Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder

Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder

Tuesday, August 30th, 2011 6:12pm CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 39,233

Amazon.com has listed a new pre-order for a Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover edition. It appears this version will include 40 pages worth of extra content, as it's page count is listed as 172 compared to the previous TPB's 132. The hardcover is scheduled for release January 10th, 2012 for a price of $29.99.

Product Description
The Autobot special ops crew, The Wreckers, are sent to investigate Garrus-9, a prison that fell to the Decepticons three years ago with no communication in or out since. Who's really behind the prison siege, and what dark secret awaits Springer there? The answers to those questions will send this mission to the razors edge!

Product Details

• Hardcover: 172 pages
  • Publisher: IDW Publishing (January 10, 2012)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 1613771266
  • ISBN-13: 978-1613771266

Credit(s): Amazon

This article was last modified on Tuesday, August 30th, 2011 8:26pm CDT

Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1283764)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 30th, 2011 @ 6:19pm CDT
Why is it getting the hardcover treatment, this comic sucked
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1283768)
Posted by YoungPrime on August 30th, 2011 @ 6:35pm CDT
More like "The last stand of an actual good TF comic book"
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1283772)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on August 30th, 2011 @ 6:42pm CDT
Megatron Wolf wrote:Why is it getting the hardcover treatment, this comic sucked

Then why is it that you're the first person I've seen to talk badly about it? :P
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1283791)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on August 30th, 2011 @ 7:18pm CDT

I'm posting to balance you out here. Last Stand is awesome!
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1283812)
Posted by _Anshin_ on August 30th, 2011 @ 8:17pm CDT
This is probably one of the best stories out there. I honestly think I like this better than All Hail Megatron.
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1283829)
Posted by sabrigami on August 30th, 2011 @ 9:04pm CDT

Wow, I can understand people perhaps not liking the story itself (being too dark or whatever), but you can't argue with the quality of the work. from the art (+ coloring) to the characterizations to the detail and depth of the story, I don't think you could argue that it was bad quality. Like I said, I can understand people just not liking the story, I hope you fall into that category :P

Back on topic, I already own this book, and have read it numerous times, but I may just have to drop the cash for this too (provided a store near me will carry it). This story is what launched me from mild interest to rabid obsession. I've read this story every few months since the TPB came out, and it hasn't lost it's lustre to me :KREMZEEK:
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1283833)
Posted by korisifu on August 30th, 2011 @ 9:10pm CDT
Finally! :APPLAUSE:
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1283991)
Posted by Prime Evil on August 31st, 2011 @ 7:30am CDT
One of THEE best TF stories to date. I have the individual comics, the TPB, and now this with more extra gooey goodness...I'm in just for the extras. I can keep the comics sealed in their baggies, the TPB in my backpack, and the hardcover as a coffee table read. :grin:
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1284131)
Posted by triKlops on August 31st, 2011 @ 2:11pm CDT
aaaaaannddd preordered
definitely worth the loot
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1284209)
Posted by Stormrider on August 31st, 2011 @ 5:19pm CDT
Looks interesting.
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1284225)
Posted by Blurrz on August 31st, 2011 @ 5:47pm CDT
Fourty pages? Derpppp
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1284252)
Posted by Vicalliose on August 31st, 2011 @ 7:32pm CDT

I assume you're being sarcastic sir. If you aren't then uh... you weird.

Honestly it satisfies all ends of the spectrum in the fandom. Plenty of mindless violence (good for the Bayformers crowd), a good deep story, good art, good characterizations, limited human involvement (all she did was narrate and throw around morality, she really had zero power over what was going on), plenty of backstory, etcetera. Loads of good stuff. I'd think the only reason someone would be miffed is if one of their favorite characters got slaughtered, which is unlikely, considering all the dead bodies in this story didn't have much of a story of their own prior to these comics.

As for my opinion on this hardcovers release... DAMMIT!!! I already bought all the comics, I actually have both the original and the re-printing of the first issue, and then I bought TPB because it has more content in it that I wouldn't get in the comics themselves, not to mention there are actually a few character bios missing from the TPB so I have to keep the originals. And now this is going to have more?! What's worse is that I expect they will also stick this in with one of the IDW collections as well, but it probably won't have the extra content. So ultimately I'll end up having four different copies of this series! :BANG_HEAD:
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1284291)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 31st, 2011 @ 10:03pm CDT
40 more pages?!?! That's more than just cover gallery, profile pages and sketches! That's like 2 more issues worth of content!

A week after my birthday too! Score!
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1284349)
Posted by Oilspill on September 1st, 2011 @ 2:53am CDT
Awesome, this is my favourite TF comic ever. But I already own it in TPB format and digitally. So what's in the extra 40pgs to get me to buy it a third time?
Re: Transformers: Last Stand of the Wreckers Hardcover Preorder (1284350)
Posted by funeralthirst7 on September 1st, 2011 @ 3:00am CDT
WTF IDW? I just got the tpb for Fathers Day and now you add more content? Are you trying to murder my bank account?

Seriously though, what's in the extra 40 pages? I might have to buy it if it's worthwhile.

Buy "Transformers Studio Series 11 Deluxe Class Movie 4 Lockdown" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Class Trypticon" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers RID Combiner Force Warriors Class Starscream" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #289 - No Thanks Given
"No Thanks Given"
Posted: Monday, November 29th, 2021

Buy "Transformers Netflix Megatron With Skelivore War for Cybertron New Sealed In Box" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Scourge/Sweeps Body Part, Right Side Shield" on EBAY
Buy "Armada of Cyclonus Scourge Sweep Set of 3 | Transformers Platinum Edition Hasbro" on EBAY
Buy "2017 Transformers Collertors Club TFSS Series 5.0 Shattered Glass Starscream" on EBAY
Buy "G1 transformers Diamond Select bust Coronation Starscream 445/600 broken read" on EBAY
Buy "NEWinbox "Armada of Cyclonus" Hasbro Transformers 3pc Set Cyclonus+Sweep+Scourge" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers 2021 Buzzworthy Bumblebee Robot Action Figure - F1288" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Buzzworthy Bumblebee Studio Series #40BB Deluxe Decepticon Shatter" on EBAY