Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art

Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 4:13pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,035

Update: According to a tweet from James Roberts the Phase 2 Hardcovers will also include Autocracy, Monstrosity, and various Spotlights.

James Roberts wrote:In response to questions: as I understand it, the Phase 2 hardcovers will include Autocracy, Monstrosity, the Spotlights and the prose stuff

Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1

The war for Cybertron is over, but Bumblebee and his fellow Autobots struggle to maintain control of a world without Optimus Prime. The provisional government is struggling and Prowl will defend it against the Decepticons at seeminly all costs. Meanwhile, Hot Rod and a group of Autobots and Decepticons embark on an epic quest to the farthest reaches of the Universe. Collects the one-shot Death of Optimus Prime, More Than Meets The Eye issues #1-5, and Robots in Disguise issues #1-6.

Product Details
Hardcover: 272 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (September 2, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1631400401
ISBN-13: 978-1631400407

Credit(s): Amazon

Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1561889)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 1st, 2014 @ 5:09pm CDT
:DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE: :DANCE:
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1561908)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on April 1st, 2014 @ 7:28pm CDT

I mean, the art is good, and I really REALLY like the red - it looks awesome against the black and white.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1561929)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 1st, 2014 @ 8:42pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Why did they have to use Optimus' head again? Couldn't they have gone with someone they haven't featured before? Ultra Magnus would seem like a good choice.

Ah, but this here is Orion Pax. ;)
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1561946)
Posted by T-Macksimus on April 1st, 2014 @ 10:09pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Ah, but this here is Orion Pax. ;)

I can't believe I didn't make the distinction right away. Much easier to tell the difference when he was strapped to the nose of a run-away shuttle. :grin:

Seriously though, it is astounding art and since I'm missing a few back issues along the way this will make the perfect format in which to get some of those caught up as well as any Spotlights I may have missed out on. Besides, I have a few other Transformer books that could use some company upon the shelf and that's as good an excuse as any to pick this one up.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1561947)
Posted by Stormrider on April 1st, 2014 @ 10:10pm CDT
El Duque wrote:Amazon has updated their pre-order for Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 [Hardcover] with cover art, which we've mirrored below. The release date is listed as September 2nd with a price of $34.83. Descriptions and product details can be found below.

Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1

Product Details
Hardcover: 272 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (September 2, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1631400401
ISBN-13: 978-1631400407

I hate it. I don't like the styling and they should have put someone other than Prime/Pax or Megatron on the cover. Sad that they are not using main characters from RiD or MTMTE.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1561950)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 1st, 2014 @ 10:20pm CDT
They probably went with him because of "The Death of Optimus Prime" issue included in here.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1561980)
Posted by Vicalliose on April 2nd, 2014 @ 3:15am CDT
I definitely would have preferred someone else on the cover, really. Eh, it's what's on the inside that counts anyway. Besides, I never see the front of any of the books when they're sitting on my shelf.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1561997)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 2nd, 2014 @ 9:39am CDT
It looks like this art was done by Sarah Stone! :KREMZEEK:

She's posted a larger version of it - http://monsterboysandrobots.com/post/81432300295/this-went-up-on-amazon-so-i-hope-i-can-share

Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1566781)
Posted by Va'al on April 20th, 2014 @ 7:54am CDT
We reported the Amazon listing of the IDW Publishing Transformers: Phase Two Hardcover collection, but we now have news of its antecedent Phase One paperback! Check out the listing here, though still lacking a cover image, and read on below for details on what will be included in this mammoth book, priced at $21.34 (discounted from $29.99 RRP).

Phase One collects the first three arcs of IDW's Transformers continuity, Infiltration, Escalation, and Devastation, written by longtime TF scribe Simon Furman, with art by E.J. Su, Nick Roche, and Robby Musso.

