Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art

Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art

Saturday, July 13th, 2013 11:13am CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,923

Emiliano Santalucia has updated his blog with a couple of concept sketches he did for the Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox that was revealed at BotCon 2013.

Directly from the Botcon reveals, here is the first design from the Generation figures I helped designing.
I worked on these with Joe Kyde. The process was pretty straight forward, so there aren't other sketches of alternate versions.
The kind of rhinoceros was changed for the final alt mode, but I think it was the right choice as it now looks a lot more intimidating than mine!
I loved doing Rhinox, especially trying to capture the right attitude, silhouette and the details form the cartoon, and i'm so happy to see it translated so faithful to a toy!

Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art

Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art

From concept to reality................

Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art

Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art

Credit(s): Emiliano Santalucia

Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1502918)
Posted by Mkall on July 13th, 2013 @ 11:18am CDT
At first I was all like, "but I'm not collecting the new Beast Wars figures."

Then I was like "Screw it, he's too awesome not to buy. I'll put him with my Autobots"
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1502932)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 13th, 2013 @ 12:48pm CDT
Nicely done design. Still wish he had his iconic lips, but meh, doesn't bother me too much.

Just can't wait til Rhinox and the onslaught of other Generations: Thrilling 30 gets out in stores. Honestly, I kinda hope they announce even more figures at SDCC than what we were told at BotCon. I need Classics-style and homage toys for sustenance! 8-}
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1502936)
Posted by Va'al on July 13th, 2013 @ 1:09pm CDT
That drawing is a good drawing. I approve.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1502956)
Posted by MenaceRX on July 13th, 2013 @ 3:29pm CDT
Much better then the original that I have right now. He might get picked up if i ever come across him in store. I just picked up Sandstorm 30th edition, first time I have seen him in stores.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1502962)
Posted by TCWJoe on July 13th, 2013 @ 4:19pm CDT

Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1503000)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 13th, 2013 @ 9:10pm CDT
As soon as I get this mold, that waist flap has got to go. He didn't have it in the show, so I don't need it on the toy.

Kinda seems like they used the 10th Anniversary box art as a base:

TCWJoe wrote:But HasTak still can't (or won't) make an awesome Chain Gun of Doom like the one I made (and you can buy) on Shapeways....
But they did make the chain guns:

Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1503028)
Posted by Mechastrike on July 14th, 2013 @ 1:08am CDT
Rhinox was one of my favorites but i never had the toy. i think my waiting is over.
Re: Transformers Generations Voyager Class Rhinox Concept Art (1504056)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 17th, 2013 @ 8:20pm CDT
The figure's looking pretty faithful to the brilliant concept art. Well done designers.

Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Acid Storm" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Starscream & Waspinator" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME BLIGHT Beast Hunters Cyberverse Legion 2013" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Smokescreen Action Figure (" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager 6 inch Action figure" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Prime Grimwing Predacon Beast hunters Brand New" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations Voyager Decepticon Blitzwing complete w/extras" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Kingdom WFC RHINOX Voyager Figure IN HAND!! MIB" on EBAY