Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012!  Generations, Prime and More!

Tuesday, January 24th, 2012 4:27pm CST

Categories: Toy News, Event News, Sponsor News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 59,201

Andy from Full Metal Hero has just returned from UK's Toy Fair 2012 with some salivating information! Sadly there were no pictures allowed due to Non-Disclosure Agreements, but he certainly wasn't at a lack of words.

Thats about it for new stuff, what we already know and what is the core line for this year is below and its all about the Prime

1) Cyberverse Legion

2) Cyberverse Commander

3) Cyberverse Vehicles

4) Optimus Maximus

5) RID Revealers

6) RID Powerizers

7) RID Weaponizers

Other items were

1) Battle Masks

2) Bot Shots which is actually a really cool battle game which mixes Bakugan with rock, paper scissors, aside from the single pack figures there are Launchers, Ultimate Packs and 3 packs the idea being 2 figures are thrown together in vehicle mode than collide revealing the winning symbol.

Kre-O

New Kre-O sets were on display including the following

1) Decepticon Ambush - 4 Kreon pack with small accessories and a base to battle on

2) Cycle Chase - Prowl and 2 of his troops face off against a Decepticon, again comes with small accessory set and base

3) Kre-O Decepticon Helicopter - the robot with no name looks a lot like Starscream in robot mode and is yellow and red, comes with 3 Kreons and quad bike

4) Kre-O Stealth Bumblebee - new mold Bumblebee comes in black with 3 Kreons and what looks like the checkpoint from DOTM

5) Transformers Prime Kre-O Race Car Showdown - Knock Out and Wheeljack face off in this 2 pack each with the standard Kreons mini figure.

6) Kre-O Optimus Vs Megatron - G1 style set featuring an all new Optimus Prime vs G1 style Megatron who changes into a tank and not a walther comes with mini building and 3 kreons.

7) Kre-O Devastator - 9 in 1 playset - a mix of G1 style robots and movie tradition means you get 4 standard robots in movie Devy colours building seperate vehicles or the might Devastator - for those worried no he doesn't look anything like the hulking movie character. Comes with a slew of Kreons and construction environment.

Credit(s): Andy @ Full Metal Hero

Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337836)
Posted by TulioDude on January 24th, 2012 @ 4:33pm CST
Nice 8)
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337838)
Posted by Godzillabot Primal on January 24th, 2012 @ 4:34pm CST
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are getting GEN back!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337839)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 24th, 2012 @ 4:34pm CST
Sounds like I can safely skip out on Leaders this time around and save some money. They won't be in scale anyway, althoug I do admit Prime sounds kind of cool. If they mean simplified as in 'Animated Leader Megatron' simplified, that's tempting, but if they mean that big Animated Optimus Prime, no thanks. =;

Optimus Maximus sounds really fun and awesome, almost wish I was collecting Cyberverse figs. :D

Oh yes, and more Generations is ALWAYS good. Though now this means I really have to find some space for my WFC/FOC figs. :lol:
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337841)
Posted by mattwhite924 on January 24th, 2012 @ 4:37pm CST
Fall of Cybertron toys! Heck yes! I love the look of those games, and the War for Cybertron figures are some of my favorites. I must purchase them all.
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337847)
Posted by Samurai Bludgeon on January 24th, 2012 @ 4:41pm CST
I think I just wet myself....
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337855)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on January 24th, 2012 @ 4:55pm CST
Not surprising that there was nothing about Movie Trilogy, as Europe always gets the short end of the stick. Some lines end early and others don't appear at all, thanks to what I dub the "No more than one main line rule". We already have Prime coming in April, no room for anything else.
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337856)
Posted by Delicon on January 24th, 2012 @ 4:55pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:Optimus Maximus sounds really fun and awesome, almost wish I was collecting Cyberverse figs.

