Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation

Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation

Thursday, December 15th, 2016 4:24pm CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 28,203

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertronian Cyberpath has done it again, providing us with scans courtesy of Cheem of the Transformers Generations booklet where the new Masterpiece Megatron has been shown off. Among the scanned images are a look at the process of designing a good masterpiece, with the "ideal" robot mode designed first, followed by something that looks as close to it as possible, but is still capable of Transformation. The process also shows the designing of the chest along with the alternate parts and accessories, and even a look at how they were attempting to perfect his chin curve!

Following this is a sneak peak at Megatron's Transformation, which appears quite intricate. Among the observations are that it appears the trigger guard is absorbed into the shins, and the chest plate is stored away on top of the gun mode.

You check out the images below, and join the conversation in the Energon pub below!

Transformers News: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation

Transformers News: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation

Transformers News: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation

Transformers News: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation

Transformers News: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation

Credit(s): Transformers Generations 2017, Cheem


News Search

Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847353)
Posted by Randomhero on December 15th, 2016 @ 4:43pm CST
Step one: lay Megatron down, step two:raise arms, step three: explode, step four: gun mode, step five: profit.
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847354)
Posted by Deathsaurus1 on December 15th, 2016 @ 4:47pm CST
I am so happy and excited to finally have the ideal g1 Megatron in my collection soon.
This figure just captures everything for me.

Now who wants to buy my mp-5? Lmao
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847361)
Posted by ToaLeePrime on December 15th, 2016 @ 5:37pm CST
Well that transformation looks utterly terrifying. Gives ROTF Prime a run for his money.
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847368)
Posted by Emerje on December 15th, 2016 @ 7:27pm CST
Randomhero wrote:Step one: lay Megatron down, step two:raise arms, step three: explode, step four: gun mode, step five: profit.

Is that the Pat Lee method?

Image

Emerje
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847373)
Posted by Kurona on December 15th, 2016 @ 7:32pm CST
Emerje wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Step one: lay Megatron down, step two:raise arms, step three: explode, step four: gun mode, step five: profit.

Is that the Pat Lee method?

Image

Emerje

Much as I love ragging on his art given the opportunity... in this case I don't get it
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847374)
Posted by triKlops on December 15th, 2016 @ 7:38pm CST
Just put in my pre-order on Amazon.jp
Here's hoping everything goes smoothly once it ships in spring...
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847376)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 15th, 2016 @ 7:57pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Following this is a sneak peak at Megatron's Transformation, which appears quite intricate.
Image
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847378)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 15th, 2016 @ 8:06pm CST
Deathsaurus1 wrote:I am so happy and excited to finally have the ideal g1 Megatron in my collection soon.
This figure just captures everything for me.

Now who wants to buy my mp-5? Lmao


Don't sell it! It's a bonafide collectors item! Especially if it ain't broken at all.
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847380)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 15th, 2016 @ 8:07pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Following this is a sneak peak at Megatron's Transformation, which appears quite intricate.
Image


Like Inferno's ladder? :lol:
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847382)
Posted by Kurona on December 15th, 2016 @ 8:16pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:Following this is a sneak peak at Megatron's Transformation, which appears quite intricate.
Image

First there was ladder magic. Now we have Gun Magic!
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847385)
Posted by Emerje on December 15th, 2016 @ 8:34pm CST
Kurona wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Step one: lay Megatron down, step two:raise arms, step three: explode, step four: gun mode, step five: profit.

Is that the Pat Lee method?

Image

Emerje

Much as I love ragging on his art given the opportunity... in this case I don't get it

You don't see where step one is some crude shapes and step 2 is a finished head with the rest just adding excessive details on a "how to draw Optimus Prime" guide?

Emerje
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847426)
Posted by Easy Tiger on December 16th, 2016 @ 2:50am CST
Emerje wrote:
Kurona wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Step one: lay Megatron down, step two:raise arms, step three: explode, step four: gun mode, step five: profit.

Is that the Pat Lee method?

Image

Emerje

Much as I love ragging on his art given the opportunity... in this case I don't get it

You don't see where step one is some crude shapes and step 2 is a finished head with the rest just adding excessive details on a "how to draw Optimus Prime" guide?

Emerje


To be fair, Transformers 'how to draw' guides are guilty of this generally.

IMG_20161216_084530.jpg


From How To Draw Transformers Prime.
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847431)
Posted by Emerje on December 16th, 2016 @ 4:34am CST
Easy Tiger wrote:To be fair, Transformers 'how to draw' guides are guilty of this generally.

IMG_20161216_084530.jpg


From How To Draw Transformers Prime.


That's not quite the same thing, nobody would mistake step 2 for a finished drawing.

