Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview

Saturday, June 16th, 2018 5:58PM CDT

Category: Comic Book News
Posted by: WreckerJack   Views: 14,613

Alright ladies and gentlemen, it's that time again! We have for you a preview of Lost Light issue 19 via iTunes. We have posted the pages below so that you can read them if you wish. This issue will be available on iTunes on June 30th but you may pre-order it now so that you don't miss out. The issue will be 29 pages and the description is as follows.

DEATH FROM ABOVE! Years ago, the crew of the Lost Light fought a demonic Cybertronian mutant that fed on its victims’ souls. Years later, Rodimus and Co. are about to discover that the only thing worse than a sparkeater… is an army of sparkeaters!

If you are a fan of the comics, check out this variant cover for IDW Optimus Prime!

Transformers News: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview

Transformers News: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview
Credit(s): iTunes

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965350)
Posted by Randomhero on June 16th, 2018 @ 6:37pm CDT

And Cyclonus looks like Cyclonus!...because it’s by the guy who designed IDW Cyclonus but I have missed it. I don’t mind milnes exaggerated look but I’ve missed someone draws his face like it was introduced
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965360)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on June 16th, 2018 @ 7:29pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:Another 3rd party figure showing in IDW. Drifts alt-mode is traight up mastermind creations Stray. Rodimus’s too

Isn’t the 3P Rodimus toy based on his comic design, not the other way around?

Speaking of, when the hell are we gonna get a good 3P Drift?
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965362)
Posted by Randomhero on June 16th, 2018 @ 7:42pm CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:

Isn’t the 3P Rodimus toy based on his comic design, not the other way around?

Speaking of, when the hell are we gonna get a good 3P Drift?

Not exactly. If you go back to MTMTE issue 17 I think you can see Rodimus in rare form in his altmode and MMC took a lot of liberties with his altmode. He has pipes in the center of his alt mode in the art and in the figure they’re only to the side.

That’s MTME/LL Rodimus.

Ed is straight up using the mmc toy.

EJ is using their figure. Which he probably just googled LL Rodimus and saw the figure and thought it was an official. That happens more often than it should but that’s world we live in now. A lot of 3rd party toys pop up now on search engines and if you’re not a collector anymore you probably wouldn’t know.

He’s also using Prime Racthets ambulance for ratchet...
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965363)
Posted by Stormshot_Prime on June 16th, 2018 @ 7:47pm CDT
Randomhero wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:

Isn’t the 3P Rodimus toy based on his comic design, not the other way around?

Speaking of, when the hell are we gonna get a good 3P Drift?

He’s also using Prime Racthets ambulance for ratchet...

I definitely noticed the Ratchet bit, it makes me think we actually haven’t seen his alt mode in this body. I’m a huge fan of MTMTE/LL but there seriously aren’t enough transformations. Spotlight: Sixshot had him alone transform a dozen times or more.

So what you’re saying is the toy was made before we got a clear look at Roddy’s alt mode, and then this different artist is using that as a reference?
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965364)
Posted by Randomhero on June 16th, 2018 @ 7:51pm CDT
Stormshot_Prime wrote:
Randomhero wrote:
Stormshot_Prime wrote:

Isn’t the 3P Rodimus toy based on his comic design, not the other way around?

Speaking of, when the hell are we gonna get a good 3P Drift?

He’s also using Prime Racthets ambulance for ratchet...

Rodimus has transformed 5 times in MTMTE. Issue one which is a tiny panel, the annual which was drawn by someone else you cant see him very well also one panel. Issue 17 which is what I posted in my edit and the only clear image of his alt mode and in 50 and 55 but they’re not views that give you any details of it and their toy was already out

EJ even added details that’s are unique to The MMC figure lol
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965373)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 16th, 2018 @ 9:29pm CDT
And Chromedome is drawn using his TR toy alt mode, not is Batman Tumbler-esque alt mode. It's actually really fun to see the alt mode differences EJ used.

And speaking of which, it is cool to see EJ's art again. him, Casey Coller, all kinds of different artists for the final sprint to the end, I like that.

Also really wondering what Getaway did to turn the crew into Sparkeaters. and why Perceptor just blasted Brainstorm instead of trying to take his spark. Also kinda cute the way Stormy tries to bring him back to his sense.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965423)
Posted by Flashwave on June 17th, 2018 @ 10:18am CDT
Aww dude. Thats a sucky way to go out. "So what's gonna happen to the LL crew?"

"Oh, I'm jist gonna turn 150 Autobots in Sparkeaters. Off panel."

I mean, its not like there is time, but there were aome beloved Autobots in there.

