kill two birds with one needless recolor? They get the Bumblebee name on a new toy and we get a figure that can easily be used as a different character. The grey PRID BB and the upcoming black Beast Hunters BB both have too much yellow to not be BB and lets not forget the upcoming Rise of the Predacons BB who's just Beast Hunters BB with blue arms and legs. Optimus Prime falls into this same category but he has less repaint options than BB does.

This is about a Megatron mold though and I say bring on all the Megs you got Hasbro. So long as they have different alt modes, paint jobs and in some cases, heads. Also, keep bringing on retools like Dreadwing here out of Megatron molds.

I don't know if what I just typed is going to make any sense to anyone else but it does to me as I'm typing it so oh well. :michaelbay:
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492772)
Posted by SG Roadbuster on June 5th, 2013 @ 12:06am CDT
YoungPrime wrote:So repaint breakdown so far consist of:

IDW Megatron = Dreadwing
IDW Trail Cutter = Hoist
Voyager Springer = Sandstorm
FOC Starscream = Thundercracker/Skywarp???

Bee=Tailgate, Windcharger, Big Daddy (or any other member of the Micromaster Hotrod patrol
Orion Pax=some sort of Autobot Pretender homage maybe? Nova prime without his wingsuit?
Blitzwing=Flywheels, Bludgeon, Slamdance, Overcharge, Gutcruncher, Reverse Convoy, Doubledealer(with extensive retooling)
(Honestly guys, I don't see an Overlord coming out of this figure, Overlord has such a distinctive profile and deserves his own mold)
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492775)
Posted by megatronus on June 5th, 2013 @ 12:31am CDT
An Overlord would be nice...

But agreed. He really does deserve his own mold.

Is it wrong of me to not care AT ALL about the [Autobot] Headmasters, and really, really, REALLY want a Classics Scorponok (Energon, doesn't count) and Overlord? Is it too much to ask?

:BANG_HEAD:

In other news, Dreadwing looks awesome.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492815)
Posted by wolverinetodd on June 5th, 2013 @ 7:55am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
YoungPrime wrote:

I'm with you as I'd buy up in a flash a re-deco of Blitzwing into Flywheels. Along those same lines I'd buy up in a flash a re-deco of Springer into Battletrap. Even though the lower half of Battletrap was a truck, some retooling of the back of Springer's legs to make them look like the bed of a pick-up truck might could work.

On that note, this is HasTak's opportunity to bring us some wonderful two-pack Transformers by the caseload. It's time for them to bring us the Transformers Clones, Autobots two-pack Cloudraker and Fastlane and Decepticons two-pack Pounce and Wingspan. And as mentioned above, true Decepticon Duocons Battletrap (Helicopter/Armored Truck) and Flywheels (Fighter Jet/Armored Tank). I would've added the Autobot Jumpstarters Topspin and Twintwist to this two-pack list, but they're already being introduced in the FOC line as part of the five-figure Ruination team.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492823)
Posted by #Sideways# on June 5th, 2013 @ 8:34am CDT
This mold.

THIS MOLD.

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492854)
Posted by Eagleblaster on June 5th, 2013 @ 10:59am CDT
That's a nice looking mold and I like the deluxe Megatron one. Would like to see the video review. But all I think when I see this bomber plane shaped figures is that they are not as good as rotf scout class Skystalker. Now that is a great figure and hard to find. I got it misb. 8)
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492894)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 5th, 2013 @ 1:43pm CDT
All I can say is...

DERP

But seriously, I'm on board. Are these just test colors, or semi-final colors?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1492912)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 5th, 2013 @ 2:56pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote: Are these just test colors, or semi-final colors?

These are the test colors. The final colors will reflect this:

Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1493048)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on June 6th, 2013 @ 12:04am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote: Are these just test colors, or semi-final colors?

These are the test colors. The final colors will reflect this:

Ack. I should have elaborated. I know the comic image. When I said semi-final, I meant that it seems the colors on the figure will remain; albeit with more details (eyes, lines, etc.). Am I making sense?
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1493081)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2013 @ 6:11am CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Nemesis Maximo wrote: Are these just test colors, or semi-final colors?

These are the test colors. The final colors will reflect this:

Understood.

The figure may have light blue on it, but judging by his appearance here, he may be primarily straight up blue. Also to note, his weapon may have red accents on it: if you look to the far left where his right arm should be, you can kinda see the cannon on his arm.
Re: Transformers Generations Deluxe Dreadwing Test Shot Images (1493090)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 6th, 2013 @ 7:38am CDT
Yeah, definitely more receptive of this as Dreadwing over Megatron. These deluxes are small enough already, and flyers tend to be at the smaller end anyway anyway. Maybe Dreadwing deserves better also.

Blow it, I'll get them both and make a decision once they're in-hand.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Grimlock Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Robots in Disguise Warrior Class Autobot Ratchet" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Hasbro Transformers Armada set DUNE RUNNER / ICEBERG / RANSACK Adventure Minicon" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Seige War For Cybertron Trilogy Hasbro Chromia Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class Optimus Prime New" on EBAY
Buy "Optimus Prime Transformers Cyberverse Adventures Battle Call Officer Class FIGUR" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY Transformers Adventure TAV56 Nemesis Prime" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Expanded Universe Botcon 2002 Glyph Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Botcon Europe 2002 Rook Keychain New Sealed" on EBAY