Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche

Transformers News: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche

Thursday, December 28th, 2017 11:01AM CST

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: Tyrannacon   Views: 14,357

PreviewsWorld has posted Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B. Cover B features the art by Nick Roche for the artist's edition this month. Below is a brief synopsis of what to expect, along with a other information, and what the cover ultimately looks like!

(W) James Roberts (A) Alex Milne (CA) Nick Roche
CABIN FEVER! Crammed into a dead Decepticon astropod that's ten sizes too small, the displaced crew of the Lost Light face their most serious threat yet: each other. As tensions rise and tempers fray, only one Autobot is arrogant enough to think he can save the day. Enter Rodimus, expert mediator.

• Part of IDW's Artist's Edition Cover Month!
In Shops: Jan 24, 2018
SRP: $3.99

Credit(s): PreviewsWorld
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928542)
Posted by o.supreme on December 28th, 2017 @ 11:15am CST
Wow...a lot of comments on issue 12, and I appreciate the mixed opinions. Some here know my general consensus on MTMTE/LL, I'm not a huge fan. But...I try to support IDW, even tough they disappoint me more often than not. I'd rather have something than nothing at all. Now that being said, I usually don't give my 2 cents each time a new issue of LL comes out because admittedly I'm not a fan, and I don't want to mire fan discussion with just negativity..that's not cool.

But...since we got the early advertisements for this, I was especially looking forward to this issue. Combiners are my favorite aspect of the Transformers lore, and the thought that Getaway might be getting his comeuppance via the Protectabots/Defensor sounded neat...

Then a few pages in...That line from Luke Skywalker in The Last Jedi hit me like a ton of bricks. -"This is not going to go the way you think"...

Oh boy...There really isn't anything that can be summarized that hasn't already been said, but [spoiler]seeing an awesome combiner being taken down like a chump yet again doesn't sit well with me, neither does crazy zealot Star Saber. I thought we had seen the last of him,[/spoiler] I had to watch at least 3 episodes of Victory to get me back to where I need to be in my mind with that character.

So yeah, I'm back to square one, not really liking this series. But I know its by far the most popular TF book currently, so I hope fans are enjoying it. I have Optimus Prime to keep me going until we see what havoc Unicron wreaks in mid 2018.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928548)
Posted by Mr.MicroMaster on December 28th, 2017 @ 11:40am CST
That cover is hysterical I give it a :rodimusstar:. I have I feeling I just might enjoy this issue.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928551)
Posted by o.supreme on December 28th, 2017 @ 11:49am CST
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928564)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on December 28th, 2017 @ 12:48pm CST
Well here are the sales numbers courtesy of ComiChron for November 2017:

#268 in units, #255 in sales Optimus Prime #12 sold 5,811 units
#270 in units #256 in sales Transformers Lost Light #11 sold 5,786 units
#271 in units #274 in sales Transformers First Strike #1 sold 5,730 units
#274 in units #262 in sales Optimus Prime #13 sold 5,638 units

So Lost Light is not the most popular Transformers comic, if the downward trend of Optimus Prime is matched by Lost Light. Interesting that Transformers First Strike sold so well!
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928566)
Posted by o.supreme on December 28th, 2017 @ 12:52pm CST
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928570)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on December 28th, 2017 @ 1:03pm CST
Interestingly, in October, First Strike #5 and #6 outsold Optimus Prime and Lost Light. So from that, it seems like people like the shared universe, and they aren't all Transformers fans!
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928574)
Posted by Deadput on December 28th, 2017 @ 1:20pm CST
o.supreme wrote:Covers A & C (the one used in the review) are awesome...I'll say that much [spoiler]Too bad Cover C is one of those *things that never happens* covers...[/spoiler]

It's false advertising which is disgusting, it's not like that cover with Swerve and Anode that was posted today which we can obviously tell is non canon but that cover you mentioned? That's actual lying to make people buy the comics and they don't care if people get disappointed they were lied to since it's too late IDW got their money.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928579)
Posted by partholon on December 28th, 2017 @ 1:39pm CST
o.supreme wrote:That is interesting and all, like I said, I've always preferred RID/TF/Prime and TAAO as opposed to MTMTE/LL. But fans constantly rave about MTMTE/LL, and it is always winning awards...so I naturally just thought it was the most popular because its seemingly all what anybody talks about.

to put it in perspective both the OP issues in that chart and LL combined are now selling LESS than when furman was kicked off the book for "low sales"

sommats gonna happen man as this cant go on.