Defensor was on that ship... Did Defensor get turned? Do we even want to know if there is a 10 story tall SparkEater running around?
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965426)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 17th, 2018 @ 10:30am CDT
Flashwave wrote:Aww dude. Thats a sucky way to go out. "So what's gonna happen to the LL crew?"

"Oh, I'm jist gonna turn 150 Autobots in Sparkeaters. Off panel."

There isn't. First Aid, Thunderclash, and Riptide escaped in Star Saber's ship in issue 12 while Rook was killed in his sleep by Atomizer, Ambulon was used as a leg to replace him but is dead, and the rest of the protectobots were shot apart by the security crew after Star Saber beat Defensor into pieces like Defensor was a giant wuss. So First Aid is the only member of Defensor still alive (or at least not comatose and full of holes).

And not like it matters anyway, the entire crew has had their mind wiped and re-written so many times by a sociopath being paid with brains and spines to chew on from other crew members, so it's not like any part of the ship's crew was actually redeemable.

In case you can't tell, Issue 12 is still very much a sour point for me, as is the handling of the protectobots and the mutineers as a whole.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965427)
Posted by Flashwave on June 17th, 2018 @ 10:34am CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:

"Oh, I'm jist gonna turn 150 Autobots in Sparkeaters. Off panel."

Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965430)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 17th, 2018 @ 10:53am CDT
Flashwave wrote:yeah, that arc was so prety so so. Ambulon makes things difficult, but I wouldnt be surprised if the Comatose couldve been turned.

Even if the comatose could be turned, that leaves a Defensor with no legs, seeing as how First Aid managed to escape, even if the turned could combine with Ambulon again.

And Mirage is dead too, and Roberts established that either Getaway didn't know he was a combiner limb, or IDW isn't scramble city where a limb from another combiner can just jump to a different combiner
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965600)
Posted by Big Grim on June 19th, 2018 @ 7:17am CDT
Gotta admit, seeing the crew turned like that bummed me out. Some really good characters there just...dead. Can't help but think they and the likes of Defensor deserved a lot better. But then, we've seen Cybertronians die before. Usually in G1 comics in the UK by Furman. But still...
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965613)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 19th, 2018 @ 9:28am CDT
To be fair, given some theories about how unicron will play out, they will all die then...in a universe destroying event and a lot of characters will be killed graphically.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965627)
Posted by Big Grim on June 19th, 2018 @ 11:19am CDT
For sure. I've just been invested in this for a long, long time. But yeah, a LOT of bots were killed during Time Wars and also during Unicron's attack in the G1 comics, so it's nothin' new.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965629)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 19th, 2018 @ 11:23am CDT
Hah, don't forget the underbase saga :lol:

A thought occurs mind, the grand architect...wouldn't it be funny if Roberts decided to make it the one character that should have stayed in the g1 toon to be forgotten...Primacon.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965659)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 19th, 2018 @ 5:07pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Hah, don't forget the underbase saga :lol:

Nah, the Grand Architect is either totally a time displaced Getaway or Brainstorm or someone like that
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965663)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 19th, 2018 @ 5:17pm CDT
Only reason I thought of it was to say that this series does tie into unicron, though I feel that whatever happens, Roberts will get flack for it.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965669)
Posted by Ironhidensh on June 19th, 2018 @ 6:33pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Hah, don't forget the underbase saga :lol:

Springer
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965673)
Posted by D-Maximal_Primal on June 19th, 2018 @ 6:58pm CDT
Ironhidensh wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Hah, don't forget the underbase saga :lol:

Springer

I thought that too, but Springer wouldn't be trying to do all this crap as far as I would believe.

Although, I have thought about this: what if Springer going back in time is what ends this universe? He succeeds, and slowly time starts to change, and when it looks like Unicron is about to win, everything finally finishes changing in a flash, and Cybertron is peaceful, the war never happened, Unicron never came, and the LL quest never needed to happen, thus saving everyone and stopping the Grand Architect
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965675)
Posted by Ironhidensh on June 19th, 2018 @ 7:38pm CDT
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
Ironhidensh wrote:
D-Maximal_Primal wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Hah, don't forget the underbase saga :lol:

Springer

This is actually my seceret hope for a happy ending for the series. I think Springer time traveling was too significant an event to not have major and lasting consequence.

Requiem my have been the final Wrecker story, but I do not believe we have seen the last of the Sprung One.
Re: Transformers: Lost Light #19 iTunes Preview (1965732)
Posted by ZeroWolf on June 20th, 2018 @ 1:38am CDT
I haven't read requiem yet but how far back did springer go? Did he go further back than shockwave? I too hope for a peaceful end, even to the point where they end it on a furmanism. Sadly I don't know how much of that we'll get.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #203 - Light Bringer