Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online

Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online

Monday, June 6th, 2016 1:28pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: william-james88   Views: 22,370

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

The 2016 Platinum sets have been met with mixed remarks. One of the most anticipated sets, however, is the Platinum set with Cyclonus and his Armada. Of note is the mix of clear plastic to illustrate them being reformatted, a remolding of Cyclonus' hand to have a 5mm port on both hands as well as a brand new Sweep head sculpt from Hasbro.

While this will be a Target Exclusive set in the states, it is already appearing online for whoever wants this set now at the standard Platinum Edition price of $93.99. It is currently available on e-bay by the same store selling the Exclusive LGEX figures.

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online

Credit(s): e-bay


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1797967)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 15th, 2016 @ 11:29am CDT
We have something that has come a little bit out of left field for you Americans that are reading this. Remember how the Platinum edition Robots in Disguise Bumblebee and Grimlock set became available in Canada a few weeks back? Well, we finally have an American listing for them, in the form of Entertainment Earth. Entertainment Earth not only has the set in stock for $59.99, but it is also an Entertainment Earth Exclusive. The set includes a repainted Warrior Bumblebee and Voyager Adventures Grimlock. The listing can be found by clicking on the Entertainment Earth link above.

Image
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1797980)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 15th, 2016 @ 11:44am CDT
Huh, that's not really an unreasonable price, too much for me though, and I don't want a Bumblingbee >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1797982)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 15th, 2016 @ 11:56am CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Huh, that's not really an unreasonable price, too much for me though, and I don't want a Bumblingbee >:oP

In all actuality for Americans, this is the same price as getting Takara's Grimlock and a Hasbro warrior Bee, so it is really a good price
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1797986)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 15th, 2016 @ 12:02pm CDT
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Huh, that's not really an unreasonable price, too much for me though, and I don't want a Bumblingbee >:oP

In all actuality for Americans, this is the same price as getting Takara's Grimlock and a Hasbro warrior Bee, so it is really a good price

Like I said, not a bad price - I just don't want this bumblebland
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1797999)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 15th, 2016 @ 1:36pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:
D-Maximus_Primal wrote:
Hellscream9999 wrote:Huh, that's not really an unreasonable price, too much for me though, and I don't want a Bumblingbee >:oP

In all actuality for Americans, this is the same price as getting Takara's Grimlock and a Hasbro warrior Bee, so it is really a good price

Like I said, not a bad price - I just don't want this bumblebland

And I was explanationarily agreeing with you :lol:
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1798031)
Posted by shajaki on June 15th, 2016 @ 3:40pm CDT
Y'know what's odd about this set? It's been available for a couple months now at Wal-Mart.ca and I still have yet to see any in-hand pics. And I myself have been wanting to buy it but it keeps getting put on the back burner.
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1798080)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 15th, 2016 @ 7:04pm CDT
Why did Hasbro color gray all of the parts on Grimlock that should be black?
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1798103)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on June 15th, 2016 @ 8:23pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Why did Hasbro color gray all of the parts on Grimlock that should be black?

Knowing them, probably because that shade of grey is cheaper than black paint >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1798106)
Posted by Autobot N on June 15th, 2016 @ 8:32pm CDT
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1798115)
Posted by william-james88 on June 15th, 2016 @ 9:19pm CDT

Thats different, that isnt the US local release of the figure, thats the asian release . Its the same toys and box of course, but its imported by BBTS from Hong Kong, hence why it costs 10$ more.
Exclusive just means that only one distributor is getting local stock directly. And thats what the case is here. Only EE is getting stuff directly from hasbro USA and thus doesnt have to import and pass the costs onto americans.

BBTS Is an importer, it will always have items that are "exclusive" but at an extra cost.
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1798120)
Posted by Autobot N on June 15th, 2016 @ 9:28pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

Thats different, that isnt the US local release of the figure, thats the asian release . Its the same toys and box of course, but its imported by BBTS from Hong Kong, hence why it costs 10$ more.
Exclusive just means that only one distributor is getting local stock directly. And thats what the case is here. Only EE is getting stuff directly from hasbro USA and thus doesnt have to import and pass the costs onto americans.

