Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights

Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights

Tuesday, September 28th, 2021 1:22pm CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: Bounti76   Views: 21,946

It was just yesterday that we got an official reveal of the first set in the Amazon exclusive Golden Disk subline of the Kingdom toyline, in the form of Puffer and Road Ranger. But today, we get another reveal. Feast your optics on Jackpot and Sights! Jackpot is an Action Master from 1990, and Sights is his partner/Targetmaster. This marks the first true update for this character in 31 years, though his Transformers Animated counterpart did have a figure in the Transformers Subscription Service.

Much like that Animated counterpart, this Jackpot is also based on a previously released figure of Jazz, redecoed and with a new head sculpt, specifically, Studio Series Jazz. Sights, while retaining a flying robot mode, switches from being a bird to being a redeco of Siege Pteraxodon. The description notes that while being caught up in the same time vortex that Road Ranger and Puffer were, it gave Jackpot the ability to transform, which Action Masters never did.

Transformers News: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights

Jackpot and Sights are due in early March of 2022, and you can preorder them at Amazon by clicking any picture of them above, and though their listing at Hasbro Pulse is up, it is currently sold out.

What do you think of this latest set? Excited to see an Action Master get some love? Surprised that this mold didn't get made into Ricochet first? Let us know what you think in the Energon Pub Forums!

Credit(s): Amazon

Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116983)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 28th, 2021 @ 1:24pm CDT
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116985)
Posted by Bounti76 on September 28th, 2021 @ 2:07pm CDT
TF-fan kev777 wrote:Up on Amazon too

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08TQ ... UTF8&psc=1

Yep! Just click on any one of the pictures above, and it's linked to Amazon's listing. :D
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116986)
Posted by Munkky on September 28th, 2021 @ 2:24pm CDT
That looks nice. I've been debating buying Jazz for a while, but between Wheeljack, Ratchet, Prowl, Magnus, Red Alert, half of Arcee, about a quarter of Sideswipe and later this week (the set shipped today) Mirage, there's a lot of white on my G1 Autobot shelf, so I don't really want to add any more primarily white Autobots to my line-up. This figure could be a decent alternative to Jazz, I don't know all that much about Action Masters but I do like how Jackpot looks. I also like the little storyline that's going on with these sets, it's clearly been thought out a lot more than the Galactic Odyssey storyline was, and I don't mind the cute little "Bunch of obscure nobodies team up to save the day and stop the bad guys from using the Macguffin for eeeeeeevil" plot. It's simple enough to follow.
Perhaps I missed something when Road Ranger and Puffer were announced, but I didn't realise they were revealing the Golden Disk Collection all in one go with one new reveal each day. So it looks like Golden Disk Tigatron will be revealed and go up for pre-order before normal Tigatron after all. :roll:
Unless of course wave 4 is being officially revealed on Friday, the day after the fourth Golden Disk set, then I'll maybe let them off with it.
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116987)
Posted by WeatherManNX01 on September 28th, 2021 @ 2:24pm CDT
I was looking at my collection just yesterday and wondering what other possible uses they could have for the SS Jazz mold. I guess I got my answer.

I've love a G2 Jazz from it, though. Maybe Stepper, too, though I'm happy with the Selects version.
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116988)
Posted by o.supreme on September 28th, 2021 @ 2:28pm CDT
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116989)
Posted by blackeyedprime on September 28th, 2021 @ 2:37pm CDT
Looks good other than the yellow peg wheel. A bit steep at £30 so I'm undecided if I'll get it or not.
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116990)
Posted by Munkky on September 28th, 2021 @ 2:38pm CDT
o.supreme wrote:Not sure if they will reveal all 4 on consecutive days. It would be kind of neat, but I don't think anything has come out to confirm that. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

The Facebook post revealing Jackpot said the next set is going to be revealed tomorrow at 1pm Eastern Time. So it seems like daily reveals are what they're doing.
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116991)
Posted by Till-all-R1 on September 28th, 2021 @ 2:38pm CDT
Munkky wrote:That looks nice. I've been debating buying Jazz for a while, but between Wheeljack, Ratchet, Prowl, Magnus, Red Alert, half of Arcee, about a quarter of Sideswipe and later this week (the set shipped today) Mirage, there's a lot of white on my G1 Autobot shelf, so I don't really want to add any more primarily white Autobots to my line-up.

