Transformers News: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed

Thursday, August 8th, 2019 11:09pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: Wolfman Jake   Views: 33,702

Many Transformers fans have been anticipating the announcement of a Hot Shot retool/redeco of Transformers Generations - War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Class Hound, ever since Hound's box art was revealed, depicting the G1 Autobot with a very non-G1 head sculpt, one that very closely matched that of Transformers: Cybertron "Cybertron Defense" Hot Shot. Well, the wait is over! This retool/redeco has apparently become a reality! Killtok of reddit apparently got the hookup from a friend in Asia. Thank you to Puhonix, Mega.Prime123, and Sabrblade of the Seibertron.com forums for bring this reveal to our attention! The reddit user doesn't have any other information on this Transformers Siege Hot Shot figure at this time, other than alleging that it is an "official Hasbro product." We will have to wait and see if Hasbro and/or Takara Tomy make an official announcement in the near future, now that the proverbial cat is out of the bag. For now, enjoy the pictures "Killtok" has posted to reddit and his imgur account below, which include several shots of "Cybertron Defense" Hot Shot in robot mode and alt mode, along with a robot mode side-by-side comparison with War for Cybertron: Siege Deluxe Class Hound.

Is this figure legitimate? Will you be adding this second homage in War for Cybertron: Siege to the Transformers: Cybertron franchise in the form of Cybertron Defense Hot Shot to your growing collections? Let us know in the comments below, and stay tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news on all things Transformers.

Credit(s): Killtok (reddit), Puhonix, Mega.Prime123, Sabrblade (Seibertron.com)

Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033832)
Posted by Stargrave on August 9th, 2019 @ 12:07am CDT
Thanks to In Demand Toys on Facebook we have in-package images of the upcoming exclusive Transformers Siege figures such as cell shaded Siege Optimus Prime and Megatron along with SoundBlaster, and Bluestreak! Per In Demand Megatron and Optimus are available exclusively in the UK from Kapow Toys, Bluestreak exclusively available in the UK from In Demand. These images give us a better idea of what that cell shading will look like in regular lighting compared to the product renders. Each comes in special edition Transformers 35th anniversary packaging.

Enjoy the images and share your thoughts in the forums. As always stay tuned to Seibertron for the ultimate in Transformers news!

Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033833)
Posted by Flashwave on August 9th, 2019 @ 12:07am CDT
I wil be painting that roofline... Black was my first instinct but a red wouldn’t be bad. But otherwise I am glad to see this becoming a thing officially.
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033834)
Posted by Flashwave on August 9th, 2019 @ 12:15am CDT
I’m not convinced on this Cell Shading, that even though it looks great in staged pictures that its going to look as good, in hand, in person, in many different poses. I fear that this is one of those like a 3D Art drawing that when you move away it loses the effect.

But for those of you waiting for this, I hope I am very wrong
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033835)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on August 9th, 2019 @ 12:17am CDT
Would've been nice to see some new weapons as well. This is one time I will be getting the eventual weapon upgrade set. It looks good as CD Hot Shot even without the dual guns/missile pods though.
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033837)
Posted by JomasterII on August 9th, 2019 @ 12:49am CDT
>Siege Hot Shot confirmed

O U R W O R L D S A R E I N D A N G E R
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033838)
Posted by Vic Zanzibar on August 9th, 2019 @ 1:08am CDT
That’s a pretty jaAmmin’ figure.
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033839)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on August 9th, 2019 @ 1:12am CDT
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033840)
Posted by Burn on August 9th, 2019 @ 1:22am CDT
Vic Zanzibar wrote:That’s a pretty jaAmmin’ figure.

oh geez, not this again. :lol:
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033841)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on August 9th, 2019 @ 1:40am CDT
Cybertron defense hotshot was one of the best figures in the Cybertron line. Also it's now obvious the rifle is done up to look like one of the shoulder canons.
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033842)
Posted by ZeroWolf on August 9th, 2019 @ 1:59am CDT
Cybertron Defence Hot Shot wears that mold so well, forgot he was just a redeco with a new head at first :lol:
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033843)
Posted by Carnivius_Prime on August 9th, 2019 @ 2:42am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:You know, I don't think I'm really happy with these "cel-shaded" versions of Siege Optimus Prime and Megatron. They look more like they've got weird two-tone camouflage than dynamic lighting and shadowing. I might still get these either to keep in package or display separately, but they're almost certainly NOT going to replace the regular Wave 1 versions of Optimus Prime and Megatron with the battle damage in my main Transformers display shelves. I just want cartoon accurate paint apps without the battle damage, Hasbro!

