Thursday, April 6th, 2017 8:49am CDT

Categories: Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: D-Maximal_Primal   Views: 22,421

Sponsor Big Bad Toy Store has let us know that they have listed the pre-orders for the recently announced Takara Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, and Sharkticon with Sweep! Hot Rodimus and Kup are both priced at $39.99 while Sharkticon is priced at $19.99. Hot Rodimus and Kup are anticipated to be the takara versions of their Titans Return toys, while Sharkticon with Sweep is anticipated to be the Takara Sharkticon/Gnaw (kinda obvious no?) with what may be an extra Scourge head to act as a Sweep and give you maximum army building potential! The listings are provided below, and the figures are set to be available in September

Hot Rodimus
Kup
Sharkticon with Sweep

Credit(s): Big Bad Toy Store

This article was last modified on Wednesday, April 12th, 2017 9:35am CDT

Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872241)
Posted by Randomhero on April 6th, 2017 @ 9:14am CDT

I already have three Gnaws and three TR scourge figures as sweeps so that doesn't wow in the slightest.

I'm gonna gamble and wait for photos. Kup is really one I say "Titans Return in is fine, I like toy colors." But Hot Rod, it's gotta be the magenta colors to sell me. Usually they don't do that but the they did with MP hot rod. If it's magenta I'll snag one if the preorders don't sell out.
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872243)
Posted by EmirateXaaron on April 6th, 2017 @ 9:18am CDT
Cobotron wrote:You know what Legends class figures I have a strong feeling WILL be released in 2-packs in the Legends line?

The CLONES!!!!
Who's with me?!! :michaelbay:

Oh man, I certainly hope so. I don't want to buy $400 worth of boxsets just to get the clones.
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872244)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 6th, 2017 @ 9:19am CDT
Randomhero wrote:I'd really like to get Hot rod and Kup but I don't know if I'm willing to spend $80 on two deluxes for cartoon paint and Titan master vehicles I already own and are in a box somewhere because the mini vehicles do nothing for me.

Preorder now, and when pics come out before the release date, if the figures' decos aren't to your liking, cancel them post haste.
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872252)
Posted by william-james88 on April 6th, 2017 @ 9:56am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Or order them from somewhere that actualy buys them directly from Takara so you buy them at their actual price.
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872253)
Posted by Randomhero on April 6th, 2017 @ 10:15am CDT
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I have done that but sometime it makes zero difference. Originally I preordered Ginrai and with the import shipping it was gonna cost me $115 so I just went with bbts and cost me $110. Same with my united computron and that awful Second chance shockwave figure. I ended up paying $10-15 more with the shippinng going with over seas site than just going with the local sites for both of them
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872256)
Posted by steals_your_goats on April 6th, 2017 @ 10:44am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Are you U.S based? Because I imported Ginrai from amiami and it cost $180 shipped for him, Soundwave and brainstorm
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872257)
Posted by william-james88 on April 6th, 2017 @ 10:45am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

There are lots of factors to consider. Those were big boxes and shipped individually, right? Plus, does your difference incorporate the shipping it would have cost from BBTS to you? Did you pick EMS, the more expensive shipping option? Where are you located? I havent heard of anyone US based which ended up paying more for Ginrai by importing. Plus there may have been a currency factor involved too. You have to check it all out to make sure you get the best deal. Like MP cheetor. He was so light that the cheaper shipping option was very little and thus the savings were huge.

In this case, these are deluxes. They will be 3,130 JPY/ $28,19 USD from Amiami (wow, the Yen bounced back up). Shipping them together would be about 10-15 SAL, so you would end up paying about $70 instead of $80 plus shipping. So thats $15 less than going through BBTS, about the price of a new deluxe at Walmart.
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872261)
Posted by Randomhero on April 6th, 2017 @ 10:59am CDT
steals_your_goats wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Yeah I'm in the middle of the US. Iowa. Shipping was like 25-35 cheapest so I looked around and decided to go local which did save me some money and BBTS shipping warehouse is literately the next state over so it only takes 2 days if that
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872262)
Posted by william-james88 on April 6th, 2017 @ 11:09am CDT

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Transformer ... Sw65FXwVrt
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872267)
Posted by kurthy on April 6th, 2017 @ 11:24am CDT
Randomhero wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Now I'm confused, because I ship through amiami, choose SAL, and live in Iowa City and it is always way cheaper than BBTS. MP-36 was only $196 shipped vs. $225 before shipping from BBTS. The only time it wasn't significantly cheaper was Fort Max so I went with the Hasbro version.
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872268)
Posted by Randomhero on April 6th, 2017 @ 11:26am CDT
william-james88 wrote:Speaking of prices for legends figures, youu can currently purchase an out of box legends skullcruncher for $25 which is basically the price of a deluxe figure plus the titan master vehicle.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Transformer ... Sw65FXwVrt