Interesting you brought this up, as I was just thinking the other day that my shelf has a lot of red on it.
Prime, Sideswipe, Cliffjumper, Warpath with soon to be Ironhide. So for me it's 50/50 of red and white so it's nice to add bots like Tracks, or in this case Jackpot if a person is interested in it, Which I'm not.
Cool looking figure though.
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116992)
Posted by o.supreme on September 28th, 2021 @ 2:39pm CDT
Awesome. Thanks, as I'm not on any major social media. Looking forward to Tigatron or Terrorsaur...??
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116993)
Posted by primalxconvoy on September 28th, 2021 @ 2:45pm CDT
AcademyofDrX wrote:
sol magnus wrote:
primalxconvoy wrote:
AcademyofDrX wrote:If you're using "identical" narrowly to refer to counterfeiting, that's fundamentally different. But honestly, even the original designs could probably be remade, because the patents are expired, but I don't know why anyone would want to do that.

In context, though, I'm talking about reengineered Generations-style updates. There are no toy rights restrictions to something like that.

Like I've said, there's no clear answer for this. It's why Apple and Samsung have gone to court over reverse engineering, and many other similar lawsuits. I daresay Hasbro doesn't want to suffer any potentially legal or financial problems linked to it.

Not too long ago, Bandai released new neo-generations style Machine Robo toys, so there's definitely something to the 'can't make toys in the likeness of the Bandai figures' thing.

No, there isn't. Just because Action Toys can make Machine Robo toys under license from Bandai doesn't mean that Hasbro can't make Go-Bots. There are two different sets of IP. If Hasbro's IP didn't include the likenesses, and Bandai's rights work the way people claim here, then the IDW comics series would have infringed on
Bandai's rights, but that's not how any of this works.

Anyway, Jackpot, eh? Nice. I wish they had used a mold closer to a Ferrari Testarossa though, but I can't think of which current mold that could be.

For those unfamiliar with this character:

- https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Jackpot_(G1)

Jackpot.jpg
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116994)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 28th, 2021 @ 2:49pm CDT
primalxconvoy wrote:Firstly, the comics included a rough approximation of the Gobots characters. Secondly, they were never explicitly stated as Gobots either.
Uhh, it's in the title of the series:

Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116995)
Posted by primalxconvoy on September 28th, 2021 @ 3:00pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Uhh, it's in the title of the series:

Oh yes, sorry. I forgot about those ones. I was referring to the background characters in the previous comics.

Hmm, well, perhaps it's back to the "everything but the fully realised toy depictions" argument?
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116997)
Posted by TF-fan kev777 on September 28th, 2021 @ 3:16pm CDT
I would be in favor of the getting back on topic argument and pushing any further IP/copyright discussion for its own thread. (Not trying to mod, just wanting to discuss the Kingdom and Golden Disc figures, but the thread keeps getting derailed.)

I'll even try to provide a segue. Remember when the Earthrise GO sets were first announced and everyone was certain we would be getting Gobot repaints for the Botropolis set? Anyone else wonder if Hasbro saw all the speculation and realized we would want some of the others and not just Bug Bite?
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116998)
Posted by Overcracker on September 28th, 2021 @ 3:26pm CDT
And here I was hoping for a Ricochet or G2 Jazz repaint of that mold.
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2116999)
Posted by Rtron on September 28th, 2021 @ 3:38pm CDT
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2117000)
Posted by primalxconvoy on September 28th, 2021 @ 3:42pm CDT
Rtron wrote:I really wish they'd write down that "fiction" from the listings and online bios somewhere in the box, or at least include as an insert or as part of the instructions. Otherwise, it's lost as soon as the listing is done. I know it's very silly, but I like those little pieces of context for figures very much.