There's a lot of similarly sized figs that are likely already in your collection.
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337857)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 24th, 2012 @ 4:56pm CST
Forget weaponizers and powerizers, Me Grimlock Pulverizer!
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337858)
Posted by 1111111222233333 on January 24th, 2012 @ 4:56pm CST
Too bad FOC Grimlock will most likely be a deluxe. >:oP I hope first edition Cliff, Prime, and Bulkhead at least make it to US retail. FOC Jazz will be AWESOME though!
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337860)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on January 24th, 2012 @ 5:05pm CST
FALL OF CYBERTRON LINE!!!!!!!! YESS!!!!!!!!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337867)
Posted by Blurrz on January 24th, 2012 @ 5:21pm CST
Can't wait for Jazz.
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337873)
Posted by Screamfleet on January 24th, 2012 @ 5:25pm CST
kreon 4 pack?
That seems like good news.

Everything else sounds pretty good too.
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337874)
Posted by craggy on January 24th, 2012 @ 5:36pm CST
underwhelmed. It is a good thing that we're getting more Generations. But it wasn't really a surprise. The reveal that it's going to be Fall Of Cybertron inspired isn't one that puts me one way or the other. I do like pre-Earth modes on my TFs, but I don't see myself buying another Jazz when the one I have is near perfect. Likewise, unless he's really special I don't see FOC Grimlock surpassing the MP as my display Grim. Won't be surprised to see a Seeker or two in the mix, since I could see them wanting to repaint some of these some more (although, all but Soundwave got at least 2 repaints out of the original 4 molds) maybe a repaint or retool of some of those earlier toys? Other than that, the designs are ok, but if it's a bunch of repeated characters I may not be too interested. Wasn't there a rumour that there'd be a game-based Shockwave? That might be nice.

Prime WeaponiZers just sound like a waste of shelf-space to me. But hey, if other people like them, they sell at full price, fair enough.

Optimus Maximus could be good. The "Optimus" title puts me off a little, as I fear it'll be a big bricky Optimus Prime who changes into a base, when I'd prefer it was a new character (or an homage of some kind to Metroplex or of course Fort Max) but it still has potential. Seems the big H is focussing on the little guys a lot. Makes sense given economics.

I suppose the multi-packs of Kreons might be good.
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337875)
Posted by RhA on January 24th, 2012 @ 5:40pm CST
More Generations. All is well.
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337878)
Posted by Seibertron on January 24th, 2012 @ 5:44pm CST
Don't get too down about this list my fellow Seibertronians. The real Toy Fair happens in New York. Seibertron.com will be covering this event on February 11th. We'll be sure to provide you with all of the news, pics, etc that we can get our hands on. I'm sure there'll be a whole horde of products for us to report on just as there has been in years past. To view our past coverage of Toy Fair, please visit the events section on Seibertron.com at http://www.seibertron.com/events/events.php
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337883)
Posted by funklizard on January 24th, 2012 @ 6:04pm CST
godzillabot wrote:YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are getting GEN back!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOO!!!!!!

We already knew we were getting FoC toys. The fact that they're resurrecting Generations for them just tells us that almost certainly none of them will be Voyager class.

Sigh.
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337888)
Posted by Trikeboy on January 24th, 2012 @ 6:11pm CST
oh please make FOC Grimlock Voyager sized, even if it has to be put in another toy line a la RtS.
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337889)
Posted by Sodan-1 on January 24th, 2012 @ 6:12pm CST
I was only looking forward to hearing about the Generations line and this has disappointed me slightly. It doesn't surprise me at all but it's not what I was hoping for. Since it's still called Generations (and not Fall of Cybertron) maybe there will still be the occasional non-FoC/Classics style figures, like an inversion of last years Generations line. If not, then I'll use this year as an opportunity to catch up on what I've missed.
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337890)
Posted by Mykltron on January 24th, 2012 @ 6:13pm CST

What a shock. A leader Prime without a leader Megatron is such a shame.
Re: Transformers information from the UK Toy Fair 2012! Generations, Prime and More! (1337896)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 24th, 2012 @ 6:34pm CST
Mkall wrote:
Andy from Full Metal Hero wrote:1) Generations - returns with the Fall of Cybertron line, on display was a hard copy of Jazz who is a 4 wheeled Cybertronian sports car, the line is officially called Generations and the product packaging still depicts a nice drawn example of the character inside. 8 figures are confirmed for the line one of which might well be Grimlock.