I feel the opposite. I think that cell shaded look is the ONLY reason I'd buy those figures. If all Siege figures were painted like that I might like more of the line (so wish Springer had that style). It looks so much like the graphic style of Transformers: Devastation which is easily the best G1 has ever looked in my opinion. They just look really cool even though I don't care for the molds themselves.

As for Hot Shot. That looks bloody awful. Fine if it was an amateurs repaint of Hound using a head from a previous Hot Shot figure but as an official product Hasbro want money for? Come on.... The cybertron toy had a nice look to it in both modes. This is just boring blocky Hound in funkier colours.
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033847)
Posted by blackeyedprime on August 9th, 2019 @ 3:51am CDT
Passing on hotshot, another case of a figure already existing that is better than the siege one.

Cellshaded megatron looks better than randomly applied dirt on chest standard version. It would have been interesting if Sieges thing was all figures cellshaded instead of the battledamage but until seeing megs and optimus in hand (which means I'll have to order them) if the cell shading works or not.

Kind of weird but cool for ID to plug a rival toystore and still no news on who has soundblaster in the UK as yet.
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033852)
Posted by Deadput on August 9th, 2019 @ 4:26am CDT

I mean were not going to get reissues of the original toys which don't really fit with the engineering in this day and age so homages like this is the next best thing.

I also really like repaints and remolds these days, just makes sense since their robots why would every single person have their own 100 percent unique look? Body templates and such is fascinating to me because of the writing possibilities that can come up with it.
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033853)
Posted by bacem on August 9th, 2019 @ 4:47am CDT
I have mixed feelings about this hot shot. At one side, i think this mold does work, and this does look badass. But at the same time, he doesn't feel as battle ready and as armed as the original version.
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033859)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 9th, 2019 @ 6:51am CDT
Haven’t been called “Mega.Prime123” in a long time. Guess I ought to update my email handle. :lol:

I like the mold, I like the character. I don’t like this. This feels forced, like Armada Megatron from Combiner Wars Megatron.
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033860)
Posted by william-james88 on August 9th, 2019 @ 6:57am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I like the mold, I like the character. I don’t like this. This feels forced

I feel the same. There was a discussion a little while ago about good redecos vs redecos done just for the sake and this falls into that category. Still, from the look of people who were excited by digibashes, I guess some are happy its coming out.

I am wondering now if it will be released alone or with the other two power dashers.
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033863)
Posted by sol magnus on August 9th, 2019 @ 7:34am CDT
I'll definitely pick up Hotshot, even if Cybertron and all that were "after" my time.
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033864)
Posted by Microbot on August 9th, 2019 @ 7:35am CDT
I like the new Cybertron defense hotshot, in WFC, but why not include more weapons? He was one of the best figures in the Cybertron line...and this means we will get more Cybertron line figures into the future of this line too?
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033866)
Posted by ThunderThruster on August 9th, 2019 @ 7:50am CDT
Hot Shot looks like a good use of the mold, and I prefer it over the look of Hound, so he'll be my first foray into this mold.
Re: Transformers Generations War for Cybertron Siege Deluxe Class Autobot Hot Shot Revealed (2033877)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 9th, 2019 @ 9:15am CDT
Deadput wrote:I actually like that Hot Shot is no longer "proto Sports Car Bumblebee", increases the chances of being able to see him again some day in media without him being more of a Bumblebee clone, same with adapting shades of blue as his primary color.
Man, Hot Shot was totally a Hot Rod clone, not Bumblebee. Just look at his Armada Powerlinx redeco and the design of his first Cybertron form. His personality was lifted from Hot Rod (and Cheetor) too. ;)

Buy "Transformers Titans Return Arcee Action Figure Set" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Deluxe Ratchet Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #238 - The Podcast That Leapt Through Time
"The Podcast That Leapt Through Time"
Posted: Sunday, January 12th, 2020

Buy "Titans Return Highbrow Brainstorm Wolfwire Headmasters Transformers Prime Lot" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Returns Legend Class Deception Fangry Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Returns Legend Class Autobot Cosmos Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Firedrive & Autobot Hot Rod (Deluxe) MOSC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Robots In Disguise Titan Changers Bumblebee Action Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Legends LG40 Astrotrain" on EBAY
Buy "HASBRO Transformers Titans Return Autobot Cosmos NRFB Action Figure UFO" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers War for Cybertron: Siege Leader Shockwave Decepticon - NIB" on EBAY