Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results

Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results

Wednesday, June 24th, 2015 2:53am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Event News, People News, Company News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 42,692

The official Hasbro Transformers YouTube channel has posted a new video, featuring the results of the Saturday night awards taking place at BotCon 2015 this past weekend - which saw the induction of a number of characters (fictional and not!) into the Transformers Hall of Fame under three categories:

• Favorite Character
  • Best Combiner Character
  • Best Musical Act

Watch the embedded video below, introduced and hosted by Frank Welker's Megatron to find out for yourself, and keep scrolling if you'd rather read them!

Who will be inducted into the Transformers Hall of Fame this year? There are a lot of worthy nominees and, as long as Megatron doesn’t take all of the trophies home himself, it should be an exciting evening.

• Favorite Character: Prowl!
  • Best Combiner Character: Predaking!
  • Best Musical Act: Vince DiCola!

Credit(s): Transformers YouTube

Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1702475)
Posted by fenrir72 on June 24th, 2015 @ 4:56am CDT
The end credits are hillarious!
Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1702546)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 24th, 2015 @ 10:20am CDT
You guys remember when I made that joke about having Frank Welker host the Hall of Fame?

Spooky, huh.
Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1702599)
Posted by PrymeStriker on June 24th, 2015 @ 1:02pm CDT
Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1702601)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 24th, 2015 @ 1:05pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Yeah! Prowl's an amazing character! I'm glad he made it! Remember all those memorable scenes with him, like the one where he transformed? Or that one where he shot at the Decepticons and missed? I questioned my own motives in life after that scene. I cri evrtim 4 dayz when he died, because he was just such a prominent and well-portrayed character, his death scene was just heartbreaking. :-(
I remember him getting controlled by Chip and...

Though, to be fair, there is more fiction than just cartoons and movies. Prowl's been notable in comics from Marvel, Dreamwave, and especially IDW.
Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1702616)
Posted by sol magnus on June 24th, 2015 @ 1:45pm CDT
Finally! Prowl made it in. :grin:
Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1702723)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on June 24th, 2015 @ 7:03pm CDT
Primal was robbed! Nostolgia at its finest
Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1702846)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 25th, 2015 @ 12:56am CDT
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:Primal was robbed! Nostolgia at its finest
Couple years ago, BW Megs was beaten by Wheeljack.

This makes Primal's second loss.

I'm guess with Dinobot winning in the first year and Waspinator winning in the second year, people either got sick of BW characters winning or grew to think that the voting was rigged/set up so that a BW character would win every year. With Wheeljack winning in the third year, however, things seemed to feel more fair from then on.

Don't get me wrong, I was thrilled that Dinobot and Waspinator won the first two years, but I can see where the non-BW fans were coming from.
Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1702856)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on June 25th, 2015 @ 1:46am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
I remember him getting controlled by Chip and...

To draw parallels between TF and G.I. Joe, Prowl was sort of the equivalent of Stalker: Remembered for just showing up in early cartoons, but a clear leader in the comics.

And since someone went there for Prowl, as much as I LOVE Predaking and hope his win paves the way for updated Predacons in Combiner Wars, if you actually review his Sunbow and Marvel appearances, he's seriously the least impressive G1 Gestalt in terms of handling opponents his own size. He basically won by virtue of his toy looking like it could beat up anything else in your collection, but his track record doesn't really back that up. Add in Japanese continuity, and he's best remembered for meeting a most undignified and baffling end.

But Vince damn sure earned it! My joy in In-describe-ible!
Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1702941)
Posted by MartianSpyGirl1996 on June 25th, 2015 @ 9:40am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
MartianSpyGirl1996 wrote:Primal was robbed! Nostolgia at its finest
Couple years ago, BW Megs was beaten by Wheeljack.

This makes Primal's second loss.

I've heard the rigged theory as well, which is silly since Hasbro HATES Beast Wars :lol: It was honestly just the G1 vote being split. I think in previous years there were less options to divide the votes
Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1702945)
Posted by Whifflefire on June 25th, 2015 @ 9:44am CDT
I liked the video, it was cute and creative, and the credits made me laugh.
Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1703035)
Posted by DeadCaL on June 25th, 2015 @ 1:10pm CDT
Who let Paddles and Zombie Starscream on set?
Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1704425)
Posted by LegendaryAntiHero on June 29th, 2015 @ 8:25pm CDT
Starscream was never a zombie. He was a ghost
Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1704432)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 29th, 2015 @ 8:37pm CDT
LegendaryAntiHero wrote:Starscream was never a zombie. He was a ghost

Re: Transformers Hall of Fame 2015 - The Results (1704459)
Posted by PrymeStriker on June 29th, 2015 @ 9:46pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
LegendaryAntiHero wrote:Starscream was never a zombie. He was a ghost

It's not leadership he wants. It's brains. 8)

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers MPM-03 Movie 10th Anniversary Figure Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Masterpiece Movie Series Barricade MPM-5" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 10 Deluxe Class Movie 1 Autobot Jazz" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers: The Last Knight Premier Edition Deluxe Strafe" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers thrilling 30 springer" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers-  Combiner Wars- Aerialbots (Superion)- Air Raid Skydive Firefly" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends Series Action Figure: LG23 Galvatron" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Breakdown SEALED CW G1 Menasor Generations Stunticons" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Air Raid SEALED CW G1 Generations Superion Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron Soundblaster with Buzzsaw Figure MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Authentic Transformers Bombshell Combiner Wars" on EBAY