Optimus Prime 13 is one copy away from selling the same as "zombie tramp" FFS.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928582)
Posted by Deadput on December 28th, 2017 @ 1:44pm CST
You know this kinda stuff could be avoided if there was only one or two comics instead of having dozens upon dozens at a time it makes it really confusing for people to understand and/or catch up.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928586)
Posted by partholon on December 28th, 2017 @ 1:59pm CST
Ive said since the first windblade mini that our fanbase just isnt big enough to support 3 books.

i can see IDW doing a "gi joe " on us.

i.e they'll bring furman back to try and get legacy readers to return (basically the larry hama deal) and put out a single ongoing for the
normal "IDWverse" probably done by barber.

with the odd mini series by roberts.

or something very like that.

its a pity but were not the xmen or the avengers and sooner or later the maths gets ya.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928587)
Posted by o.supreme on December 28th, 2017 @ 2:02pm CST
So TF books overall are on the decline then? That makes sense. I posted not too long ago that the local shop I go to (the owner now has 3 shops in the greater Sacramento area, and I've known him for 20+ years...)..isn't even stocking most IDW titles, they are special ordered for myself and a handful of others. Kind of a shame, but I get it.

I loved most of IDW's Godzilla run from 2012-216, but low sales ultimately killed it as well, but I do have to admit IDW stuck with it longer than any other publisher, I'm sure the last issues were selling less than 2000 each, and they still all got TPB after the fact... maybe Unicron really will be THE END :shock:
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928592)
Posted by partholon on December 28th, 2017 @ 2:11pm CST
i will give IDW that.

theyve taken more chances with this franchise than Marvel EVER wouldve.

and theres no way in hell they'd be launching new books through it (like visionares etc)

they'dve cancelled ALL the books at this level. hell we woudlntve got a second book at all.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928594)
Posted by Va'al on December 28th, 2017 @ 2:27pm CST

I'll come back in a couple of days to defend the comic again.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928596)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on December 28th, 2017 @ 2:32pm CST
Is it maybe possible that all the Protectobots are on the ship and First Aid will save them all along with Thunderclash?
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928613)
Posted by Burn on December 28th, 2017 @ 3:58pm CST
Va'al wrote:The level of negativity based on some really partial and clearly not entirely attuned readings of the IDW situation, comics in general, and just dislike of certain narrative choices is really dampening my mood.

I'll come back in a couple of days to defend the comic again.

Or, and stay with me here on this one, you could ... I dunno, accept that some people don't love these comics as much as you do.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928617)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on December 28th, 2017 @ 4:12pm CST
Now that we are almost at the end of the year, let's look how much the TRansformer Comic Book Sales have decreased over this year, not counting December yet:

JANUARY
200 181 Optimus Prime 2* $3.99 IDW 9,258
207 192 Optimus Prime 3* $3.99 IDW 8,274

FEBRUARY
211 194 Optimus Prime 4* $3.99 IDW 7,600
214 197 Transformers Lost Light 2* $3.99 IDW 7,534
231 207 Transformers Lost Light 3* $3.99 IDW 6,770
242 223 Transformers Till All Are One 7 $3.99 IDW 6,426

MARCH (Rom #7 outsold all Transformers titles this month!)
234 226 Optimus Prime 5* $3.99 IDW 7,274

244 237 Transformers Lost Light 8* $3.99 IDW 6,950
263 257 Transformers Till All Are One 11 $3.99 IDW 6,060

AUGUST
195 175 First Strike 1 $3.99 IDW 10,611
222 203 First Strike 2 $3.99 IDW 9,105
281 252 Optimus Prime 10* $3.99 IDW 6,117
287 278 Transformers Till All Are One 12 $3.99 IDW 5,912 <-- CANCELLED HERE!
296 261 Rom Vs. Transformers Shining Armor 2* $3.99 IDW 5,769

251 258 First Strike 6 $3.99 IDW 6,054
254 239 Transformers Lost Light 10* $3.99 IDW 5,977

