Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 Cover Art revealed

Transformers News: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 Cover Art revealed

Tuesday, September 19th, 2017 12:39AM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 9,516

Thanks to an updated listing on Amazon.com, we now have the cover art for Phase 2, Vol. 7 of the IDW Collection. This collection contains issues 28-34 of both Transformers: Robots in Disguise and Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye. Due to be released on March 27, 2018 in hardback form, the cover features Megatron in the same art style as the previous Phase 2 collections; appropriate, as these are the issues where Autobot Megatron joins the Lost Light! Will you be pre-ordering this volume? Let us know in the Energon Pub Forums!

Transformers News: Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two
Credit(s): Amazon.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 Cover Art revealed (1911781)
Posted by Kurona on September 19th, 2017 @ 4:47am CDT
Odd it uses one of his during-war designs rather than the one he took on the Lost Light without juxtaposition.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 Cover Art revealed (1911792)
Posted by MagicDeath on September 19th, 2017 @ 8:23am CDT
Called it.

Also, can anyone confirm whether these are a good deal or not? I think they are, considering they're hardcover, but I can't tell.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 Cover Art revealed (1911811)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on September 19th, 2017 @ 9:35am CDT
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 Cover Art revealed (1911828)
Posted by MagicDeath on September 19th, 2017 @ 11:57am CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:I was interested in picking some of these up to read through since I got tired of buying the individual series and not knowing where and when different miniseries took place, so I thought this would be a good way to get items in order and catch up, but then I noticed vol two of both phase 1 and phase 2 seems to be out of print.

As for phase 1, try the compendium, which collects phase 1 volumes 1 and 2, published in 2016.
With phase 2, have you tried Amazon? It usually tells me more are on the way with IDW stuff (can't check now).

[EDIT - Removed strange face that was not supposed to be there)
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 Cover Art revealed (1911830)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on September 19th, 2017 @ 12:08pm CDT
Phase 2 vol 2 on Amazon, and now that I looked again, they want $100 Plus.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 Cover Art revealed (1911912)
Posted by MagicDeath on September 19th, 2017 @ 11:03pm CDT
Rodimus Knight wrote:Phase 2 vol 2 on Amazon, and now that I looked again, they want $100 Plus.

I see... I would get the trade paperbacks for RiD and MTMTE, and get the Spotlights (And Autocracy) on ComiXology or another digital site. I did something similar with Furman's work. If you can, wait for the sales on comiXology, as they seem to occur fairly frequently.
That's what I would do.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 Cover Art revealed (1912050)
Posted by Rodimus Knight on September 20th, 2017 @ 2:35pm CDT
I'm not a big fan of digital comics, since it hurts my eyes after a short time when I read them. I still like physical copies. I mean ultimately its not going to bother me if I don't get to read the stuff,I've gone years without with only a couple of times I've questioned what somethign was about because it was a comic only thing.
Re: Transformers: IDW Collection Phase Two, Volume 7 Cover Art revealed (1936027)
Posted by AllNewSuperRobot on February 5th, 2018 @ 4:31am CST
Some time ago I completed 'Phase One' of the HC Collection. It started off so well with Simon Furman's -Ations, Spotlights, Megatron: Origin etc and then the quality began to drop. First with McCarthy and later the all time low of Costa (Although Space Opera was a welcome highlight there).

Now as I read exclusively through trades, I accept I am often months to years behind. I'm patient, it doesn't bother me. That said the general chatter I heard around the (then) RiD and MTMTE did concern me.
I've never been a fan of retcons and given how thorough Furman had been in laying down the foundations of the IDWverse, what I was hearing especially with characterisation, had me concerned. Long dead now, but I really liked the idea of Ultra Magnus as "Judge Dredd in Space".

So I bit the bullet and bought Phase Two vol.1, to continue the collection. Although the renumbering does mess with the prior aesthetic of the other books.. But I digress. So after reading that volume, my concerns were justified. So far removed from expectation it wasn't even funny. I actually sold the book on and cut my loses with 'Phase One' vol.8 and left IDWverse behind.
Better to read Origin, the original Spotlights etc than forcing regressive humanising traits on previously established characters and lore.

And that's why for many years, I once more quit Transformers. The second time since Beast Machines ended.

A little late but try Book Depository. They are who I bought the IDW Collection from and more often than not the prices are more reasonable than Amazon.
Transformers products from AMAZON