so-sayweall-battlestart-galactica.gif
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2117001)
Posted by King Kuuga on September 28th, 2021 @ 3:54pm CDT
Oh right so my Grimlock/Mirage and Sideswipe/Silverbolt Skywarp sets came in. Sideswipe is exactly what you'd expect, this mold has been done a million times over the last few years. Only quibble is a small gap on his abs due to the different shape of the car fender from the siege mold but that's barely noticeable. Skywarp is a good update, good use of the mold, but I wish he was combiner compatible. Grimlock is great, and a very special grab for me since I had Beast Wars Grimlock as a kid long before I ever saw the cartoon or knew who Dinobot was. Traded him to another kid for.... I wanna say Claw Jaw. Biggest mistake of my life, even knowing that he has GPS and probably wouldn't have survived to my adulthood. I'm impressed with this update on the whole, although I would have preferred Dalmation spots over the bland looking black stripe running down the back. Also, would have liked for them to color in the faux eyes on the chest, I really don't understand why they didn't except maybe there were already too many paint apps, but they had the green and it's a really small area. I don't fully understand the decision-making in these sorts of choices so I won't try to speculate. The new headsculpt is really nice too. Considering the original was just a pretty straight redeco of Dinobot, they could have gotten away with using his head again but they made one that looks more like the toy and the character of Grimlock, and I appreciate that.
And then there's Mirage. He's trash. I didn't like the Siege mold much but this one is somehow worse. I'll be selling both and getting Classics Mirage.
PXL_20210927_211351830.jpg

PXL_20210927_205910443.jpg

PXL_20210925_172807018.jpg
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2117002)
Posted by Emerje on September 28th, 2021 @ 3:54pm CDT
Super happy to finally have an updated Jackpot! If I was going to make one complaint it's that they didn't give Sights a new bird head, but he's going to be spending all of his time in gun mode on the shelf so it's fine.

And for extra authenticity you can even pop Sights' feet off and lose them just like the original, awesome!

Emerje
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2117003)
Posted by sol magnus on September 28th, 2021 @ 4:03pm CDT

The wiki could include them, but they're more interested in cracking jokes than document actual content.
Re: Transformers Kingdom Golden Disk Chapter 2 Set Revealed as Jackpot and Sights (2117004)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 28th, 2021 @ 4:10pm CDT
sol magnus wrote:

Oh really?

After the quantum surge caused a time vortex, Autobots Pipes and Huffer were fused into Puffer, and alongside GoBot Road Ranger, were pulled to prehistoric Earth.[1] Despite their rather bizarre origin, they can still tussle with the best of them.

References
↑ 1.0 1.1 Amazon product description: "CHAPTER 1: THROUGH THE VORTEX: The quantum surge causes a time vortex, intercepting the GoBot Road Ranger and the Autobots Pipes and Huffer, pulling them through time and space. During the wild journey through the vortex, Huffer and Pipes fuse and arrive on prehistoric Earth as Puffer"

Buy "Transformers Authentics Starscream" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 8 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #286 - They Might Be Giants
"They Might Be Giants"
Posted: Friday, October 8th, 2021

Buy "TRANSFORMERS PRIME CYBERVERSE LOT 2012 Starscream Ratchet Arcee - Weapons Parts" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers ~ Bumblebee Cyberverse Adventures ~ Deluxe Cheetor ~ Dinobots Unite" on EBAY
Buy "Used IRONHIDE  TRANSFORMERS ARMS MICRON PRIME AM-20 / TAKARA" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2011 Generations Fall of Cybertron Shockwave New In Box!" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Toys Studio Series 46 Deluxe Class Transformers: Bumblebee …" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Generations Fall of Cybertron FOC Bruticus!" on EBAY