BBTS Is an importer, it will always have items that are "exclusive" but at an extra cost.
While that does make sense, the price alone doesn't explain it, given that BBTS upped the price on the May Mayhem exclusives from the MSRP of $17.
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1798121)
Posted by william-james88 on June 15th, 2016 @ 9:33pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:
william-james88 wrote:

Thats different, that isnt the US local release of the figure, thats the asian release . Its the same toys and box of course, but its imported by BBTS from Hong Kong, hence why it costs 10$ more.
Exclusive just means that only one distributor is getting local stock directly. And thats what the case is here. Only EE is getting stuff directly from hasbro USA and thus doesnt have to import and pass the costs onto americans.

BBTS Is an importer, it will always have items that are "exclusive" but at an extra cost.
While that does make sense, the price alone doesn't explain it, given that BBTS upped the price on the May Mayhem exclusives from the MSRP of $17.

It explains it greatly. You should know by now that BBTS does not just price according to their cost but according to the demand as well. Onslought was over 30$. And they new Groove was hot and that they would be one of the only ways to get him for now, so they charged higher. But here, they knew you could get these elesewhere for less so they dont charge more than this price, which is trying to be as competitive as possible, while still being 10$ more. And we saw that before. The Hasbro MP 10 reissue was in competition with the Takara reissue so they priced it very fair even if it was a Hong Kong import.

The price in both examples is about demand. And the demand is far higher for groove than for another platinum set of toys that could have been bought individually and easily available eslewhere.
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1798123)
Posted by Autobot N on June 15th, 2016 @ 9:42pm CDT
Yeah, I forgot about demand. I've had a very busy last two weeks and thus haven't been firing on all four cylinders.
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1798127)
Posted by william-james88 on June 15th, 2016 @ 9:53pm CDT
Autobot N wrote:Yeah, I forgot about demand. I've had a very busy last two weeks and thus haven't been firing on all four cylinders.

No worries, I hope you feel revitalized soon :)
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1798128)
Posted by Cobotron on June 15th, 2016 @ 9:58pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Why did Hasbro color gray all of the parts on Grimlock that should be black?

They wanted to make it more toy accurate instead of toon accurate. :-P
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1798129)
Posted by william-james88 on June 15th, 2016 @ 10:03pm CDT
Cobotron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Why did Hasbro color gray all of the parts on Grimlock that should be black?

They wanted to make it more toy accurate instead of toon accurate. :-P

:lol:

I feel they wanted to do something different and offer collectors another deco variation. These are apparently not planned by the Hasbro team we know (they are very distant from this line) so I figure its more from the Hasbro Asia side of things and since they are concsious of the collector mindset, they probably figured this would sell more than just rereleasing figures in decos people already have.
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1799541)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on June 22nd, 2016 @ 9:57am CDT
Site sponsor Robotkingdom has put a pre-order for a Hasbro Platinum Edition Unicron. The final design has not been revealed but it is expected to be similar to the 25th Anniversary Unicron which was an Amazon exclusive and featured a new head sculpt. It is set for a December 2016 release.

Image
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1799542)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 22nd, 2016 @ 10:01am CDT
Dammit, I kinda want that...
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1799546)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 22nd, 2016 @ 10:06am CDT
So, this'll make a total of four special commemorative uses (Universe 2008 Welcome to TF 2010, Amazon, and now Platinum Edition) of the Armada Unicron mold?
Re: Transformers Generations Platinum Armada of Cyclonus Set Now Available Online (1799548)
Posted by Randomhero on June 22nd, 2016 @ 10:08am CDT
I just sold my 25th anniversary Amazon exclusive! No regrets, it was awesome but it did just stand on a display collecting dust. I think it was $75 back in 2011 I pray it's not $150 for the people who want this .

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Nitro Series Barricade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Blackwing" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Deluxe Twin Twist and Flameout" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Voyager Terrorcon Hun-Gurrr" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Wheeljack" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Decepticon Octone and Murk" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 06 Voyager Class Movie 1 Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Class Arcee Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #275 - Non-Fungible Mailbag
Twincast / Podcast #275:
"Non-Fungible Mailbag"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, May 1st, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers generations Combiner Wars Windcharger" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Beast Wars Transmetal II Optimal Optimus 1999 Hasbro Rare!!!" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Brunt" on EBAY
Buy "Windcharger 100% Complete Legends Generations - Power of the Primes Transformers" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Voyager Vector Prime Safeguard Loose Missing Key" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects WFC-GS01 Combat Megatron Combat Megatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers AOE One 1 Step Changer High Octane BUMBLEBEE Hasbro 2014" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Alternators 2005 Windcharger - Honda S2000 (Complete)" on EBAY