I'm fine with Generations returning. I don't know if I'll buy a FOC Jazz, though. One CHUG Jazz is more than enough for me. Glad to see he's getting some love though. About time. Man, did he get the short end of the stick throughout the years.

Mkall wrote:
Andy from Full Metal Hero wrote:2) Prime Weaponizers - Leader Class figures. Choose from Bumblebee or Optimus Prime who was on display, these new larger scale figures feature 4 modes of play with concealed weapons, Prime himself had a set of gattling guns which can flip out from under his hood in truck mode or mount the shoulders in robot mode. They have been simplified over previous leaders so the core audience of children can transform them more easily.

Hmm. I stand corrected. We ARE getting Leader Class, it seems. Prime? I get. Bumblebee? Again? Didn't the failtastic DOTM version teach them anything? They're going to be terribly out of scale with the smaller Voyagers and Deluxes. And simplified? How simple we talkin'? Granted, I agree it shouldn't be ROTF Optimus/DOTM Sentinel complex, but I sure hope it's not Cybertron Metroplex/DOTM Ironhide simplistic, either. I do like that they kept the Stealth Force mode in. That's a nice carryover from DOTM.

Mkall wrote:
Andy from Full Metal Hero wrote:3) Optimus Maximus - bases make a return to the line with Maximus, a large scale Cyberverse Playset which doubles a fully transforming figure and base for your Cyberverse figures. Featuring light and sound features, firing rockets and launching vehicle this guy was fairly imposing standing somewhere in between Ultimate Op and a regular Leader Class figure. It looked quite bare without any Cyberverse figures locked in but you could see the gun turrets just waiting to be armed by you min faves.

So, basically...we're getting a Fortress Maximus, of sorts? Awe. Some.

Mkall wrote:
Andy from Full Metal Hero wrote:Transformers Prime First Edition will not be hitting UK shelves in anyway shape or form, Cliffjumper and Bumblebee were on display but display is as far as they appear to be going.

That's horrible. Why would you tease somebody like that? Dangit Hasbro, grow up. I'm truly sorry to all of our UK fans and members. You deserve much better treatment than that.

Mkall wrote:It is interesting that there was nothing mentioned about the rumoured Movie Trilogy line; however there may be more revealed soon. For Seibertron.com will be covering the American International Toy Fair 2012 on February 12-15th. Stay tuned for more information.

Well, we know Optimus with trailer was sighted on eBay, in package. We know Leadfoot's been produced, as well as Soundwave and Que, so obviously they're coming. Somehow, some way. When? Heh. But it's safe to assume that even though they're coming, it means the UK won't see a single one of 'em.

craggy wrote:Seems the big H is focussing on the little guys a lot. Makes sense given economics.

It's definitely one of the things I'm worried about. They're too simplistic, which I understand due to their size, but they're just not my cup of tea. Now, if they were more solid and better constructed like Powerglide and Hatchet, both of which felt like REAL figures, and unlike Optimus, who felt like a plastic shell formed into a truck, I might be interested, especially in the Commander size.

As it is now, I'm definitely unimpressed. I don't know, I'm kinda sad. Looks like Bandai's getting even more of my money, this year.

Buy "Transformers Authentics Optimus Prime" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Terri-Bull" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Tra Rid Warrior Soundwave Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #277 - Daring to Be Stupid
"Daring to Be Stupid"
Posted: Sunday, May 30th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Cyberverse Battle for Cybertron 3 Sharkticons Attack Hotrod Figures" on EBAY
Buy "USA Transformers  Fans toys FT-20 FT20 A&B Terminus Giganticus G1 Omega Supreme" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Starscream Legion Class Dark of the Moon Hasbro Cyberverse" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS MOVIE ROTF SOUNDWAVE SIDESWIPE LEGENDS CLASS BRAND NEW SEALED 2009" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers: Siege - War for Cybertron - Brunt - Sealed" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Choro-Q QTF-06 Arcee New MISB (Takara TOMY Toyota Crown)" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY METROPLEX Transformers Encore Scramble City 12 New" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS WAR FOR CYBERTRON: SIEGE DELUXE CLASS WFC-S10 SKYTREAD" on EBAY