Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed

Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed

Wednesday, May 19th, 2021 12:09pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 31,682

After being a rumor for some time, we finally have confirmation, in the plastic, of the existence of the (obvious) repaint of Kingdom Inferno into Artfire! Via In Demand Toys' Factbook page (and thanks to Arturo C and Shiningstar7896 for pointing us in that direction) we have five pictures that show off the Japanese-only Targetmaster in a couple of nice action shots, as well as his vehicle mode and a an accessory shot which reveals that not only does he come with his Targetmaster partner Nightstick, a recolor of Siege Firebolt Firedrive, but two sets of blast effects, as well as the other accessories that came with Inferno.

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed

Transformers News: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed

For those who aren't aware, Artfire is a character who originated in the Japanese G1 continuity. His toy was released in 1987 as repaint of Inferno in the Headmasters toyline. This will be his first toy to be released outside of Japan, though a release date isn't mentioned or confirmed yet. Might we find out this coming Friday, at Hasbro's Fan First Friday event focusing on Transformers? Let us know what you think of Artfire, and whether or not you'll be picking him up when he's released.

Credit(s): In Demand Toys

Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104890)
Posted by MeGrimlock78 on May 19th, 2021 @ 12:24pm CDT

Luckily I did partner Rico up with Firebolt anyway.

Also, is it my imagination, or is there a rumour that Stepper and Artfire switched names? Artfire DOES have steps, and Stepper DOES have a fire decal on him...
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104891)
Posted by Randomhero on May 19th, 2021 @ 12:28pm CDT
MeGrimlock78 wrote:I was hoping that if he did come with a targetmaster, he would come with two so poor Ricochet wouldn't be so lonely.

Luckily I did partner Rico up with Firebolt anyway.

Fan Speculation. Not a rumor from any source
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104896)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 19th, 2021 @ 1:28pm CDT
Look like that site won't allow hotlinking. Better rework those pictures.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104899)
Posted by o.supreme on May 19th, 2021 @ 2:10pm CDT

I personally think it would be neat if they recolored SS86 Jazz as Stepper (use the actual Takara Name), and release him with his Targetmaster. This way we get the proper name finally, and it differentiates it from Ricochet, the First Selects release which was a repaint of PotP Jazz.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104900)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 19th, 2021 @ 2:28pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:Look like that site won't allow hotlinking. Better rework those pictures.
The site the embedded pics are hosted on is Seibertron.com.

But yeah, they aren't showing up for me either.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104904)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 19th, 2021 @ 2:55pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
The site the embedded pics are hosted on is Seibertron.com.

But yeah, they aren't showing up for me either.

Odd :-? I can see them
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104905)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 19th, 2021 @ 2:57pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
The site the embedded pics are hosted on is Seibertron.com.

But yeah, they aren't showing up for me either.

Odd :-? I can see them

The pictures juste be flagged as adds.
So the Adblock hide them.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104907)
Posted by ZeroWolf on May 19th, 2021 @ 3:08pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
The site the embedded pics are hosted on is Seibertron.com.

But yeah, they aren't showing up for me either.

Odd :-? I can see them

The pictures juste be flagged as adds.
So the Adblock hide them.

Interesting, has it happened on any other articles?
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104911)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 19th, 2021 @ 3:14pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
The site the embedded pics are hosted on is Seibertron.com.

But yeah, they aren't showing up for me either.

Odd :-? I can see them

The pictures juste be flagged as adds.
So the Adblock hide them.

Interesting, has it happened on any other articles?

Overquoting to say, yeah, it happened one or twice.
Each times it's annoying because my Adblock us set only to block "dangerous" adds. So if these pictures are blocked, it means there's some gremlins in them.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104913)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on May 19th, 2021 @ 3:23pm CDT
Showing up for me, and gimme!!!
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104938)
Posted by LordBludgeon on May 19th, 2021 @ 6:10pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
The site the embedded pics are hosted on is Seibertron.com.

But yeah, they aren't showing up for me either.

Odd :-? I can see them

The pictures juste be flagged as adds.
So the Adblock hide them.

Interesting, has it happened on any other articles?

Happening with me as well. It also happened for the Amazon exclusive Grimlock and Mirage reveal for me.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104940)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on May 19th, 2021 @ 6:32pm CDT
I can see the pictures fine, haven't had issues seeing any recent pics.

I am glad to see Artfire at last, and glad he has his targetmaster. I will gladly get him!
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104942)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 19th, 2021 @ 6:39pm CDT
Neat! Now do Ricochet with his fella from SS86 Jazz.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104943)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 19th, 2021 @ 6:44pm CDT
Nemesis Reformatted wrote:I'll never understand why everybody goes nuts over Artfire. It's not even a good repaint. It's just Inferno with some white bits. A full repaint like Hauler makes sense to me. But Artfire looks incredibly lazy like they weren't even trying. It looks like a prototype Inferno where some of the parts haven't been molded in the final colors yet. :roll:

He looks amazing, the white and blue really make the figure pop, can't wait to get him :DANCE:
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104944)
Posted by Hellscream9999 on May 19th, 2021 @ 6:47pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:I can see the pictures fine, haven't had issues seeing any recent pics.

I could see them on my phone, can't see them on my computer
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104947)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on May 19th, 2021 @ 6:55pm CDT
I like this mold, though I have no interest in Artfire. I guess I'll have to hunt for a Nightstick to give to Cyclonus once this is released.

I'm hoping that Hauler is next for this mold. That I would get.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104948)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on May 19th, 2021 @ 6:57pm CDT
I really wish that they re-released the Classics 2.0 Nightstick since that figure could've probably pegged into the hand properly. At the very least they could've used a Battle Master or Takara Legends Targetmaster with one barrel, such is life. Funny aside, the only version of the Masterpiece Inferno mold I own is Artfire, never got a chance to transform it yet.
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104951)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 19th, 2021 @ 7:28pm CDT
Hellscream9999 wrote:Wait, how is artfire "lazy" when inferno has no deco, he's just a red robot :roll:

Some people expect Super Megatron levels of "repainting" each times I guess?
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104952)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 19th, 2021 @ 7:32pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Some people expect Super Megatron levels of "repainting" each times I guess?
To some, redecos of any kind are "lazy" because "We could have gotten another character in a whole new mold instead!" >:oP
Re: Transformers Generations Selects Artfire Revealed (2104954)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 19th, 2021 @ 7:52pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
-Kanrabat- wrote:

Some people expect Super Megatron levels of "repainting" each times I guess?

Redecos have been a a thing since Transformers even existed. It's a way to maximise profits, as usual.
AND OH MY GAWD, A REDECO IN A LINE SPECIALISED IN REDECOS?! WHATS THE WORLD COMING TOOOOOOOOOOO?
:HEADHURTS:
The horse have been beaten into powder at this point.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight 1-Step Turbo Changer Cogman" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "1980 Transformers Takara Hasbro G1 CLIFFJUMPER Action Figure Minibot complete" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots in Disguise Megatronus And Optimus Prime Toys R Us Year?" on EBAY
Buy "4 Transformers Cyberverse Power Of The Spark Hot Rod ~Jazz~Bumblebee~Skybyte~" on EBAY
Buy "Flame Toys Kuro Kara Kuri - TARN - Transformers *** USA SELLER ***" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS UK G1 ADVENTURE GAME BOOK, HIGHWAY CLASH – 1980’S" on EBAY