Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out?

Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out?

Sunday, September 12th, 2010 9:20am CDT

Categories: Movie Related News, Toy News, Sightings
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 77,931

It seems while some of us are still waiting for any sign of HFTD Wave 2 deluxes to show up at retail, some stores may be leaking out a few of even the next wave, Wave 3.

While our own sightings forum has no sightings for any of the deluxes in HFTD Wave 3, a member at TFW seems to have been lucky to lay hands on Tomahawk and Terradive, at a Target in the Newpark Mall, in California. Wave 3 of HFTD also includes a Battle Blades Bumblebee repack, and the newly deco-ed, Electrostatic Jolt.

It'll probably be a while before the rest if us find these guys, but when you do, please help your fellow fans out, and post your hauls in the sightings database and in the sightings forum region where you found them!

However, if you are jonesing to see these figures in detail, strap yourself in, because you will soon be treated to Seibertron galleries of these two, and Electrostatic Jolt!

Credit(s): xTerry TFW2005

Re: Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out? (1123996)
Posted by fenrir72 on September 12th, 2010 @ 9:27am CDT
Seen Tomahawk too in my country.
Re: Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out? (1123998)
Posted by El Duque on September 12th, 2010 @ 9:33am CDT
I have a feeling it's going to be a long time before my area sees these or Generations wave 2. From what myself and some of my other collector friends have gathered in talking to employees at the various retailers is they have huge back stock of wave one from all the current lines. They won't be getting in new stuff from the distribution centers until they clear out some of the stuff they already have. Don't know how accurate that is, but it makes sense. So for the time being I've just been ordering these guys from online sources.
Re: Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out? (1124013)
Posted by wolverinetodd on September 12th, 2010 @ 10:30am CDT

I have to agree with El Duque about retailers having a surplus of Wave 1. I think we were all seeing Generations Wave 1, Power Core Combiners Singles and 5-packs Wave 1, and HFTD Wave 1 in Toys R Us stores a month to two months earlier than Wal-Marts, Targets, etc. Remember, Toys R Us had that BOGO at 1/2 price when they first got these shipments while other retailers were still dealing with their ROTF leftovers. I know my local Wal-Mart was holding the new stock in the stockroom so they'd have it for the new modular changes that would begin happening soon (and I'm guessing the other Wal-Marts nationwide did the same). So by the time the other retailers finally put the stock out, the majority of Transformers consumers already had their characters from the first Wave from Toys R Us. I suspect it'll be a while before my local Wal-Mart gets in Wave 2 of HFTD or Generations, let alone Wave 3.
Re: Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out? (1124055)
Posted by Mindmaster on September 12th, 2010 @ 12:50pm CDT
Can't wait to get my hands on Terradive and Tomahawk.

Tomahawk = Generations Cyclonus

Terradive = ...Haven't figured it out yet, or just make him just the way it is. :lol:
Re: Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out? (1124072)
Posted by CybertronHotShot on September 12th, 2010 @ 1:34pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Can't wait to get my hands on Terradive and Tomahawk.

Tomahawk = Generations Cyclonus

How about paint him as pre beast Wars Depthcarge? 8)
Re: Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out? (1124165)
Posted by Tyrannotaur on September 12th, 2010 @ 7:05pm CDT
CybertronHotShot wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Can't wait to get my hands on Terradive and Tomahawk.

Tomahawk = Generations Cyclonus

How about paint him as pre beast Wars Depthcarge? 8)

Whoa dude.. That's awesome. I'm never gonna unsee that now. :grin: :lol:
Re: Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out? (1124173)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on September 12th, 2010 @ 7:42pm CDT
Both are awesome and will one day become part of my collection.
Re: Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out? (1124277)
Posted by Rated X on September 13th, 2010 @ 7:02am CDT
I like Terradive but will pass on the helicoptor.
Re: Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out? (1124288)
Posted by Counterpunch on September 13th, 2010 @ 7:56am CDT
I bought Hailstorm in a Wal Mart yesterday.

Is he Wave 3?
Re: Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out? (1124293)
Posted by Mkall on September 13th, 2010 @ 8:17am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:I bought Hailstorm in a Wal Mart yesterday.

Is he Wave 3?

He's wave 2
Re: Transformers Hunt For The Decepticons Wave 3 Trickling Out? (1124681)
Posted by wolverinetodd on September 14th, 2010 @ 10:20am CDT
wolverinetodd wrote:Tomahawk and Terradive aren't listed on the Sightings Database as of 9/12/10, making it difficult to let others know where and when we found these two characters.

I just came back from the Wal-Mart SuperCenter in Thomasville, NC and they still have an over abundance of ROTF figures on the HFTD pegs that don't seem to be selling since the pegs list them for $12.00. There were about 9 pegs with the Generations figures with one of those pegs holding about three HFTD figures. They had a good supply of Power Core Combiners singles and sets, though both were of Wave 1. I was really surprised and disappointed they didn't have a special display set up in the toy department featuring the HFTD figures. Surely the ROTF figures are due for a clearance price soon.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Bumblebee" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Bania Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers B1798AS0 Warpath Figure Combiner Wars" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #267 - Netflix Earthrise Reviewed
"Netflix Earthrise Reviewed"
Posted: Monday, December 28th, 2020

Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Caliburst & Slugslinger Deluxe Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Triggerhappy Deluxe Hasbro Pre-Owned" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Takara Tomy Cloud TFC-A03 Hot Rodimus" on EBAY
Buy "Takaratomy Transformers Legends LG30 Wheelie &Go Shooter Action Figure To..." on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-48 Brawn & Repugnus Robot Figure Toy" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return, SKY SHADOW, Leader Class, Generations" on EBAY