Paperback: 404 pages
Publisher: IDW Publishing (September 16, 2014)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1631401130
ISBN-13: 978-1631401138
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1566791)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2014 @ 8:35am CDT
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1566867)
Posted by Darth Jumpy on April 20th, 2014 @ 3:47pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Paperback?! Why didn't they do this with the Phase 1 volumes? That could have said me some money.

I may be misunderstanding something here, but isn't that what this article is about? The Phase 1 collections are now coming out in paperback.

I still think I'll pick up the hardcover versions though. The few volumes I already own are quite nice.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1566872)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 20th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
Darth Jumpy wrote:

I mean, for the paperbacks of the hardcovers that originally came out. Thuis one contains only Infiltration, Escalation, and Devastation. The original hardcover volumes utilized a "suggested reading order" that kept those three particuler mini-series mostly separate and space out between Spotlights and other mini-series like Stormbringer.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1566879)
Posted by Dead Metal on April 20th, 2014 @ 5:00pm CDT
I like the cover art, it's great just like the previous HCs. And I would like it along with the others as posters or something.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1572117)
Posted by Stormrider on May 7th, 2014 @ 9:45pm CDT
How are people feeling about getting this series. I love MTMTE reviews. Are the RiD comics good enough to buy this? Or am I better off buying the TBP editions of MTMTE?
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1572125)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on May 7th, 2014 @ 10:09pm CDT
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1572130)
Posted by Stormrider on May 7th, 2014 @ 10:39pm CDT
Nemesis Maximo wrote:Storm, IMHO, the early run of RID was better than the concurrent issues of MTMTE (the early run being anything before Starscream banishes the Autobots and Decepticons). So I think this would be worth your while, if you're into somewhat political thrillers.

Thanks.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1572152)
Posted by craggy on May 8th, 2014 @ 3:17am CDT
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1572194)
Posted by Stormrider on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:31am CDT
craggy wrote:i've always liked MTMTE more, but the early RID was pretty good. I found myself enjoying it less as it went on though, so glad they've changed it up for the new seasons.

Are the later RID comics too slow and little action, or is the story line choppy, or something else?
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1572201)
Posted by Va'al on May 8th, 2014 @ 8:38am CDT
Stormrider wrote:

There's a lot of magic hand-waving and not really satisfying explanations for what happens. And Megatron is brought back in an unfortunately disappointing manner, too.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two Volume 1 Cover Art (1572233)
Posted by daningotham on May 8th, 2014 @ 9:50am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Nerv103 wrote:
Stormrider wrote:Has anyone noticed the preorder for this is $5 more than Vol 1 - 8?

It is about the same as The Star Date Collection Volume 2 for Star Trek that comes out in April.
Something similar happened with the 6th volume of the Transformers: Classics TPBs and the upcoming 7th Volume. Volumes 1-5 were $24.99, while volumes 6 and 7 are $29.99. despite their being no bigger than 1-5. I blame the economy.

I'm actually reading those Classics volumes right now. They are great. I'm half way through volume 5 and already have volume 6. Looking forward to volume 7 in June. Then I will read Regen One and the Gen 2 stuff. Then I'm thinking of reading the UK series.

Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Grimlock Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Cyberverse Warrior Class Windblade" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Apeface" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Playskool Heroes Rescue Bots Optimus Prime Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #268 - Call Me 2020
"Call Me 2020"
Posted: Monday, January 18th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Overbite Takara Tomy Piranacon Seacon #5 G1" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Selects Tentakill Tomy Takara Piranacon Seacon #6" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Legends Class Insecticon Bombshell Figure From Japan" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Thrilling 30 Nemesis Prime & Spinister, 100% Complete, MOC" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Kingdom Legends Class Rattrap WFC-K2 In-Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers WFC Kingdom Legends Class Rattrap WFC-K2 In-Hand" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Galvatron Vector Prime + Mini-cons Payload Ascent" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Deluxe Chromia Comic New MIB NIB MOC 2014" on EBAY