I saw those the other day and another seller who was selling botcon and tfcc for $5 starting bid and had 100% feedback. Tempting but man I promised myself to hold on transformers for march and April. Saving for a house so transformers gotta go on the back burner for a little bit.
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872277)
Posted by Randomhero on April 6th, 2017 @ 12:42pm CDT
kurthy wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
steals_your_goats wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
william-james88 wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

Well whenever I've imported it's with robot kingdom and that probably why. I've heard their mailing is higher sometimes. I was going to get TR Broadside and Sky Shadow and I think they came to over $100 with shipping so decided just wait and pick them up when they're out. I think they charged me like $40-50 for computron to ship but that I had to bite down on because everywhere was sold out.
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872279)
Posted by william-james88 on April 6th, 2017 @ 1:07pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:Well whenever I've imported it's with robot kingdom and that probably why.

Well thats a different discussion entirely. Robot Kingdom is not a direct retailer from takara and abide by different rules than japanese retailers (Robot Kingdom is not japanese). They import too, hence why you importing from them means your are charging yourself a double import fee. Robot Kingdom is a local retailer, like BBTS, but for China.
Its not them we were discussing.

If you want to import japanese products, you are always better off doing it from actual japanese retailers like Amiami, Anime Export, Nippon Yassan or HLJ. Thats where you will get them for their actual non inflated price.
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872283)
Posted by Jelze Bunnycat on April 6th, 2017 @ 1:20pm CDT

- Ptero
- Sawback
- Fangry
- Shuffler

... leaving only Repugnus. I guess he could be paired with Rodimus given the whole planet Beast thing in Headmasters, but Kup?
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872285)
Posted by william-james88 on April 6th, 2017 @ 1:22pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Right, two new releases, maybe two new drones to be redecoed... We may have a problem there. Honestly, I can't see TakaraTomy using any of these molds for them:

- Ptero
- Sawback
- Fangry
- Shuffler

I totally him weilding shuffler. that looks like an actual weapon
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872290)
Posted by steals_your_goats on April 6th, 2017 @ 1:38pm CDT
william-james88 wrote:

- Ptero
- Sawback
- Fangry
- Shuffler

I totally him weilding shuffler. that looks like an actual weapon

I personally think they're going to wait until all the master warriors are done and then release them all in a set. I can see Kirk, Rodney and loafer being released by Hasbro under power of the primes as targetmasters or whatever is replacing the Titan master class
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872400)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 6th, 2017 @ 6:45pm CDT
http://actiontise.com/A/adclick.php?ban ... e%3Dretail

BBTS has confirmation of the Sharkticon, Kup and Hotrodimus releases.
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872424)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on April 6th, 2017 @ 8:15pm CDT
I'm really surprised that Bumblebee isn't getting released in this first wave
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872428)
Posted by fenrir72 on April 6th, 2017 @ 8:26pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:I'm really surprised that Bumblebee isn't getting released in this first wave

And Kickback.
Re: Transformers Legends Hot Rodimus, Kup, Sharkticon and Sweep up for Pre-Order at BBTS (1872432)
Posted by YoungPrime on April 6th, 2017 @ 8:47pm CDT
Wait!

.....40 bucks for Kup?

Keep it!

Thrilling 30 Sgt. Kup as main Kup it is then....

I'll likely buy 2 more Sharkticon's but it'll be for $20 total not $40!

Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Combiner Wars Blast Off Megatronus Prime Master" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titans Return Titan Master Loudmouth" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Generations Titan Masters Overboard Action Figure" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #278 - The Return of Rodimus Prime
"The Return of Rodimus Prime"
Posted: Sunday, June 13th, 2021

Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-47 Kickback & Double Dealer" on EBAY
Buy "Takara Tomy Transformers Legends LG-38 Laserbeak & Apeface" on EBAY
Buy "G1 Transformers Botcon 2013 Classics SEEKER HOTLINK  Tech Card  & instuctions" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Blurr" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Challenge at Cybertron Rodimus and Titans Return Hot Rod" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Voyager ASTROTRAIN Loose Figure" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Titans Return Chromedome COMPLETE, Great Condition" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Cybertron Legends Class Galvatron Action Figure 2005 - MOC" on EBAY