285 274 Rom Vs. Transformers Shining Armor 4* $3.99 IDW 4,857
253 238 Optimus Prime 11* $3.99 IDW 6,010
265 261 Optimus Prime First Strike 1* $3.99 IDW 5,384
298 305 Rom First Strike 1 $3.99 IDW 4,376

NOVEMBER <-- ALL TITLES BELOW SELLING LESS THAN TAAO WHEN IT WAS CANCELLED!
268 255 Optimus Prime 12 $3.99 IDW 5,811
270 256 Transformers Lost Light 11 $3.99 IDW 5,786
271 274 Transformers First Strike 1 $3.99 IDW 5,730
274 262 Optimus Prime 13 $3.99 IDW 5,638

We've gone from 9,*** people buying these books down to 5,***, losing almost 4,*** readers. If they wanted to soft reboot or cancel TAAO when it was below 6,000, OP & LL must be ending soon or being soft rebooted.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928634)
Posted by Deadput on December 28th, 2017 @ 6:00pm CST
This is just me but I have never seen Transformer comics books where I live besides a couple volumes at chapters/indigo here in Canada.

Transformer's comics are not small by any means but their not a huge thing either.

I've read IDW stuff since the All hail Megatron stuff and I've gone back and tried to read most of the older stuff, I loved IDW but it's just not getting my attention anymore, for example MTMTE/Lost Light has too many unanswered mysteries and most of the ones that get answered have awful conclusions, it also has a lot of wasted potential in characters, we don't see other members of the ship that often and any new characters that get made tend to be bland Oc's that could have been filled by an established character and not necessarily a g1 guy either like I would love to see an IDW Nu-Rid character or IDW movie Blackout.

I'm just waiting for Nitro Zeus personally since he's my fave Decepticon in the franchise but that's just me. (Although he'll probably get a couple panels and then die and be forgotten)
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928645)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on December 28th, 2017 @ 7:13pm CST
Black Bumblebee wrote:Is it possible that all of this is just a dream in Getaway's head that Sunder is using on him, while slowly killing him?

I can totally see this happening, and I hope that is what will happen. It also totally fits as something Roberts would do
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928654)
Posted by Ironhidensh on December 28th, 2017 @ 7:46pm CST
I'm kinda with Va'all. There is not liking the direction (me, dmax) then there is just being hateful and mean (many others). I want to share more thoughts and discuss, but the digital atmosphere here feels a bit toxic.

One thing I just can't get over, is when did Starsaber become phase sixer on Super roids powerful?
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #13 Cover B Posted - Featuring Cover Art by Nick Roche (1928656)
Posted by Targetmaster Kup on December 28th, 2017 @ 7:48pm CST
D-Maximus_Prime wrote:

Especially with them already finding Cyber-Utopia. It could be a false news memory loop?
Transformers products from AMAZON

Featured Products

Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Peterman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 15 Kramer Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Authentics Megatron" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Studio Series 07 Leader Class Movie 4 Grimlock" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Attacker 30 Newman Action Figure" on AMAZON
Buy "Transformers Bumblebee Evolution 3-Pack (Amazon Exclusive)" on AMAZON
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #208 - Everyone Gets Counterpunched
"Everyone Gets Counterpunched"
Posted: Sunday, September 23rd, 2018
Transformers products from EBAY

Items Ending Soon

Buy "Mighty Muggs Series - Transformers Universe, Starscream 6" Vinyl Figure New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers DOTM Dark Of The Moon Voyager Class Sentinel Prime MISB" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Turbo Changer Autobot Hound & Decepticon Berserker  New" on EBAY
Buy "Transformers Mastermind Creations R-05 Predaking Fortis Headstrong without box" on EBAY
Buy "Hasbro Transformers Generations ONSLAUGHT Combiner Wars Voyager Class" on EBAY
Buy "ES Gokin Series Rodimus Prime Figure ES-TF02 Fewture Transformers Action Toys" on EBAY
Buy "TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCT-BOTS,BLITZWING,AGES 7 , 67PCS,TRIPLE CHANGERS E 1:02" on EBAY
Buy "TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS Masterpiece Cybertron Optimus Prime Bape ver.MP-10A" on EBAY