Emerje
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847445)
Posted by TimothyR on December 16th, 2016 @ 6:52am CST
ToaLeePrime wrote:Well that transformation looks utterly terrifying. Gives ROTF Prime a run for his money.


Rotf prime really isn't all that difficult.

The transformations that are the biggest pain are the ones that don't hold together. MP-05 is fairly easy to get used to, but it's the fact that nothing wants to stay together that is most annoying.

I'm perfectly happy with a complicated transformation, just as long as everything lines up and is solid in both modes.

Judging by recent masterpiece releases, this one should be fantastic. But we'll see.

I feel like a lot of people attempt a transformation once, and if they consider it too difficult, they never make an attempt to actually learn it. I think ROTF prime suffers from that. I think it's a really neat and interesting transformation. But most people just seem to say it's too difficult, transform it once, and never try it again.
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847446)
Posted by Randomhero on December 16th, 2016 @ 7:12am CST
Kurona wrote:
Emerje wrote:
Randomhero wrote:Step one: lay Megatron down, step two:raise arms, step three: explode, step four: gun mode, step five: profit.

Is that the Pat Lee method?

Image

Emerje

Much as I love ragging on his art given the opportunity... in this case I don't get it



It's just a fun joke about how pat lee and drramwave on how to draw transformers. It was more showing off than anything. With pat lee it was "draw a circle, now draw Optimus Prime, now give him leprosy" it's just a running joke of "this is how to draw without actually showing you"
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847467)
Posted by Cyberpath on December 16th, 2016 @ 8:51am CST
More phone pix of the Transformers Generations book --
(Source -- http://weibo.com/u/1432001747)


Image



Image



Image



Image



Image



Image



Takara, leave some scenes for us. :-P
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847475)
Posted by Tyrannacon on December 16th, 2016 @ 9:15am CST
Looks DECEPTIVELY simple! Eh? See what I did there? Clever, huh? ;)

I'm a horrible person for that. :P
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847510)
Posted by SpaceKaseJase on December 16th, 2016 @ 12:38pm CST
TimothyR wrote:
ToaLeePrime wrote:Well that transformation looks utterly terrifying. Gives ROTF Prime a run for his money.


Rotf prime really isn't all that difficult.

The transformations that are the biggest pain are the ones that don't hold together. MP-05 is fairly easy to get used to, but it's the fact that nothing wants to stay together that is most annoying.

I'm perfectly happy with a complicated transformation, just as long as everything lines up and is solid in both modes.

Judging by recent masterpiece releases, this one should be fantastic. But we'll see.

I feel like a lot of people attempt a transformation once, and if they consider it too difficult, they never make an attempt to actually learn it. I think ROTF prime suffers from that. I think it's a really neat and interesting transformation. But most people just seem to say it's too difficult, transform it once, and never try it again.


I totally agree! Complicated transformations are my bag, baby--especially when "ladder magic" is involved. But floppy messes are not fun to deal with. Never owned MP-0, so I cannot testify to how loose it is. However all MPs that I own are solid. I am rigid in joyful anticipation for MP Megs 2.0!
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847512)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 16th, 2016 @ 12:48pm CST
SpaceKaseJase wrote:Never owned MP-0,
I don't think anyone ever owned MP-0. :P
Re: Transformers: Generations Scan - Look at MP-36 Megatron 2.0, Transformation (1847516)
Posted by nycPrime on December 16th, 2016 @ 1:07pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
SpaceKaseJase wrote:Never owned MP-0,
I don't think anyone ever owned MP-0. :P

LoL thought it was some super special collectors edition I didn't know of

Featured Products on Amazon.com

Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Power of the Primes Punch-Counterpunch and Prima Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Terrorcon Rippersnapper" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Unicronus" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Power of The Primes Deluxe Class Sinnertwin" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Generations Power of The Primes Leader Evolution Rodimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Deluxe Class Trailbreaker" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Titans Return Autobots Throttle and Breakaway Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: Bumblebee -- Energon Igniters Speed Series Bumblebee  (Chevrolet Camaro)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
Twincast / Podcast #278:
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

New Items on eBay

Buy "Transformers Rescue Bots Chase Brush Fire Boulder Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Kre-O 30662 Ratchet new sealed hasbro unopened 187 pieces" on EBAY
Buy "ULTRA MAGNUS Transformers Kingdom War For Cybertron Trilogy Leader Class 2021" on EBAY
Buy "KRE-O TRANSFORMERS LOT IRONHIDE & MEGATRON KREON BATTLE CHANGER SEALED" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime Robots in Disguise Autobot Ratchet Deluxe Action Figure " on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS SALVAGE, Griffin Rock Construction Team Flip Racer 2017" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Battle In Moon Light Cyberverse Optimus Prime Trailer Part" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Prime First Edition Bulkhead Takara Tomy MISB MINT" on EBAY